Spying vs abilities

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Spying vs abilities

Postby Dugrim » 19 Oct 2014, 21:31

hello,
I had a game when my opponent (Aubrey) played courageous division and nullified my mans lvl 2 with Marshall baton.
Next turn I upgraded it but blitzkrieg didn't work: maus was blocked.
The icon on the unit was present.
I played on my iPad.
Let me know if you need more information.

Dugrim
We are strong, we are patient, we'll win.
Dugrim
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 18:16

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby nAFAI » 20 Oct 2014, 09:57

Hey Dugrim,

We have been taking a look at this issue and we indeed encounter a bug in that specific situation. It will be fixed on next update.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for the inconveniences!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 834
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 16:17

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby Assassin » 23 Oct 2014, 10:34

I don't know if it is the same bug...it is similar, but in reverse...

Used spying against Rommel at major level.
The abbility icons all disappeared on the card...BUT when Rommel attacked it was unblockable...no upgrade, no icon...it simply used blitzkrieg effect...
I think it is not supposed to be like this...

It was against the AI...level 140.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby Assassin » 24 Oct 2014, 11:18

It happened again...

I think only blitzkrieg is affected...spying removes all abilities in Rommel EXCEPT blitzkrieg...but the lightning icon disappears...

This would be important in PVP...particullary if also happening with other units like Panther, Lehr or such...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby nAFAI » 24 Oct 2014, 14:14

Does this happened to you at Rommel max level?

Bear in mind that Blitzkrieg is an special ability similar to Flag Rising, meaning that the ability itself "casts" the effect on the card so although you are able to remove the ability you are not removing the effect already casted on the card (like flag rising).

I understand that this is not very user friendly so we will have a look at what can be done from our side.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 834
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 16:17

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby Assassin » 24 Oct 2014, 15:03

nAFAI wrote:Does this happened to you at Rommel max level?

Bear in mind that Blitzkrieg is an special ability similar to Flag Rising, meaning that the ability itself "casts" the effect on the card so although you are able to remove the ability you are not removing the effect already casted on the card (like flag rising).

I understand that this is not very user friendly so we will have a look at what can be done from our side.

Cheers!

No...Major level.

I don't quite understand...Blitz is part of Rommel...not external and can't be cast on another unit...and has a lightning bolt in the card to simbolize this.
Flying units lose flying...Rommel loses its other abbilities...so Rommel should lose Blitz...as far as i see it.
And worse...eliminating the symbol (the lightning bolt) and maintaining the effect is not intuitive...

And the original point in this thread is not similar?...it is also blitzkrieg...trough marshall baton...and disappears...

Anyhow...rules are rules...as far as equal to all...just need to understand them
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby nAFAI » 24 Oct 2014, 15:14

Assassin wrote:
nAFAI wrote:Does this happened to you at Rommel max level?

Bear in mind that Blitzkrieg is an special ability similar to Flag Rising, meaning that the ability itself "casts" the effect on the card so although you are able to remove the ability you are not removing the effect already casted on the card (like flag rising).

I understand that this is not very user friendly so we will have a look at what can be done from our side.

Cheers!

No...Major level.

I don't quite understand...Blitz is part of Rommel...not external and can't be cast on another unit...and has a lightning bolt in the card to simbolize this.
Flying units lose flying...Rommel loses its other abbilities...so Rommel should lose Blitz...as far as i see it.
And worse...eliminating the symbol (the lightning bolt) and maintaining the effect is not intuitive...

And the original point in this thread is not similar?...it is also blitzkrieg...trough marshall baton...and disappears...

Anyhow...rules are rules...as far as equal to all...just need to understand them


The problem is that there are certain specific abilities that work differently from the rest of abilities we can call them "Special Abilities" those ones even if they are always present in the Unit, they cast an "effect" on those units, and that's exactly what is causing the confussion as you point out.

I agree it's nor ideal or intuitive so we will work around that to make it easier to understand!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 834
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 16:17

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby Assassin » 25 Nov 2014, 22:00

nAFAI wrote:The problem is that there are certain specific abilities that work differently from the rest of abilities we can call them "Special Abilities" those ones even if they are always present in the Unit, they cast an "effect" on those units, and that's exactly what is causing the confussion as you point out.

I agree it's nor ideal or intuitive so we will work around that to make it easier to understand!

Sorry to insist...but i would appreciate a clarification...there are some bugs and some features...and i would like to know what is supposed to happen.

ASSUMING NO BUGS:
Biltzkrieg card lasts only one turn...it is the only type of blitzkrieg that is temporary.
Units with Blitzkrieg will NEVER lose the ability...
Units which receive Marshal Baton will always have blitzkrieg from then on...even it marshal baton is destroyed (when destroyed only the defense bonus disapears)
In this last case...what happens if marshal baton is destroyed and the unit is upgraded?

Am i wrong on any of the above?
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby DaemonSultan » 26 Nov 2014, 11:26

As I understand, A unit ability, Blitzkrieg is "casted" (showing a crosshair) on the unit when ETB and lasts permanently. An order Blitzkrieg is also casted on a /all unit/s, but lasts only one turn.
It's similar to flag raising, which is casted too and cannot be spyed.
On the contrary, Ability of Marshall Baton, Blitzkrieg is not a casted effect but an ability, so it can be spyed. (which is somewhat weird and inconsistent).
So I think Marshall Baton has very wierd mechanism on "giving" Blitzkrieg effect.
Last edited by DaemonSultan on 26 Nov 2014, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary? You mean Imaginary.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 130
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 14:56
Location: Seoul, South Korea.

Re: Spying vs abilities

Postby young » 26 Nov 2014, 16:11

So the Blitzkrieg in a unit which has this ability cannot be removed by spying. And the Blitzkrieg from Marshal Baton can be removed by spying. Am I correct?
young
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 18:51
Location: UK

Next

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron