possible bug with elite cards - or cheating

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

possible bug with elite cards - or cheating

Postby bigfatrasta » 16 Feb 2016, 16:05

I was fighting a duel with thommygun from OHOI

and in his first turn he managed to play a infantry unit and a fully promoted Gustav. At the time i was not paying full attention as to what infantry it was (beeing shocked by full gustav, and doing some work on the side), but attributed it to using a better equipment and the infantry "promoting another German card on play".
After the match i went looking for said card with "promote another german", but the only ones i could find were

1.) "playing next german card is free"
2.) or "promotes german infantry"
Both option would not explain the full gustav.

1.) infantry (1AP), ->Gustav (0 AP), better Equipment(1 AP), ->1AP left which is not enough for a second better equioment (or the first BE was free aswell, as a result of the free card)

2.) is it possible that there is a misfunction with the "promote infantry" and that it works on Gustav as well?

In my opinion there must be some misfunction either in 1.) or in 2.). If there is another explanation i am happy to be enlightened.

BFR
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: possible bug with elite cards - or cheating

Postby RedRain » 16 Feb 2016, 19:31

Maybe it was elite panzer II ?

1232.jpg
1232.jpg (213.76 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
RedRain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 17 Feb 2016, 00:34

Gustav is 'Armour' Eh? There's a couple of Elite German tanks which promote other tanks, but no Infantry that I can think of that promote any German "units"... tanks = tanks, planes = planes and Inf = Inf for their Elite promotions.

Japan has several "promote Japanese unit on entry" cards though, which makes up for a slightly weaker assortment of cards.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bigfatrasta » 17 Feb 2016, 03:27

5Cats wrote:Gustav is 'Armour' Eh? There's a couple of Elite German tanks which promote other tanks, but no Infantry that I can think of that promote any German "units"... tanks = tanks, planes = planes and Inf = Inf for their Elite promotions.

Japan has several "promote Japanese unit on entry" cards though, which makes up for a slightly weaker assortment of cards.

i am well aware of that. that is why i am posting here ....
and no i am pretty sure it wasnt the tank, but a infantry unit!
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 17 Feb 2016, 04:34

bigfatrasta wrote:i am well aware of that. that is why i am posting here ....
and no i am pretty sure it wasnt the tank, but a infantry unit!

Oh, sorry! I wasn't clear. I figured you knew, and I agree: for a German INFANTRY to promote Gustav is indeed a bug!
That's probably exactly what happened: a buggy Elite Infantry someone noticed worked on tanks :?

I know my Elite Grosserdeutchland (I love it!) only does the proper thing... actually I don't know if I've had a German Armour on the board when I played it... hummm... A Horton was, I think? But I don't recall if the promotion circle showed up on it or not.

Well, it's good you reported it! Iron out those bugs... and nerf the OP additions!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nAFAI » 18 Feb 2016, 12:11

Do you remember which infantry unit it was? It sounds strange but we will investigate it from here.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support