bots in pvp

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

bots in pvp

Postby Raystlin » 26 Apr 2019, 07:41

ok, this starts to be really anoying and i wanna discuss this problem.

about 2/3 - 3/4 of the games (if not more) i played in pvp i was fighting with a bot. i mean come on, this pvp and not pvb (player vs bot). there should be a competition and playing vs ai, which is not even intelligent enough to make the game at least a bit thrilling is not a competition at all.

bots look like real player! when i started to play, i had no idea that i was fighting with a bot. i met many real people who had nicknames like fs_xxxxxx, so you can't say that indentifys a bot. with the time i figured out, that they are bot's. there are some things that detects them: they have no photo/picture; they dont use emotes; they make plays/moves that make absolutly no sence (example: they silence/spy always the same unit - no matter if it is already without any abilities); they never surrender.

i also watched some videos on youtube. the streamer wanted to show people your game. they went into a ranking match and comment their game. they were playing vs a bot!!! and they thought they were playing vs a real person. you make people look very stupid. this is really sad.

ok, i understand, the player base is low and bots help to fill the gap. but where is the problem to mark a bot as a bot? i'm not a programmer, but i don't think that this is difficult for you.

and it's really boring to play with bots over and over again. if i wanted to play vs ai, i would do pve. but in pvp there should be a pvp. you don't even give me a chance to find a real player to play with. some bots join my game already after a few seconds. i prefer to wait longer, but to get a real person to play with. some people may like to get bots to grind for rating, but i do not. and this is not how it should be. you should have a least an aim to get someday to the point, where bots would be not necessary anymore - i hope you do so.

my suggestion:
mark bots as bots. reduce the number of bot. i dont see a necessity to have more then one bot in each deck value, 'couse you just need a bot in case that there is no other real person who is looking for a pvp match. don't let the bots enter games too soon - it's pvp and not pvb like i said. for example, if after 60 sec. no opponent would be found, allow bot to enter the game. i would even suggest to have a pop up, that would ask you "no ooponent in your elo was found, do you like to play with a bot?", or something like that. that would give me at least a choice to wait for a real person, or to play with a bot and not just throw me in a game that i can't even quit without losing my rating.
Raystlin
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: bots in pvp

Postby chuck » 26 Apr 2019, 08:04

Hi guys,

ok, now when you bring this topic, i'd like to say that it is too boring to play only one type of bot. Always the same deck, the same cards in every game against bot. That is so boring. :( Would be nice to have more bots. Harder, easier...
And would be fair when beating harder bots than better rewards for win.

Raystlin: You are suppose to meet only some number of bots per day. When you are after this number, you will not get bots. Only real players or "No opponent with similar ranking" writing you will get.
chuck
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Raystlin » 26 Apr 2019, 08:56

chuck wrote:Raystlin: You are suppose to meet only some number of bots per day. When you are after this number, you will not get bots. Only real players or "No opponent with similar ranking" writing you will get.

i already got many of those messages. i think to remember that even after them i had to play with bots. i'm not sure right now about it, but i will pay attention at this for the next time i get this message.

edit:
chuck wrote:Would be nice to have more bots. Harder, easier...
And would be fair when beating harder bots than better rewards for win.

would be nice if bots were even able to beat you. as far as i remember, i have not lost a single game vs a bot yet (and if i even lost some, then it was in early begining). if with better rewards you mean more rating, i'm not sure that it's a good idea. i get 3 rating points for a bot at this moment. for real players i get 4-7 rating. i guess that you get much more, 'couse with your deck value you face much more people with higher rating as i do.

i even did the battle pass challenge "do 100 damage on one turn" on a bot. but it felt like if i were abusing a bug. i knew what a bot would do, 'çouse they are so easy to predict, i and were just stalling the game and pumping up my units. did even almost 500 damage in the end in one turn, without any good cards.
Last edited by Raystlin on 26 Apr 2019, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Raystlin
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Dicksharpe » 26 Apr 2019, 09:02

Hey raystlin

I think u can tell bots by avatar, players have the tired looking American face (johnwayne I call him :D ) and bots have the German paratrooper face!

If i'm wrong, ignore this :)

Dicksharpe
Dicksharpe
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Raystlin » 26 Apr 2019, 09:12

Dicksharpe wrote:I think u can tell bots by avatar, players have the tired looking American face

i think you're wrong, and sorry that i dont ignore this :oops: i think the avatar depends on the rank (first lieutenant, captain, major, etc.)

i might be wrong as well :roll: so feel free to correct me if i am.

edit:
and even if they would a have different avatar. that makes not much difference. i'm not stupid and i already wrote before, i thought i were playing vs real players when i started to play pvp for the first time. and it took really long before i realised that they must be bots. or is here anyone who knew from the start on that he is playing vs bots? there is no where any sign about bots. i feel betrayed and i think many people would share that feeling if they would know that they are playing vs bots in pvp - and there seems to be a lot of them (videos from youtube prove that).
Last edited by Raystlin on 26 Apr 2019, 15:01, edited 3 times in total.
Raystlin
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 26 Apr 2019, 13:55

Bots are always called fs_something, they have low ranks, they never have platoon and they also don't have a facebook "face"...and their deck is always a mess of different nations and types...

