Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read this)

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read t

Postby Aine » 29 Feb 2020, 06:53

Everybody stop whining, and learn to play.
Aine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby flyfinator » 29 Feb 2020, 07:14

Aine wrote:Everybody stop whining, and learn to play.

Dude please....the so called whining doesnt come from ignorance playing the game, but experience in the genre. Whining and discussion makes games better! You have your opinion...
flyfinator
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Johnwayne » 07 Mar 2020, 03:34

I’m not a businessman but the depreciation on selling cards seems outrageous
Johnwayne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Aine » 17 Mar 2020, 06:46

flyfinator wrote:

Dude please....the so called whining doesnt come from ignorance playing the game, but experience in the genre. Whining and discussion makes games better! You have your opinion...

Don't you know that Learn To Play is a legitimate argument?
Aine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Arkadus » 21 Apr 2020, 02:07

Aine wrote:
flyfinator wrote:

Don't you know that Learn To Play is a legitimate argument?

Asking Dev's to lower some prices and iron out some kinks have nothing to do with learning to play the game. Playing for additional deck slots is asinine. And with PVP, I can grind 30+ spots only to match-up against a guy that logs on everyday at same time and kills me in 4 turns every. single. time. All that climbing I do is useless, because I'm a new player with 2 leg/3 rare/ uncommon deck facing a player with diamond and leg elite soviet planes that amasses an unstoppable force in 4 turns while I foolishly spam my "1st street infantry" card because it's the best thing I have at my current level.

So it's not whining it helping dev's to iron out the game to make sure that it's attractive to veterans and new players alike.
P.S. Charging $13.00 for one legendary is too much.period.
Arkadus
Private
Private

Postby flyfinator » 21 Apr 2020, 07:21

OFc 13$ is too much :) u can buy whole decent games on steam for less money, and play hundred of hours for your bucks. And if u manage to survive 4 turns vs top players good for you sir! I'm being matched vs players with 2300 more rating than me! 2 turns "GG".
flyfinator
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Dicksharpe » 21 Apr 2020, 10:29

Ok so for what it's worth here's an idea for something new in PvP, please read and give thoughts if you like!
Newer players if you don't contribute to the discussion things will never change ;)
PROPOSAL FOR GAME MODIFICATIONS/EXPANSION

1) ASSUMPTIONS

· The core in-game economy must not be disrupted

· The fundamental existing structure of the game should remain intact

· The investment in time/money by experienced players should not be diminished

· The effort required by developers should not be too great

· Players at each level should benefit

· It should be structured to minimize frustration and increase player interest

2) MODIFICATION OF PVP SYSTEM

The individual PVP system of live player games is one of the best aspects of the game. Deck building, skillful play of the deck, and some element of random luck determine the outcome of the games. The capability to have an AI match available to avoid unlimited time in the queue is a good capability. However, there are presently two areas where improvement is possible:

· Too great a separation in deck strength, this is especially true in the diamond league. There are games where over 2000 points exist between the competitors. This results in frustration as one party has essentially 0% chance to win. This could lead people to leave the game, or simply give up PVP play.

· Availability of a match within a reasonable point spread of the player.

Two possible improvements are offered for consideration. I do not believe either of these changes would require much code to implement. Some number of lines in the algo to make a match. And modest User Interface changes in the PVP, Ranking and League Rewards Screens.

· Increase the number of leagues from 3 to 5 or 7

· Consider having players play an AI opponent who will be equipped with the same deck as the player. Not every time, but some of the time

3) ADDITION OF A NEW MODE OF PLAY: STAGED DECK PVP

As a relatively new player, it is clear to me that a central concept of this game is player involvement and development. Without a robust player base, the game is diminished. This is true both for players and the developers. The ability of new players to see a pathway for development is vital to retaining their interest in this game. I was fortunate; I got onto a good platoon. If I was stuck in a weak platoon, I would certainly quit playing and do something else.

The basic concept of this mode of play would be to require knowledge of the 5 factions, and skill in playing their cards. It would not be biased towards more experienced players, other than greater knowledge and skill.

Play would be based on developer provided decks: as raids and missions currently do. So this concept is not new to the game. It is new to PVP play.

From a player standpoint, it would be very interesting to have to play all the factions and to play a mode where skill was more important than the strength of your deck.

From a developer standpoint, it should help stimulate interest in the game, and provide a testing platform for live trials of new cards.

From a newer player standpoint, it could provide a path for development through a reward system.

STAGED PVP CONCEPTS

· OPTION: Require a daily duty: 5 standard PVPs: win or lose to unlock this mode of play

· Like Missions: pay a fee in gold for each match

· Like Raids: a weekly reward system

· Like Mission: a monthly ladder reward

DESCRIPTION

Three tiers of Play: Enlisted, Officer, and General

Monthly: Developers make 1 deck for each faction for each Tier (15 Decks total)

TIER 1 :16 COMMON, 10 UNCOMMON, 2 RARE, 2 EPIC

TIER 2: 10 UNCOMMON, 8 RARE, 8 EPIC, 2 EPIC ELITE, 2 LEGENDARY

TIER 3: 10 EPIC, 8 EPIC ELITE, 8 LEGENDARY, 2 LEGENDARY ELITE, 2 DIAMOND

PLAY:

OPTION: Daily duty to unlock the mode of play

FEE to PLAY: 50/100/150 gold for Tier 1/2/3

5 games per day available

Each game played uses a different faction in sequence, 5 factions, 5 games

Each game opponent is a different faction in sequence, 5 factions, 5 games

Games could be live or AI: use the exact same code as now except the player/opponent deck

REWARDS:

Weekly rewards (some minimum # rounds required, maybe 20 of the 35 possible)

Top 10% = general chest, and some number of raid points/gold

10-50% = expansion chest and some number of raid points/gold

50-100% = enlisted chest and some number of raid points/gold

Monthly rewards: maybe similar to the existing PVP system or somewhat smaller

ECONOMY IMPLICATIONS

As structured it will cost players 2100 gold to play all of the possible games (300/day). This cost should eliminate any economic distortions.

By learning the value of cards of differing factions, player interest in acquisition and development should increase. This may tend to slightly increase in-game purchases. You could feature cards in the decks and then offer them in the shop.

SUMMARY

This proposal is offered as a suggestion to improve the game. It would add a new, skill based dynamic mode of play that should be exciting for everyone. It offers newer players on weak platoons a means of getting some raid points so their path forward does not look hopeless. It does not diminish the investment veteran players have made, while offering them a new competitive challenge.

I have also considered the difficulty of implementation. As described, most of this could be implemented using the existing code with a change to the User Interface main page to add a button. And the creation of a new User Interface Page, basically copying the PVP UI page for this mode of play.

Thank you for your consideration of these ideas.
Dicksharpe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby flyfinator » 21 Apr 2020, 10:48

Ok so for what it's worth here's an idea for something new in PvP, please read and give thoughts if you like!
Newer players if you don't contribute to the discussion things will never change ;)
PROPOSAL FOR GAME MODIFICATIONS/EXPANSION

Well that is some doctorate level of thoughs and consideration, my friend!!! I dont think the devs had such discussion and planning to do, since launch of the game!!! I will read it carefully( all of it) later, just write this to applaude you for your time that u gave to structire some ideas for the devs to swallow. Kudos :)
flyfinator
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Dicksharpe » 21 Apr 2020, 14:40

Hehe is mostly Marks work ;)
Dicksharpe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Ace1 » 21 Apr 2020, 21:15

DS, I think you should make your post in a seperate discussion. You bring up a lot of good points and I hope the devs see it here on an already existing thread if you don't make a new one.
Ace1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion