Feb 10th Update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Feb 10th Update

Postby Dicksharpe » 13 Feb 2020, 17:29

Hehe ok! ;)

Let me know who finishes top of PvP ladder this season.
Dicksharpe
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby chuck » 13 Feb 2020, 17:32

Dicksharpe wrote:Hehe ok! ;)

Let me know who finishes top of PvP ladder this season.

It is also about activity ;) There are many players who could be 1st if they would play more.
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby chuck » 13 Feb 2020, 17:48

Dicksharpe wrote:I know players who won't play bulge because they find to too difficult.

Maybe when they met Bulge fot the 1st time, they told you. But now they are doing 99% of win :)

It is the one place where players who choose to spend real money have a huge advantage over those that don't!

From missions to pvp, ok...a bit out of topic, but why not. There what would you like to have? To have everything for free? With no profit for developers? In every game paying players have advantages. Also players who are longer in game have advantages. It is simply so. Even i don't agree with this money policy in games. I didn't make it so.
So what you want? You want all free, the best rewards in missions and to have competitive pvp for not paying players against paying players? It sounds like that. Also sounds like a big nonsense. :)
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Dicksharpe » 13 Feb 2020, 20:41

U right most games work like that, no problem from me if players spend money.

But still it makes top of PvP ladder unbalanced ;)

I don't want anything for free! I know how life works mate, u must earn what u get :D But as said before the chance to get certain cards from missions is very.....very........very low, and even in my time playing has got worse.

What is being said in this thread is fact that Singapore mission and rewards where very much liked by all players (apart from u apparently! ;) ) The change in this update just seems a backward step by Devs, that has confused and annoyed many players. Ur support of Devs choice just seems strange, why wouldn't u want all players to be able to benefit from better rewards?
Dicksharpe
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby chuck » 14 Feb 2020, 08:43

Dicksharpe wrote:Ur support of Devs choice just seems strange, why wouldn't u want all players to be able to benefit from better rewards?

I'm not supporting anybody in this topic. As i told manytimes in my previous posts. Harder mission better rewards, easy mission lower rewards. There are big differencies between "Hard" difficulty of missions. Hard Stalingrad is too far to hard Bulge. Also would be nice to check and "repair" if there are too much easy missions (like ultra easy Bulge) or some too hard ones. Posts of all missions players are only from one sight written, only better rewards in missions. Only Pieter wrote about better chests rarity, which should be for sure. But about too easy Bulge no word. When you forgot it, than i'm telling it. All players want game balanced and you all know that Bulge is too much easy.
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mtormo » 14 Feb 2020, 09:12

Hello,

First of all, thanks everyone for sharing they thoughts, this is really important to us. After the last update, our priority right now is the Historical Missions. With your current feedback and some other features that we want to add you can expect the following for Historical Missions:

Difficulties
  • Easy Difficulty = Learn Phase, easy way to gain some gold and learn the Historical Mission.
  • Medium Difficulty = Difficulty raises and a small fee to get back several cards.
  • Hard Difficulty = The objective for all players, "higher" difficulty means "higher" reward. We're focusing more on quality (epic, legendary,...) than quantity for the rewards.
  • Expert Difficulty = New "difficulty", a real challenge with specific rewards, something new!.

Rewards
Making all rewards the same would be the easiest way, we believe that the rewards should differ between Missions but not the value. We'll focus to maintain the same "quality" of rewards for all the H. Missions while they look a bit different (such as faction/edition guaranteed card). About the epic reward, we heard you loud and clear and this is something that we'll take into consideration for all Historical Missions.

Special Rewards
While we have not taken any final decision here, we love to keep specific rewards for some Historical Missions and keep them interesting even if you get the specific card rewards (higher selling value for golds or raid points, moving exclusive rewards to higher difficulty,...)

Expert Difficulty & Historical Missions Improvements
We want to add an extra difficulty not only for giving something new to the veteran players but to make the Historical Missions more relevant to get new cards. With the "experimental" feature in mind, we can add some new cards that you'll be able to create/improve by using specific cards from Historical Missions. This point is still in discussion, we're looking on different ways to implement new cards, specially on how to add new infantries that can be "swapped/changed" with items similar to experimental cards.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 14 Feb 2020, 10:37

mtormo wrote:Special Rewards
While we have not taken any final decision here, we love to keep specific rewards for some Historical Missions and keep them interesting even if you get the specific card rewards (higher selling value for golds or raid points, moving exclusive rewards to higher difficulty,...)

As you heard "loud and clear" i wont insist on the "epics" issue. :D

As to this point above...to be honest, i liked that you had to play Gazala to get specific card rewards for that. I actually prefer that special reward cards are on INDIVIDUAL objectives...and not in platoon tasks.

The issues for your consideration...
1) Some players said it was too hard to get Ramcke...i recall it requiring lots of missions...but if they are fun and "profitable" i am ok with that (see 2) below)

2) The mission was economically negative...it was the only HARD mission where you would LOSE gold even if you won and sold the cards. So it would require much more gold to play...not sure if deliberate.

3) And the usual question...dont overdo the difficulty...it is still odd to me that mission difficulty is apparently so hard to balance...Bulge is indeed very easy right now, and was a bit too hard before...Stalingrad "fix" was apparently irrelevant in my view...so i am a bit wary of this...you guys seem to be able to create a complicated mission, and dont seem to fully grasp the difficulty of it...

NOTE: Stalingrad issue is NOT the health. It is when the AI gets Maus+Equip OR a continuous stream of Bradenburgers, sometimes BOTH things...health is a minor issue and also not a real fix.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pieterr » 14 Feb 2020, 12:54

I d like to share my idea before this next update is set into motion.

1. Extra difficulty in historical missions
I think you could save yourselves a lot of time. I don't feel that this is necessary. It s about the rewards that need to be changed. Players want to have a guaranteed epic card or higher for completing a hard mission. Instead of redoing the entire historical missions section, you could (for example) lower the gold which is rewarded if this creates more room to add a better chance for a better chest.

2. The shop
As it is for now, you have a very limited amount of cards for sale in your shop, which is bad for your business.
Personally, I feel that every card should be available for money and/or gold.
Gold is a currency that players will run out of. Players earn gold by pvp, selling cards, easy missions, campaign, raids.
Still, it ll take a lot of time to get all the cards required for crafting and to create a deck which a player is after.
In your shop, you sell all the cards and gold for money. If a player wishes to speed things up a bit.
Overall, it s good for your business, it s good for pvp, it will be good for the game. (This is my opinion).

3. The weekly competition amongst platoons
Totally insane as it is now, if you ask me. Platoons that ll pay money to finish the raids only have a chance to end up in the top 3. Besides, these are the platoons that have the most veteran players in it. In short, this only widenes up the gap further between veteran players and new players. Instead set markers like you did in the PvP section.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Johnwayne » 14 Feb 2020, 22:48

I’m going to agree with pieter on 2/3

1. I’m interested in this extra hard mission. I don’t play missions much now but I think this new difficulty with better reward may be worth the time to me.
2. More cards for sale sounds good. Not as good as auctions or trading though.
3. Other than midway I never heard anyone say they enjoyed raiding. It’s a grind to get the bp and to not get kicked out of platoon. I don’t think it’s possible to finish the individual nor platoon raids without spending money in any platoon. Some of the raids are so awful I dread playing them.

Like the Meatloaf song 2 out of 3 ain’t bad
Johnwayne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 17 Feb 2020, 08:59

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, we're still on the early stages an any feedback given is really useful about how to proceed, at the end we want to make the Historical Missions worth for all players while adding something new (and new cards) to the game.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion