New Expansion - Information

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

New Expansion - Information

Postby mtormo » 02 Oct 2019, 08:06

Hello,

We're still on the last stages of the development but we can share some information. We've focused on gameplay for this expansion and the most important points are:
    - Structures have received a huge improvement with the addition of "Protector" ability. Protector gives the ability to ALWAYS block opponent cards.
    - Several "old" cards have gained "Protector" ability and the "Fortification" ability now has the Protector ability added to it.
    - Healing abilities such as "Medical Research Care" will now "restore" abilities too.
    - Conditional abilities: Some abilities now require to meet a criteria to unlock it.
    - New "sub-classes": Tanks have the "Factory cards", Planes have the "Hangar cards" and Ship has the "Shipyard cards". These cards have lesser stats but they can freely equip items in tier 1. (also they have some synergies with new abilities)
    - The Spy ability becomes "universal" and several cards of all factions have this ability.
    - 120+ New Cards.

Some unused legendaries have received several improvements.
    T28 Super Heavy Tank
    T-100-Z
    Saburo Sakai
    David Mccampbell
    Tadamachi
    Great Gustav
    Paratrooper
    Food Rations
    Tower Defense
The following cards have new craft cards:
    T-100-Z
    Propaganda
    Spying
    8.8 CM Pak 43
    Medical Equipment
    Barbed Wire
    Ishikawajima
    Type 1 Ho-Ha
    13th Armored Group
    Brummar
    USS Fletcher
    Haruna
    Avert
    Vainamoinen
    IJN-52
    Soviet 1st Guards Brigade
    Hells on Wheels
    H.Q.
    Communication Dvice
    Brigade Group
    Stone Division
    4th Army
    2nd Mechanized Corps
    1st Tank Battalion
    4th Infantry “Ivy”
    Jagdgeschawader

Balance changes are still on testing and we'll inform you about it on the near future. About other features such as new raids and dungeons we'll pos it when we do the "full expansion announcement".

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: New Expansion - Information

Postby Dicksharpe » 02 Oct 2019, 08:47

Dungeons!!! :D
Dicksharpe
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 02 Oct 2019, 12:01

Protector sounds interesting, however i am not sure it will solve the structures problem. Main issue with structures is they lose their purpose if spyed...and become a near-useless block.

Restoring abilities is a potential major change. It could be used to make structures more interesting. It should be noted that is also amplifies abilities. One usual counter to strong abilities is to spy the fully upgraded unit. The capability to recover it while maintaining its fully upgraded status would be a strong one.

The conditional abilities sounded "odd"...curious on what this means...

Couple extra questions...
Will this upgrade add a new TYPE of expansion (lile Sealords)...or add cards to the existing ones?
(i would prefer extra cards to existing expansions, already hard to decide which type of deck to improve)
Any balance expected on Missions? Bulge (and Stalingrad) still feel a bit odd...as the AI sometimes is unstoppable...they are playable yes, but often annoying when AI gets a way above average draw...

EDIT:
I am not sure which stat says David macampbell is UNUSED...i see it a lot. The issue is it is not worth upgrading into Elite status...is this what will be changed? Or the basic Legendary card...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby ajaxv2 » 02 Oct 2019, 19:02

As alternate versions of cards are created (Dambusters 1 vs Dambusters 2, and country-specific medals, etc), I would love to see an option to AWARD them instead of crafting another mutually-exclusive copy of a card. I know the awarded cards haven't been used as much as hoped, but with the battle pass cards (season XX cards), you can't have two diamonds in the same deck, so why not be able to switch back and forth?

Short summary:
1) Cards with multiple versions should be able to be awarded, instead of having to craft them both.
2) You should be able to go back and forth between the cards (whether for a 1000 gold cost, or for free)

To Assassin's point, I'd rather see a new expansion so I can focus on purchasing new cards without risking getting old cards from expansions I already have.

Last, with a new expansion, now is the perfect time to consolidate blueprints into two categories: basic (400) and expanded (600). Then fewer fools like me will have to email you asking for a refund because we purchased the wrong blueprints. ;)
ajaxv2
Private
Private

Postby mtormo » 03 Oct 2019, 07:47

Hello,

Will this upgrade add a new TYPE of expansion (lile Sealords)...or add cards to the existing ones?

No, they're like a "tag" for some cards, a tank will have the "factory" tank but will remain as tank too.

I am not sure which stat says David macampbell is UNUSED...i see it a lot. The issue is it is not worth upgrading into Elite status...is this what will be changed? Or the basic Legendary card..

Maybe "unused" is not the perfect word for all legendaries and I should say "outdated", but some of them required some changes to be more competitive in all rarities.

Any balance expected on Missions? Bulge (and Stalingrad) still feel a bit odd...as the AI sometimes is unstoppable...they are playable yes, but often annoying when AI gets a way above average draw...

Mission Bulge is in a good spot (good win-ratio) and we want to do some slightly changes for Stalingrad/D-Day (IA's deck) and Op. Citadel (IA's Health)

To Assassin's point, I'd rather see a new expansion so I can focus on purchasing new cards without risking getting old cards from expansions I already have.

All cards are from a new expansion but we "changed" some of the old cards that we believe that they should be addressed such as "fortification" cards.

2) You should be able to go back and forth between the cards (whether for a 1000 gold cost, or for free)

This is a suggestion that we may consider, probably not for this expansion. Award and "Medal" cards were an addition of the game that we liked but we believe there's more potential to it, probably something to expand in the near future.

Last, with a new expansion, now is the perfect time to consolidate blueprints into two categories: basic (400) and expanded (600).

This is something that we consider when we "merged" the factions but we were against it. We prefer to have all expansion with different blueprints so we can adjust the rewards.
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 03 Oct 2019, 14:52

mtormo wrote:

This is a suggestion that we may consider, probably not for this expansion. Award and "Medal" cards were an addition of the game that we liked but we believe there's more potential to it, probably something to expand in the near future.

The ability to change from different versions would be welcome by all players...and with a moderate cost (the 1000 gold for instance) it would not be abused...
The AWARD mechanic works ok for some cards...just needed to add it to other cards. Also nice to make it be bidirectional...(i.e. be able to change back)

Side note...you REMEMBER there are TWO versions of DIAMOND Tamanskaya unit with DIFFERENT abilities, right?
This is supposed to be fixed on next update (as it is confusing)...in the meantime i crafted one and will be annoyed if it is "lost" or "devaluated"...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 04 Oct 2019, 07:41

Hello,

Side note...you REMEMBER there are TWO versions of DIAMOND Tamanskaya unit with DIFFERENT abilities, right?

The "second" Tamanskaya (it was just a card using the name/art of Tamanskaya) has been changed to a new card with a new name/art (4th Shock Army) that can be obtained (the non-crafted version) in the new expansion. If you have the previous diamond version, the card will be automatically updated to the new diamond version with the corresponding art/name.

The ability to change from different versions would be welcome by all players...and with a moderate cost (the 1000 gold for instance) it would not be abused...

This is something that we talked about and it's something that we can add after launching the expansion, we don't want to delay the expansion too much and we prefer to push it after the launch. If we create the option to do it, we want to make it really easy to "swap" between cards.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Greatgood » 04 Oct 2019, 16:24

The "second" Tamanskaya (it was just a card using the name/art of Tamanskaya) has been changed to a new card with a new name/art (4th Shock Army) that can be obtained (the non-crafted version) in the new expansion. If you have the previous diamond version, the card will be automatically updated to the new diamond version with the corresponding art/name.

Hello, I have two questions:
1. The new card "4th shock army"(non-crafted version) will be which rarity ? uncommon ? rare? epic ?

2. In this update, there will be diamond version Avert or just elite Avert?

Thanks!
Greatgood
Private
Private

Postby mtormo » 07 Oct 2019, 08:41

1. The new card "4th shock army"(non-crafted version) will be which rarity ? uncommon ? rare? epic ?

Starts at Epic rarity and has both Epic Elite version and Diamond version (obviously).

2. In this update, there will be diamond version Avert or just elite Avert?

Diamond.
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby gusgus78 » 11 Oct 2019, 10:41

mtormo wrote:...It'll be fixed for the expansion, we'll announce it this week...

Will be possible to know the complete announce today?

Greetings!
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Next

Return to General Discussion