PvP Points?

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

PvP Points?

Postby 5Cats » 14 Mar 2015, 18:00

How do they work?
I've been getting scores like -12 and -14 for a loss, against higher, about even or lower Rated players.
But 4-8 for a win, regardless (it seems) of Rate or Rank involved.

I thought it was 1-10 for both wins and losses? Obviously not! And I haven't seen a "1" that I can recall...

Except during the first 30 matches... is the bonus then for wins only? Will it begin again in the new season? The "first 30" thing?

Can someone spell it out please? Thanks! It could solve a lot of mysteries.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: PvP Points?

Postby Assassin » 16 Mar 2015, 10:31

You get more points when you win against better ranked players...and significantly less points if winning against lower ranked players. Big differences in ranking mean few points to the winner (if he is the higher ranked player). If playing a equally ranked playeri think the winner gets 6 or 7 points.

In the first 30 matches it was usual that points were doubled...both ways...so we all start by winnning or losing 14 points or so.

Dont know if this will be the same next season...and i may have some detail wrong...but this is the general idea...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby nAFAI » 16 Mar 2015, 10:50

Assassin wrote:You get more points when you win against better ranked players...and significantly less points if winning against lower ranked players. Big differences in ranking mean few points to the winner (if he is the higher ranked player). If playing a equally ranked playeri think the winner gets 6 or 7 points.

In the first 30 matches it was usual that points were doubled...both ways...so we all start by winnning or losing 14 points or so.

Dont know if this will be the same next season...and i may have some detail wrong...but this is the general idea...

Basically this,

We will reset the ladder today and the Double points rule on the first 30 matches will remain the same! However we have tuned a bit the amount of rating you gain/lose against player with much more rating difference than you. So it should be harder to farm lower ranked players as they should give much less points than before.

Season 4 will start at around 12:00 C.E.T!

Will keep you posted!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 16 Mar 2015, 17:28

So the first 30 matches counts double for losses too, good to know!

And now there's a modifier for Rate difference, also good!

Any ideas on the "normal" numbers? Is it 1-10 for a win and 1-15 for a loss?
I guess we'll find out soon enough. Thx!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support