Bug fix + Technical improvement ideas for version 0.6

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Bug fix + Technical improvement ideas for version 0.6

Postby sgt_tom » 12 Nov 2020, 21:43

Dear Frozen Shard Games,

I have collected some bugs and technical improvement ideas in the last couple of months.
Could you please review the list and correct as many as you can in the upcoming major update?

I. BUG LIST
A - Technical related:

1 - Achievment progress is not properly visible for most Steam achievements.
The progress is visible properly for obtaining gold and platoon points only, but progress is not shown properly for PVP matches, PVP Wins, card crafting, etc

2 - Mission game speed is not syncronized with raid/campaign/pvp speed in Steam.
Some mission speed is slightly slower than campaign/raids/pvp, like:
raid 1x speed = pvp 1x speed = campaign 1x speed = mission 0,5x speed
If I raise mission to 2x speed than it will be OK, but for raid/campaign it will be much more faster.

3 - Typo errors:
- k-class sumarine - letter b is missing
- fascine bundles - item descrioption is filled to the item's title as well
- progress related tasks on Master difficulty campaing are not properly displayed on daily duty task list:
Complete level 200 (Expert) ---> should be level 200 Master
Complete level 190 (Expert) ---> should be level 190 Master
(we still don't have expert difficulity for diamond decks but we would really like to have it in the future)
- Battle pass: Achieve 2 winning streak (H. Missions Medium / H. Missions Hard) ---> "H." is a bit confusing (H. could mean Hard and Historic as well)

4 - Deck incompatibility issue
During the base edition tournament I discovered that 2x basic USA granade and 2x basic precise map cannot be placed into the same deck as they conflict each other. It says you already have it in your deck but you don't. (not sure if other faction decks are also have similar bug)

5 - Battle Pass task is not applied in every diffculty, like "win 10 levels": only normal levels are counted, hard and master levels are not.

6 - 305mm Howitzer epic elit and diamond listed wrongly under sealords game edition filter in deck menu (view all cards).

7 - AI doesn't know how to use Patton card (usually it demotes own cards)

8 - Particular items overrides unit ability, e.g. if you give crafted M1 helmet to B29 superfortress, then it will lose it's special ability High Altittude (immune from armor and infantry) then it will immune to infantry only.

9 - Japanese health modification skills (surpirse attack, surprise fire, sudden attack and their improved versions) can bypass american flag raising.

10 - I'm not sure about this one, but I feel that buff and upgrade sequence is not correct in same cases:
- I feel that heal and support skills sequence is not the best at start/end turn: heal should occur first then buffs afterwards (if buffs come first then heal is wasted)
- What happens if you are using massive upgrade and buffing units at the same time with the same action point?
To demonstare this use Atlantic Wall and you have Blohm Voss on the field in Battle of Bulge:
1st - Use Atlantic Wall (promote all units)
2nd - Units getting x/x buffs from Blohm Voss as it was promoted
3nd - Other untis promoted at the same time, so they immediately lose the previously earned buffs, so Blohm Voss ability was wasted.
Please try this and you will see what I mean.
Why are they loosing always the buff if Atlantic Wall upgrades them at the same time? If the promotion sequence is random, then buff should remain there on 50% success rate, meaning some units should be promoted first before receiving buffs. Or is it significant where I put Blohm Voss on the filed?

B - Visual Bug:
Warmachine expansion has some illustration bugs:
- 352nd infantry division, Flammenwerfer 41 operator: german troop cards are illustrated in USA uniform and helmet.
- Yodo division - Japanese soldier wearing british commando uniform and equipped with Thompson?

II. INTERFACE IMPROVEMENT

1 - Need screen resoluton change option for PC version. (I use 1366*768 on notebook, but it's not full screen in the game)

2 - Need a filter option in the deck menu for "Newly added cards" which have arrived in the last patch. (detailed list of new cards are not listed in the ingame patch notes, so a filter would be really useful)

3 - Showing blueprint count in the shop screen at the headline (next to gold and duty cash) would be great.
Currently the amount is visible only if you click on each blueprint or go back to deck menu.
This information should be clearly displayed to see what we have currently before start shopping.

4 - Repositioning within the same line is not working if that line is full. If you have played 2 cards to attack or support lines then you can change position in that line before press end turn, but if you played 3 and the line is full then you cannot reposition cards anymore.

5 - Detailed portrait description at portrait frame selection screen would be useful.
It would be great if we know which portrait coming from which event/mission, then we would know how can we obtain the rest.

6 - Platoon name modifcation option is missing (I really missed it in my old platoon when I was leader)

7 - Need a function in global chat "muted list" which shows who was muted by me (accidentally) then we can unmute.

8 - The most important one: the game should be able to re-sync if you get "connection lost" error, which is a very common issue for many of us. The game is able to reconnect in raids and missions, so we can continue without problem, but it cannot reconnect in Campaign and PVP (you lost in that cases) PLEASE FOCUS ON THIS ONE.

Could you please add these to your to do list?
sgt_tom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Bug fix + Technical improvement ideas for version 0.6

Postby mtormo » 13 Nov 2020, 09:38

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

1 - Achievment progress is not properly visible for most Steam achievements.
The progress is visible properly for obtaining gold and platoon points only, but progress is not shown properly for PVP matches, PVP Wins, card crafting, etc

2 - Mission game speed is not syncronized with raid/campaign/pvp speed in Steam.
Some mission speed is slightly slower than campaign/raids/pvp, like:
raid 1x speed = pvp 1x speed = campaign 1x speed = mission 0,5x speed
If I raise mission to 2x speed than it will be OK, but for raid/campaign it will be much more faster.

We're looking into this.

3 - Typo errors:
- k-class sumarine - letter b is missing
- fascine bundles - item descrioption is filled to the item's title as well
- progress related tasks on Master difficulty campaing are not properly displayed on daily duty task list:
Complete level 200 (Expert) ---> should be level 200 Master
Complete level 190 (Expert) ---> should be level 190 Master
(we still don't have expert difficulity for diamond decks but we would really like to have it in the future)
- Battle pass: Achieve 2 winning streak (H. Missions Medium / H. Missions Hard) ---> "H." is a bit confusing (H. could mean Hard and Historic as well)

Fixed, except the "H. Missions", we'll keep that.

4 - Deck incompatibility issue
During the base edition tournament I discovered that 2x basic USA granade and 2x basic precise map cannot be placed into the same deck as they conflict each other. It says you already have it in your deck but you don't. (not sure if other faction decks are also have similar bug)

- Fixed!

5 - Battle Pass task is not applied in every diffculty, like "win 10 levels": only normal levels are counted, hard and master levels are not.

This was intended, but something that we may change.

6 - 305mm Howitzer epic elit and diamond listed wrongly under sealords game edition filter in deck menu (view all cards).

Fixed.

7 - AI doesn't know how to use Patton card (usually it demotes own cards)

Some cards are really hard to ply for the AI, we probably remove it from AI's decks.

8 - Particular items overrides unit ability, e.g. if you give crafted M1 helmet to B29 superfortress, then it will lose it's special ability High Altittude (immune from armor and infantry) then it will immune to infantry only.

While similar abilities merge in one, it should always take the best one, we'll review this case.

9 - Japanese health modification skills (surpirse attack, surprise fire, sudden attack and their improved versions) can bypass american flag raising.

This is intended, the health modification is not considered as "damage".

10 - I'm not sure about this one, but I feel that buff and upgrade sequence is not correct in same cases:...

Promotion cards are always the last thing to do, so you can't promote and then buff cards on the same "trigger".

B - Visual Bug:
Warmachine expansion has some illustration bugs:

We'll try our best to get fixed this as soon as possible.

-

About the Interface Improvements, we're doing some changes to the battlefield and we'll be post some screenshots so players have the opportunity to give us feedback. About your specifics, I have some comments:

3 - Showing blueprint count in the shop screen at the headline (next to gold and duty cash) would be great.

Too many blueprints to add them, but we need to find a better way to show them.

4 - Repositioning within the same line is not working if that line is full. If you have played 2 cards to attack or support lines then you can change position in that line before press end turn, but if you played 3 and the line is full then you cannot reposition cards anymore.

This is intended and we don't have plans to change it.

6 - Platoon name modifcation option is missing (I really missed it in my old platoon when I was leader)

This option won't be available at least for now.

8 - The most important one: the game should be able to re-sync if you get "connection lost" error, which is a very common issue for many of us. The game is able to reconnect in raids and missions, so we can continue without problem, but it cannot reconnect in Campaign and PVP (you lost in that cases) PLEASE FOCUS ON THIS ONE.

Actually, the games tries to reconnect in pvp too, but there's a limit (not in raid) and therefore sometimes you are not able to connect. There're room for improvement here and we'll keep working on this.

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the newest expansion, really soon we'll post it!

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Bestmig » 14 Nov 2020, 07:49

Hello, i hope u can find solution to fix bug
When i play historical mission stalingrad i find the bug.

I have first line he can kill bergerpanter with ability (further - fortification or protector), i have second line with ability artilery (further - artillery) if the my first line kill opponent fortification my artillery can't do damage opponet second line or face.

When i play pvp my opponents with this bug can win because sometimes my damage don't heat them.
Bestmig
Private
Private

Postby sgt_tom » 01 Dec 2020, 14:16

Thank you for correcting the things above.

While I'm waiting for Defiace expansion, I'm doing some battle pass quests, and I have noticed that AI is cheating at level 130 (and probably other levels too) as using multiple copy of the same legendary card (David MMccampbell):

Is it a functional bug, or allowed cheat?
sgt_tom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 02 Dec 2020, 09:43

Hello!

We'll review the AI's deck on that level, it should only have one copy of the card.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support