Game won’t connect to Facebook

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Game won’t connect to Facebook

Postby Varnell » 16 Dec 2020, 19:56

I tried to run the app and it gave me an error message instructing me to reinstall the app, which I did. But now, it will not connect to Facebook. It says “ recovering from alternative account” and connects to an outdated account.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Varnell
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Game won’t connect to Facebook

Postby mtormo » 17 Dec 2020, 09:50

Hello,

Could you please re-install the application and try again but first be sure that the facebook that you have linked to your device is the same that the one that logs into the game. This issue usually happens when you have a different facebook account linked on the device, or the browser sign-in that you use to login with facebook has a different facebook account.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Varnell » 18 Dec 2020, 22:39

It’s still not working. I’ve tried reinstalling both the app and FB. This is the second time it’s happened, and I don’t remember how it was fixed last time.
Varnell
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 21 Dec 2020, 09:59

Hello,

Please be sure that you have the correct facebook account on your device settings (the issue it always happen when it tries to connect with a different facebook account). There's the possibility that you have a different "facebook account" logged in in your device settings under accounts.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Varnell » 31 Dec 2020, 21:47

I have tried everything I could possibly think of, and still no luck. The correct FB account is linked to my device so I really don’t understand why it doesn’t want to connect to the game. The user ID linked to Facebook is 325413544512095.
Varnell
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 07 Jan 2021, 09:50

Hello,

With the instructions that we gave you, all other players that have the same issue with the facebook connect resolved the problem. The issue happens with you have an "invalid" facebook token, meaning that you use a different facebook login. That's the reason that we always recommend to fully delete both applications and removed from settings any facebook account linked and start fresh, by reinstalling both applications (so the game will ask you again facebook permissions and you will use the correct account).

If this doesn't work again, please contact as a support@frozenshard.com with an screenshot of exactly what happens on the login screen.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby afturganga » 05 Apr 2021, 08:18

Hi guys ,

is there any solution yet out to solve this issue : i also get the message : “ recovering from alternative account” and connects to an outdated account

1. I have no facebook app linked and installed so cant deinstall it
2. i clear all playstore cache / google cache / ww2 app cache deinstall / google chrome app and reinstall

When i have reinstall the app it allready had load data from an account so how can this hapen before i have sync to any facebook account? i use the permission over google chrome browser and not the app

When no chance appear it would be simple to have the opportunity to start the app fresh without any allready synced data

greetings
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 06 Apr 2021, 08:21

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly the problem that you're experiencing right now, please contact at support@frozenshard.com with this information:

- The current username on the game when you just install the game and the game tries to recover the information.
- The username you have in the account that you linked to facebook (if you remembered).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby afturganga » 07 Apr 2021, 11:05

Greetings

Hope the information were enough via mail. If not let me know.

Kind Regards
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Technical Support