I never noticed the graphics...but i don't think there is a specific bot "face"...

There was a player once that tried to pretend he was a bot...but not anymore (no big advantage anyway) ;)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Raystlin » 27 Apr 2019, 19:56

ok, i payed more attention at this and it seems to me that both of you were right (chuck and dicksharpe).

after i get the message "no players with similar rating were found, try again later", i met no more bots. but to get to this point i had to fight dozens of bots. i do not understand why i get matched with a bot when there are real players around searching for a match - and i know that there are some, becouse i get the bots inbetween of matches with real players.

also it seems that bots have that specific face. nevertheless you have to pay attention at this to get it. as i have written, i thought that different outlooks of the faces/avatars belong to the different ranks that you have - this made sence for me, so i didnt payed more attention for that. now i see that it seems to be an indicator for bots. i know it better now, but i'm sure that there are many people who have no idea that they are competing with bots in pvp.

if even a veteran player like assassin didn't know that - so how a new player is supposed to get it? people are just fooled by them. this needs to be changed.
Raystlin
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby chuck » 17 May 2019, 09:18

Hello,

ok, now we players have got new bots. Bots with diamond cards. (For me at least) Really good idea to do this step and thaks for that. But i think there could be done all logically steps in the way of adding new harder bots.

New bots are harder to win, win against the bot takes more thinking about game (much more than previous bots) also takes more time for one pvp game. But as reward we are getting the same amount of gold, the same rank points.

The question is:
Why new harder bots provides us with the same rewards when we beat them, like previous much easier bots ? Man would expect more gold and more points per win, when bots became harder. Would be logical.
Can we expect better rewards?

Have a nice day all
Chuck
chuck
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Aine » 17 May 2019, 12:05

Raystlin wrote:Bots make plays/moves that make absolutly no sence (example: they silence/spy always the same unit - no matter if it is already without any abilities); they never surrender.

Yeah, this is something I'm absolutely crazy about. I think that there's some serious issue with AI and it should be reworked. I don't wanna start a special thread about this (maybe I'll do it later), but really, seeing the AI making multiple attempts of killing the flag-raised unit, or playing and/or upgrading the units in absolutely lunatic order makes me wanna quit this game. I know that it may be hard to program it correctly, but some things (like e.g. "don't kill immortal units") should be pretty easy. Then of course this leads to crazy-ass overpowered decks used by AI as there's need to compensate its ineptness, and I feel like I'd rather play against a decent deck led by a decent AI, than watch the computer throw Maus after Maus after Maus into a trash bin.

my suggestion:
mark bots as bots. reduce the number of bot. i dont see a necessity to have more then one bot in each deck value, 'couse you just need a bot in case that there is no other real person who is looking for a pvp match. don't let the bots enter games too soon - it's pvp and not pvb like i said. for example, if after 60 sec. no opponent would be found, allow bot to enter the game. i would even suggest to have a pop up, that would ask you "no ooponent in your elo was found, do you like to play with a bot?", or something like that. that would give me at least a choice to wait for a real person, or to play with a bot and not just throw me in a game that i can't even quit without losing my rating.

Wait, what, you lose points after surrendering to bot? :roll: Next time tell me that this surrendering to the bot punishes you with a forced timeout! :lol: :roll:
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 17 May 2019, 12:20

chuck wrote:Why new harder bots provides us with the same rewards when we beat them, like previous much easier bots ?
Aine wrote:
Raystlin wrote:Bots make plays/moves that make absolutly no sence (example: they silence/spy always the same unit - no matter if it is already without any abilities); they never surrender.

Well...bots provide same reward as human...even the earlier "easy" bots...and you surely know that they provided 10 easy wins (and 200 gold) everday in PVP rank ;)

I am still adjusting...bots do critical mistakes, so they should be beatable even with diamond decks...of course that if luck punishes the player, then a loss is now very possible...
(I think i got a JW deck today...bot neglected to disable Plastic Explosive...so it lost, jw wouldn't)

I would like more rewards also...not so sure they make sense vs bots...anything that makes players LOOK FOR BOTS are not good in my view...
Wait, what, you lose points after surrendering to bot? :roll: Next time tell me that this surrendering to the bot punishes you with a forced timeout! :lol: :roll:
[/quote][/quote]
Yes. And i lost lots of points (over time) vs bots when the game crashes or i forget i was playing...(happens sometimes vs bots).
And yes...you get lockdown vs bot...when crashes were more frequent i was once 20min without playing because of a crash vs bot...

Mostly solved by now...not sure if they removed the lockdown vs bot, but the loss still causes loss of rank points...

I don't really think bots should be SMART ENOUGH and HAVE GOOD DECKS so they can win on a regular basis...it should be an exception...but the fact that it is possible is actually a GOOD THING for me...but bear in mind i AM NOT playing for rank...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Return to Technical Support