Important announcement - Game Releasing on Steam

Public Announcements and Media related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Important announcement - Game Releasing on Steam

Postby Stone » 08 Feb 2019, 18:21

Dear players,

First of all, let me take the chance to thank you all for your support and comments during the last months. While we know there are many areas of improvement in our games, we will all agree in the fact that one of the most important facts that affect the game in general is the lack of players, or at least concurrent players.

It's been said dozens of times that we sadly do not have the budget to invest in marketing campaigns, let's be clear -and we are being completely honest here- that we have attempted 4 or 5 times to invest quite large amounts of money (at least very large for a company of 2 developers) to try to increase the player database by acquiring new people for the game. Sadly these campaigns have resulted in a total failure, since we never got to acquire enough players to recoup the investments.

That's why we decided to port the game to Steam. We do believe and hope that we will get some return here in terms of amounts of players, that at least will suffice to fill up the PvP queue and will add some life to the servers. Valve is already in the process of reviewing the build of the game, and we have planned the release next February 22nd. For those interested, here's the already approved official Store Page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1019 ... ar_II_TCG/).

We do believe this is good news for everybody, and we really thank you guys for the support and patience you have towards the game.

Of course it comes without saying that we are still actively working on the game bugs and new content for you guys.

Thanks!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: Important announcement - Game Releasing on Steam

Postby afturganga » 12 Feb 2019, 17:17

Hi Team,

i want to say thx for the Information given yet About steam launch. Glad to here that but few questions remain.

1. Can i Link the steam account with mobile phone or will it be a steam only Play
2. what About (somebody allready mentioned /quested that in another post) the blueprints from old battlepasses. will there be a Chance for new Players to ever get those Cards or are they lost forever so that only old Players again will have this Benefit

Further Questions will appear , i think, but im glad to start Fresh and new
Regardings
afturganga
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 13 Feb 2019, 08:58

Hello,

I'm afraid you can't link your mobile game to the steam version. About your other question, we've some discussions about what to do for new payers (despite they have the option to craft the normal version) and if we implement a way to unlock crafted battle pass after a period of time.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 13 Feb 2019, 16:18

Everything that brings new players is good for all players ;)

Not sure on how game real-world economics are going...hope it is a profitable project...

Marketing is key these days i guess...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Return to Game Announcements