Shop/Purchases not working on Steam w/ Mac Os Big Sur

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Shop/Purchases not working on Steam w/ Mac Os Big Sur

Postby sgtemu » 17 Jan 2021, 08:29

Hi devs, since updating to Mac OS Big Sur all in-game purchases have stopped working. The pop-up window is smaller than usual and critically is not interactive except by hot keys so can only esc and enter but not navigate to complete purchases. It still works on other games I have tried since the update.
sgtemu
Private
Private

Re: Shop/Purchases not working on Steam w/ Mac Os Big Sur

Postby Stone » 18 Jan 2021, 09:24

Hi sgtemu, thanks for your report. To be honest we haven't yet updated our Macs to Big Sur because it's too brand new and we usually wait a few months till all problems that usually come with a huge Apple update are fixed. We will try to update one of our Macs to Big Sur soon and will take a look at this issue you mention. If it's possible, could you please share a video with us showing what's going on exactly? This way we can start thinking of a solution. Thank you very much!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby sgtemu » 18 Jan 2021, 21:29

Hi Stone, thanks for the reply. I don't have screen-recording software atm but I have attached a few screenshots from a test purchase from the store. It looks the same as the previous steam purchase path but much smaller. I cannot click on any part of either popup box and can only navigate through by using Shift+tab to close and then enter to proceed which is defaulted onto cancel transaction.

I understand that you have not updated yet, this is something a fair number of the player base could be facing soon though. Look forward to hearing if/when you've got a working solution to get back to buying raid tickets and chests!

Cheers
Emu

**Edit Sorry it seems I cannot upload the screenshots here as the file sizes are too large. Is there anywhere else you would like me to send them to?
sgtemu
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 19 Jan 2021, 09:17

sgtemu wrote:**Edit Sorry it seems I cannot upload the screenshots here as the file sizes are too large. Is there anywhere else you would like me to send them to?

Sure, send them over to support@frozenshard.com please
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Stone » 20 Jan 2021, 09:23

Hey sgtemu, just wanted to let you know I already updated my Mac to Big Sur and I'm indeed experiencing the issue like you. We will work on this to try get it fixed ASAP but it looks like a tricky one and involves a 3rd party so it may take a while. Stay tuned and check the release notes on each update to see if this got fixed.
Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences this issue may be causing you.
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Stone » 20 Jan 2021, 17:23

Hi again, just wanted to update you a little bit. We have been investigating about this and it looks like, as always, Big Sur came with a few issues, in particular the ones affecting Steam are affecting many other players (https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 628035941/) we will keep investigating and hopefully will find a solution soon for this.
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Stone » 22 Jan 2021, 15:49

One more day, one more update. We kind of understand what's going on. It's definitely something related to Big Sur's new "High resolution" mode when launching apps. We know a workaround to make the purchases work in case you feel like it.
The steps you need the follow are these:
1 - On Steam's library, right click on the name of the game in the list and select Manage -> Browse local files
2 - Once the finder folder opens, select the game and click Command + i (or right click the app and select "Get Info"
3 - Tick the "Open in Low Resolution" checkbox and re-launch the game (from Steam!)

That way you should be good to go.
We will keep investigating this but in the meantime that's a workaround.
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support