Valsolo vs Ilya. Best game so far!!!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Valsolo vs Ilya. Best game so far!!!

Postby ilya » 02 Jun 2014, 14:36

Thinking of balance and equation, first suggestion I can find is to rise promotion from 1 point to 2 for Type 97 TE-KE and Type 4 KA-TSU.

What you think guys?
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 02 Jun 2014, 19:15

ilya wrote:Thinking of balance and equation, first suggestion I can find is to rise promotion from 1 point to 2 for Type 97 TE-KE and Type 4 KA-TSU.

What you think guys?

Yupp. Those "deploy on frontline" units with high attack are too strong. If one combines that with the M2 (non faction restricted games), it's just too fast/too strong.
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ilya » 04 Jun 2014, 08:28

Ok, I played all factions vs Soviets. Red Army is weakest faction in the game for now. Their most dangerous enemies is (by descending): japaneses, germans, americans. With Japan it almost impossible to win, with Germany chances is very low, with America this somewhere between low and mid.

Soviets have lowest quantity of uncommon and higher units with 1 point to promote, so developing of units is very hard and slow.

Soviets main strenght is snipers and sniper ability. Promoted sniper with attachments on frontline is one of the deadliest unit. But chances to develope and battle through is so low, especial when opponent is skilled. This is one problem. Another one is that Soviets not have another advantages except snipers.

Game need some balancing I think.

I will play other factions vs others to figure out more. For now I more like american's tactics and game style because it variative and rely on promotion alot. And germans good too. This two factions always has plan B and maybe C, and this is entertaining. Japaneses is too flat and direct. Soviets have is the only chance is snipers but this is unlikely vs skilled opponent and deck.
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 04 Jun 2014, 08:46

I agree on everything except maybe that IMHO US faction is a little stronger than the Germans. This mostly due to the lethal combinations that one gets with their double damage units & white flagging.

So that would make for interesting Axis vs Allies fights, ie US/Sovjet vs German/Japanese. Though I believe that the speed of the Axis combined with the unit destruction capabilities of the Axis, will be too tough to handle by the Allies. I will try some decks Axis vs Allies & return with my opinion :)
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ilya » 04 Jun 2014, 09:10

Valsolo wrote:I agree on everything except maybe that IMHO US faction is a little stronger than the Germans. This mostly due to the lethal combinations that one gets with their double damage units & white flagging.

Yes, maybe. I tested all factions vs Soviets for now and US not so deadly as Germany or Japan. When enemy has not much of direct kill orders (and units) this is so vital for Soviets to have time for develop snipers and reach frontline.

Valsolo wrote:So that would make for interesting Axis vs Allies fights, ie US/Sovjet vs German/Japanese. Though I believe that the speed of the Axis combined with the unit destruction capabilities of the Axis, will be too tough to handle by the Allies. I will try some decks Axis vs Allies & return with my opinion :)

Yeah! Axis vs Allies is what interest me very much for last couple days. I think US and USSR may have interesting combinations. For example one of the way is how US can remarkable improve weak side of Soviets (slow promotion) by 'Better Equipment'. Plus other special aspects of US tactics.

At the same time Axis will have almost all deadliest orders and lots of 'deploy' units. This sounds very dangerous. :)
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 04 Jun 2014, 09:24

Did 3 quick test games axis vs allies:

- Axis have much more "dual function units", ie units that destroy opponent unit when they're being deployed. This gives Axis the upper hand immediately because they don't have to use supply points for destroying opponents.
- Allies have good combos, but they NEVER get the time to set them up when playing a good Axis deck.

Conclusion:
Axis are too fast. Will try to model an even better allied deck to see if I can counter the speed of the axis by more/better use of white flagging. That's the only approach I can think of to stop Axis from "fast deployment & destroying opponent"
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ilya » 04 Jun 2014, 12:12

Just finished tests for rest of factions. Played by rounds rule, for 2-0 or 2-1 wins.
And results were unexpected for me. :)

First and hot impressions I must say — US is amazing faction in faction-based matches! And most important they make playing by them and versus them more entertaining and skillful. Even japaneses need think more vs US rather than just rushing.

And what I didn't expect — US win in all rounds. But not ultimative and very in competitive confrontation.

My stats for 4.06.2014:
US wins JP, GE, RU (and it's all very entertaining)
JP wins GE, RU (boring)
GE wins RU (interesting)
RU is weakest factions for now :(

About tactic style for me US and GE is very fun in itself, and especial versus each other.

About the luck. RU have a low chances to win if opponent will be very unlucky, but not in consequence of their own luck. :(
US very depends on their own luck and this is great experience because depending on 'deck' and 'hand' they can play very various.
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby ilya » 04 Jun 2014, 14:02

Testing Allies vs Axis. Axis wins 6, Allies 2. In general Axis looks more powerful overall, but US and RU combo works really interesting and sometimes can take all accumulative advantages from both factions to smash enemy. Cool!
Will investigate more…
Last edited by ilya on 04 Jun 2014, 15:31, edited 2 times in total.
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 04 Jun 2014, 14:03

Hey guys,

I want to tell you that we are finding this thread really interesting and it should be very informative for the rest of the users, your points are quite correct but also bear in mind that we are still in the early stages, more cards are being planned and will appear really soon but to give you a bit of insight on what are we thinking when balancing de decks and the playability:

- American: High Firepower, Aggression.
- German: Maneuverability, Tactical superiority.
- Japanese: Ambush, Direct damage.
- Russian: Survivability, Extreme defense.

At the moment I agree with you that Japanese and American could be a bit more over the top but that's just because they don't rely that much on other specific movements that to "be deployed" in battle. But as the game progress that will be stabilizing much more, as we are introducing new cards that will empower their factions to a more stable position.

Keep this feedback coming!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby ilya » 04 Jun 2014, 14:11

New cards! Image More balance! Image

ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion