New PvP System Release

Public Announcements and Media related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: New PvP System Release

Postby Aine » 17 Jun 2019, 04:57

I may have found an issue with the new matchmaking system...

I played 10 games in past 7 days, some against AI, some against AI controlled players and some against players controlled players. I won all of them (not that hard to kill the bot with full diamond/elite deck), and I received some rating. But I won't be playing much more in coming days, I mostly pvp only when I need to play 50 units or when I'm really bored. So my rating (and my 286th player position) won't change a lot, so I'll be in the noobs league, killing new players.

Idk if it's even possible to address this thing somehow, but note that there may be many other players who play the way that I do, who'd be destroying novice players simply because they will never move out of the lower level leagues. I'm not sure if anything could and should be done about this, but it's definitely a thing to consider.

I think that we really miss officially sanctioned formats. But will the ppl play them? Hard to tell, and the formats always fragmentize gaming community. It would be also pretty hard to design proper formats. E.g. some kind of Standard format (common, undommon, and rare cards only, no Legs, no elite, no diamonds) would be noobs-friendly, until the old sharks start to kill them with ultra powerful uncommons-only decks. Moreover such limits would only prevent the new players from using theirnewly acquired legends/elites/etc., so this basically sucks...
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 17 Jun 2019, 07:50

Hello,

Each season, you will climb a bit more so you won't be in the bottom of the league. There's no perfect system and there's always the chance to find a player with a low rating with a powerful deck but this possibility is minimal after few seasons.

We've been reviewing pvp matches during these weeks and we're really happy on the numbers, of course there's some room of improvement, and there was some cases that were not balanced, but most of the problems were caused by the old system.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 17 Jun 2019, 19:04

oh so, then I really missed that! I thought that there will be hard resets!
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby ledballoon » 18 Jun 2019, 00:56

I don't blame u for banning me here for the week or whatever it was if someone came into my forum and pointed out how I was feeding all my new players into a meatgrinder on purpose because I didn't want fair matches , just feed them to my long time vets , I would probably ban them to , sadly for u though everyone can see it isn't any better than the system u had before , like u just have to make sure there are no fair matchups as the few that occur have to be by accident
ledballoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ledballoon » 18 Jun 2019, 01:00

also, you say 1st turn is random I think what you seem to mean is u make sure the same player gets to go 1st every time against certain opponents but then all I have to on for that is the proof while u still say its random
ledballoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Game Announcements