New Expansion: DEFIANCE patch notes & Launch

Public Announcements and Media related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: New Expansion: DEFIANCE patch notes & Launch

Postby mtormo » 21 Dec 2020, 09:58

Hello,

1 - I noticed that you have added golden frame to the back cover of cards. It looks very artificial and I beleive it does not fit to a historical ww2 game, so I think the previous back cover was much more authentic without golden frame. My proposal would be to make it optional (like background) or revert back.
(in some other card games the back cover of cards are also collectible and can be changed like backgrounds

Currently we don't have plans to have multiple "back cards", but we'll review the assets to see if we can improve them.

2 - If you use an order card, there is a blast effect on its place (at the left side). I'm not sure why order cards are exploding after use? Is it a mistake or intended? (Items cards are not exploding after use, just orders.) I think order cards without blasting would be better.

It's intended, all cards used/destroyed have the same animation, we have the option to use different "disappearing" effects but we didn't find an effect that we like it more than the explosion.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby sgt_tom » 22 Dec 2020, 10:44

May I ask what are the legendary card and leader blueprint drop rates in Defiance missions? Is it more than 10%?
I have completed 10 defiance missions so far, and received only 1 legendary and 0 blueprints.

I have received the Christmas Gift newsletter. Thank you for the upcoming gifts, much appreciated :)
sgt_tom
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Flomac » 23 Dec 2020, 15:11

Good tweaking of the card animation, it's much better now. And thanks for the upcoming christmas present, very much appreciated! :D
Flomac
Private
Private

Postby Assassin » 23 Dec 2020, 16:54

Flomac wrote:Good tweaking of the card animation, it's much better now. And thanks for the upcoming christmas present, very much appreciated! :D

To be honest...i am not a big fan of the new animations...but i get why they were added ;)

The update as a whole is great:
- New missions with varied gameplay and no evident difficulty issues. After a few games you can start winning. The differences in LANES format is also a good step for variety.
- Defiance difficulty is great. I didnt try them all, but on those i did the difficulty is ok (after a few tries). The epic reward is a "shorter" way to get the cards...better to invest gold in these missions than on packs. Takes longer of course, but part of the game.
- Leaders are fun. Lots to try and several players are using them. Apparently non-leader decks are a bit better at the top (once you get the key cards from all factions), but they are surely playable...and Thrax proves they can be made very very good once you get all the cards on one faction.
- New cards. Art is getting better IMHO and a few nice new cards, without breaking the previous ones. Interesting that some cards "steal" the main ability from other faction, like Brit sub with armor penetration or US sub with invulnerability (Just dont overdo it...nice that each faction plays different)

Couple comments...
Should there be a different way to get Leaders? As far as i see it, once you do all missions (that give you leader BPs) you NEED to buy them with 5000 gold (plus faction blueprints).

Right now i am still playing HARD Defiance missions to get all the "basic" cards, but i expect i will be playing a lot more missions in Defiance in the future. Probably this will reduce my PVP time.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby mtormo » 28 Dec 2020, 09:56

Hello,

Couple comments...
Should there be a different way to get Leaders? As far as i see it, once you do all missions (that give you leader BPs) you NEED to buy them with 5000 gold (plus faction blueprints)

You can get the blueprints via Defiance Missions, duties and also the option to purchase directly blueprints on the shop with gold, so you can play pvp and use the gold obtained from pvp or platoons to obtain them.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby sgt_tom » 28 Mar 2021, 15:40

sgt_tom wrote:May I ask what are the legendary card and leader blueprint drop rates in Defiance missions? Is it more than 10%?

Hi Mtormo,

Can I get some clue?

And one more very important question:
Does the final result affect the Defiance reward roll table at the end?
I mean if I'm finishing on high HP and dealing over damage (similar like campaign victory with 3 stars) do I get higher chance for Leader Blueprint and Legendary card reward? Or the battle performance does not impact the final reward?
sgt_tom
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 29 Mar 2021, 07:56

Hello,

Does the final result affect the Defiance reward roll table at the end?
I mean if I'm finishing on high HP and dealing over damage (similar like campaign victory with 3 stars) do I get higher chance for Leader Blueprint and Legendary card reward? Or the battle performance does not impact the final reward?

No, it doesn't matter the amount of Health or damage done, just completing the missions entitle the players to get the rewards.

May I ask what are the legendary card and leader blueprint drop rates in Defiance missions? Is it more than 10%?

You can get both a Legendary Card and Blueprint after completing a defiance mission. The chance to get a Legendary Card on a Defiance mission is 5%.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Previous

Return to Game Announcements