Feb 10th Update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Feb 10th Update

Postby Iluvatar » 13 Feb 2020, 02:15

I have no problem with the difficulty of any of the missions. All I want is honest communication that when a change is made, players are told.

I don't think that's too much to ask.
Iluvatar
Private
Private

Postby halev » 13 Feb 2020, 05:15

I’ll insert my 5 cents. A guaranteed epic card with a certain percentage of receiving the legendary card for completing a complex historical mission should become the norm. If you think this is too chic, then look at the above calculations. Another question about the complexity of missions. Difficult or easy to complete the mission is all relative. It may be easy for me to go through Stalingrad, but it is difficult Day D. For someone else. And all this can change over time, because I will get some experience and ask how best to play with other players. Therefore, this should be adjusted according to the statistics that the developers have. Perhaps you need to determine what percentage of victories can be considered normal for complex missions. I think that this is somewhere in the region of 70% of the winnings of the total number of missions played.
¡No pasarán!
halev
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Pieterr » 13 Feb 2020, 11:16

@Chuck: This post is not a complain about the goldrewards granted for beating a hard mission. Nobody here is asking for that.
Nobody is assuming that all missions need to be as easy as Bulge either.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby chuck » 13 Feb 2020, 12:47

Yep, it is about missions rewards. And i said when mission is easy, than reward should be lower. When mission is hard than reward should be better. And rewards from missions are: gold, points and cards. There are differences between each missions (i'm talking about hard difficulty only) If there is super easy Bulge, than rewards should be lower than for example from Stalingrad mission.
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 13 Feb 2020, 12:48

Pieterr wrote:@Chuck: This post is not a complain about the goldrewards granted for beating a hard mission. Nobody here is asking for that.
Nobody is assuming that all missions need to be as easy as Bulge either.

chuck wrote:I don't understand what more you would want? Every win in hard mission gives you some spent gold back to you, pack of some cards and 600pts (when week bonus 900pts which is tripled in comparison to pvp win!!).
(...)

I also think this is a different issue...nobody mentioned the POINTS of missions. This was discussed MONTHS ago...and i think i was in favor of PVP have more relative value.

In THIS TOPIC my point is different. I play this game FOR THE CARDS. The fun is using NEW CARDS, not the rank, points or platoons...
SO...i think MISSIONS should be a way to get cards from older packs...and one Guranteed Epic is not too much to ask, IMHO. MOST PLAYERS (me included) still are missing dozens of Epics from past editions...

I had no idea missions are not popular in ICU, just realized that after i saw your post (checked the ranks)...so perhaps this sounds bad to you. But it was NOT INTENTIONAL and not aimed at that. I ASSUMED all players used missions as a way to get cards. I PERSONALLY still play a lot of PVP...but since game start i use missions as my main source of cards...

Side note. If mission rewards are too low, players that like missions will play EVEN MORE missions to get the cards...at least it is what i am doing...as to mission difficulty...check here (posted BEFORE your post):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2089&start=10
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby chuck » 13 Feb 2020, 13:00

You think all missions should have the same rewards? Hard or easy, nevermind, all the same rewards, right? :D Also everytime when you see some overpowered card or something unbalanced you post it here, Assa. Comment everything.
But you find Bulge like balanced? Everything is ok? Hard mission where you can't lose. :D Probably Ok for you..

..and topic is not about ICU, don't bring it here.
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 13 Feb 2020, 13:08

chuck wrote:You think all missions should have the same rewards? Hard or easy, nevermind, all the same rewards, right? :D Also everytime when you see some overpowered card or something unbalanced you post it here, Assa. Comment everything.
But you find Bulge like balanced? Everything is ok? Hard mission where you can't lose. :D Probably Ok for you..

Pls see link above...again i posted that BEFORE your initial post here

In SHORT...

Devs could have an EXPERT level with better rewards.
Singapore is already hard enough, so should become EXPERT and give the previous rewards
Bulge is too Easy...so make a Harder version with better rewards
Etc...
If you prefer...you can keep the HARD/MEDIUM/EASY tags...MEDIUM is not much used anyway...but same concept.

Yes...i comment everything...i believe i am trying to improve the game...you (or others) may disagree...so please comment also. We don't have to agree...but i believe improvement comes from discussion...even if i eventually don't like the improvement...

AGAIN...my idea is for EPIC (and LEGENDARY) cards to be a bit easier to get, as their numbers increase faster than players get. I focus on missions as it is the issue HERE...but happy to get them from PVP or whatever...
I am focusing on FREE CARDS, yes...not sure if this is the issue...?
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby chuck » 13 Feb 2020, 13:19

I have nothing against your commenting. But always should be said all. And when something is missing, than i add it. :) As now i'm doing it with difficulty of super easy Bulge. Only let to know to everybody who forgot to inform how this is unbalanced mission.
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Dicksharpe » 13 Feb 2020, 14:54

Missions unbalanced!

I know players who won't play bulge because they find to too difficult. I do agree though that once mastered it is one of the easiest missions.

The real unbalanced issue is PvP. It is the one place where players who choose to spend real money have a huge advantage over those that don't! The very strongest cards in PvP are only available to those that buy them.
As it is now the players that spend get the best rewards the game has to offer, even if only once a month. And as soon as an easily available strong card like Astoria becomes meta, it is complained about until changed!
I understand it's a business (which btw is advertised as free to play, but should also state, not free to win) and players have the choice, but if PvP ladder is a place that gives spenders advantage, then surely missions are a way for other players to still find some FUN in the game?

If players keep getting 2-3 copies of a worthless card in one reward chest, or the same unusable epic time and time again, they will soon stop having fun!......and then stop playing.
Dicksharpe
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Super! » 13 Feb 2020, 15:46

Dicksharpe wrote:Missions unbalanced!

I know players who won't play bulge because they find to too difficult. I do agree though that once mastered it is one of the easiest missions.

The real unbalanced issue is PvP. It is the one place where players who choose to spend real money have a huge advantage over those that don't! The very strongest cards in PvP are only available to those that buy them.

Error 404: Valid argument not found!
This is bullshit, take Assassin for example, he is always on top of the pvp ladder but he claims to be a free player, same goes for Stalin and many others!
Me myself even though i havent played much pvp lately, have a 55K deck and i have not bought a single card!
Have a great day.

Regards
Super!
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion