Additional nationalities

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Additional nationalities

Postby Johnwayne » 07 Mar 2020, 03:48

I haven’t seen this topic in quite some time so I though I’d raise it on here again. At this point it would take a long time to make another faction competitive; however, the addition of cards from other powers in ww2 that can be played appropriately with existing factions would br exciting. Some suggestions would be Italian, French, China, Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Some of these may be added to more than 1 factions deck (hint). I would make these the most famous or significant contribution from these other belligerents.
Johnwayne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Additional nationalities

Postby Dicksharpe » 07 Mar 2020, 10:18

Yeah that's a good idea John!
Dicksharpe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mtormo » 09 Mar 2020, 09:36

Hello,

While adding an entire faction similar to the current ones (amount of cards) is something that we don't intend to do, adding cards from other faction to existing ones would be feasible. We're still not know how to implement them as we discussed several possibilities such as these cards have two "factions", the main one and the original one.

This is something that we want to explore in the near future so any feedback about them is always appreciate.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 09 Mar 2020, 14:02

You could make a "folder" named "Minor Nations" or a couple named "Minor Allied" and "Minor Axis"...

And the put a set of cards like French, Australian, Canadian, Chinese, Polish (Allied) and Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Spanish? (Axis) on those folders.

The tough decisions would be the possible iteraction with existing nations...i.e. Buff to german units also applies to Italian (and so on)? If you go with "no" then it is easier to implement...BUT cards would have to be "special" to be useful...as they would not get sinergies...
You can also add the sinergies...i.e. all buffs to german apply to Italian...not sure if it makes sense...(and it isnt in the descriptions)

As an example...Italy had the "Ariete" division that fought in North Africa alongside german troops...and history says it managed reasonably well...also Spanish had the "Blue Division".
Problem is these units "should" not be too decisive...as they weren't so much...BUT would be fun to add them...so perhaps with some "interesting" but not "overpowered" abilities/combos...
Some interesting stuff would be "Char B1", "Maquis", "X Mas Flotilla", "Sm79", French and Italian warships, Australian and Canadian divisions...perhaps more stuff i am not recalling...

Also...if you try to find VEHICLES, no nation has much beyond midwar...so hardly possible to make a full tree out of any of them...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby mtormo » 10 Mar 2020, 09:00

Hello,

From our point of view, if cards from other nations don't get buffs from the major faction, would be really difficult to include them on the decks, usually a card from the main faction will perform better any function. We're still exploring different possibilities such as giving them the "tag" Allied/Axis or make them "affiliated" to just one main faction.

Right now, there's nothing final but we want to be really careful to add these kind of cards to avoid making the mistakes from the past when we introduced new type of cards.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 22 May 2020, 09:48

mtormo wrote:From our point of view, if cards from other nations don't get buffs from the major faction, would be really difficult to include them on the decks, usually a card from the main faction will perform better any function. We're still exploring different possibilities such as giving them the "tag" Allied/Axis or make them "affiliated" to just one main faction.

Well...then simple solution...the affiliated concept might work. For instance italian cards would be "german" in all but the name, sharing all buffs and so forth...
You could add some special abbility (unique to them) but make its effects apply to german cards (and vice versa).
Advantage is the influx of new historical cards (Italy has some nice units, planes and ships)...and porbably nations would be good as "marketing" with players from those countries.

As a side suggestions...nations affiliations...
German-Italy, Hungary, Romania, Finland...even a couple Spanish cards if you want (Division Azul ;) )
Britain-Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, South Africa...perhaps a couple Polish cards?
Usa-France
Some other "random" who i recall had combat units in ww2 would be Belgium, Norway, Netherlands, Greece, Czech Republic, Brazil and China ;)
But i see no real way to affiliate either with Russia or Japan...Poland, Finland and Hungary did change sides and fought "for" Russia for a little time...but much more time AGAINST Russia...
Japan i think had no friends ;)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Discussion