Historical Missions Update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Historical Missions Update

Postby Aine » 12 Oct 2019, 09:04

Jesus Christ, missions are ugly.

I don't know why I always fall into the trap of playing Iwo Jima, but I swear to Baal, this was the very last time.
Could you redesign the mission, please? It's annoying enough to play against airplanes-based deck while having limited tools to deal with them, and the Calliope unit is simply absurd, but what makes this mission a real joke is Flag Raising. Like if it wasn't enough that you cannot block a flying, double strike, deal-3-on-upkeep monstrosity, now you even cannot kill it with the few cards that can actually touch the damned thing?
For all that is holy, do something about this mission, it's such a stupid design, I can't even.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 13 Oct 2019, 12:56

Aine wrote:Jesus Christ, missions are ugly.

I don't know why I always fall into the trap of playing Iwo Jima, but I swear to Baal, this was the very last time.
Could you redesign the mission, please? It's annoying enough to play against airplanes-based deck while having limited tools to deal with them, and the Calliope unit is simply absurd, but what makes this mission a real joke is Flag Raising. Like if it wasn't enough that you cannot block a flying, double strike, deal-3-on-upkeep monstrosity, now you even cannot kill it with the few cards that can actually touch the damned thing?
For all that is holy, do something about this mission, it's such a stupid design, I can't even.

Disagree

Iwo is the best of the original missions and a good one to get nice rewards from the original set...

In my case it is the one with best win ratios...and the new AI actually helps in this case...as it now uses less mortars and calliopes...
You need to be ready for the epics and hell's angels...usual tactic is praying for the spy infantry ;)

Sorry to disagree...but I would miss this mission...
Any change that makes it easier is welcome...just don't break it!
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Super! » 13 Oct 2019, 14:36

Assassin wrote:
Aine wrote:Jesus Christ, missions are ugly.

Disagree

Iwo is the best of the original missions and a good one to get nice rewards from the original set...

In my case it is the one with best win ratios...and the new AI actually helps in this case...as it now uses less mortars and calliopes...
You need to be ready for the epics and hell's angels...usual tactic is praying for the spy infantry ;)

Sorry to disagree...but I would miss this mission...
Any change that makes it easier is welcome...just don't break it!

Totally agree with Assa here, IWO is the most original mission so far, where u have to plan your strategy to survive, and u cant rely on luck!

kind regards
Super!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aine » 14 Oct 2019, 17:54

Super! wrote:
Totally agree with Assa here, IWO is the most original mission so far, where u have to plan your strategy to survive, and u cant rely on luck!

kind regards

Please, stop quoting Assasin, what's the point of putting someone on the ignore list when other ppl repost his posts?

Iwo Jima is original, I give it to you, but it's absolutely a luck-based mission. There's very little to plan about, because most of what you've done becomes utterly pointless once the AI plays an MG airplane that you cannot get rid of immediatelly. (Sherman tanks are similarly annoying, but those can be at least blocked.) Good luck having fun when the AI Flag Raises an Attack=15+ airplane that deals double damage and the only card that can save you is the Spy Infantry yet you fail to draw it.
There's mostly very little to be done about the opposing airplanes, as the destroy target / deal X dmg cards do not forward your position. So you lose ground every time you play one of them, namely coz the AI has 2-6 more APs than you. So it's slowly overwhelming you, while the critical turns when you really need to do something about the situation are unsolvable due to the fact that you rely on one of two cards to stop the Ai from one-shotting you. (Yep, one-shotting is an exaggeration, but when the AI plays Flag R. twice in a row, it's truly just about the luck and nothing else.)

But honestly: whatever. I should just stop playing the mission and the problem will miraculously go away.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 14 Oct 2019, 18:33

@ developers: Have you made some changes to either AI or Gazala structure? It was the last enjoyable mission, but it's absolutely disgusting now.

Also, what's the new way of blocking? I had two of my units standing against two AI units, and one of them weren't blocked, because of the "improved" Opel Blitz; the front unit hit my Opel (that was in the low row), then Montgomery (btw, AI has three of them right?) attacked from the AI back row and it hit me, although there was my front unit standing in its way. If I do remember the yesterday rule, the front units would fight each other, than the back units would fight each other, thus the whole AI attack would be negated. Not anymore, and I lost the mission due to the new rule.

christ, i just wanted to have a bit of fun after a hard day's work, but after spending 20 minutes with WW2 I'm totally pissed.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 15 Oct 2019, 07:52

Hello,

@developers: Have you made some changes to either AI or Gazala structure? It was the last enjoyable mission, but it's absolutely disgusting now.

We didn't change how the AI works or the Mission. (Also the AI in general has not been changed on this expansion)

About the "blocking" rules, they're the same that last expansion, we didn't change anything here.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 15 Oct 2019, 17:00

mtormo wrote:About the "blocking" rules, they're the same that last expansion, we didn't change anything here.

Regards,

Hi! Thanks for the info. It seems to me that the game handles the blocking differently when Opel Blitz is involved. I'll replay Gazala a few times to see if that's so.
When there are two units against two enemy units, the attacks should be in vain, but now the Opel attracts the attack and the second attack goes through as though there was no other unit in line of fire.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 16 Oct 2019, 07:47

Hello,

Opel Blitz (and all units that have fortification) has now the ability "Protector" that can block any opponent unit (even if it has blitz, flight, submarine,...)

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 16 Oct 2019, 18:21

mtormo wrote:Hello,

Opel Blitz (and all units that have fortification) has now the ability "Protector" that can block any opponent unit (even if it has blitz, flight, submarine,...)

Regards,

Problem is when opel is BEHIND another unit...imagine Opel behind Brandenburgers.
If i attack with a single unit it will IGNORE bradenburgers and attack Opel, even if it is BEHIND...and ignore the Brandenburgers IN FRONT...is this correct?

And super above seems to be saying that if two units attack, NEITHER will attack bradenburgers, one will attack opel and the other will go trough and damage player...is this supposed to happen?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Super! » 16 Oct 2019, 18:56

Assassin wrote:
mtormo wrote:Hello,

Regards,

Problem is when opel is BEHIND another unit...imagine Opel behind Brandenburgers.
If i attack with a single unit it will IGNORE bradenburgers and attack Opel, even if it is BEHIND...and ignore the Brandenburgers IN FRONT...is this correct?

And super above seems to be saying that if two units attack, NEITHER will attack bradenburgers, one will attack opel and the other will go trough and damage player...is this supposed to happen?

This is correct Assa, happened to me every time i play a unit with protector
Super!
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion