How do you rate this game ?

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

How do you rate this game ?

Postby Lovesalooser » 08 Jan 2019, 17:45

I downloaded plenty of games from the play store, yet I really want to express sincere congratulations to the makers of this one. It is among the most unfair games I ever played in 20 years of gaming history. So far one star.
Lovesalooser
Private
Private

Re: How do you rate this game ?

Postby Assassin » 09 Jan 2019, 09:04

Can you explain why?

To me it is the ONLY game I know where most top players didn't pay to get there...which I don't say it was the devs intention, but still it is as it is...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Pieterr » 09 Jan 2019, 10:23

Hello,

A platoon is group of players helping eachother in getting specific tasks (raids) done. Players in it earn platoon points by playing PVP, raids and historical missions. By doing so (together) they have an opportunity to make friends. To my opinion this is the goal of any platoon in the game. Finally, by helping eachother out, sharing rewards for completing platoontasks, making friends, should increase the fun this game has to offer.
Fun is the main reason anyone plays a game in the first place.

Now your philosophy is quite the opposite of any platoon policy I’m familiar with:
You won’t play PVP (I can understand that)
You won’t pay money for this game (I can understand that)
You won’t play Missions (which I don’t understand)
You won’t play Raids (which I don’t understand)
If I’m correct, you just want to drop by every day, collect your daily bonus and that’s it.
I hope you don’t mind me saying, but this is a pretty lazy attitude.

You don’t need a platoon to collect your daily bonus. And a platoon doesn’t need players like you with such a philosophy.

Missions
You won’t play them until you’ll have a deck stuffed with epics and legenaries?
You don’t get to play your own cards while playing a historical mission but you get to play a pre-constructed deck. Rewards for finishing a historical missions are cards which could help you getting the deck you’d wish to make sooner.

Raids
You won’t play them until you’ll have a deck stuffed with epics and legendaries?
Not participating in raids is not sharing in the rewards for completing raids. You don’t need a deck stuffed with epics and legendaries to do raids. All you need to do is participate in a raid and do a bit of damage in it. Again, the rewards for being part of a (completed) raid are cards which could help you getting the deck you’d wish to make sooner.

Overall, if a player with a philosophy like yours would be able to get his hands on a deck stuffed with epics and legendaries sooner than a player who spends more time on this game than you than that would be unfair to me.

Now I realize that you may not like what you read. But I hope you’ll give me some credit for taking the time and effort I’ve made by replying to your post.

It seems to me, that you should re-evaluate your philosophy towards this game instead of being angry at your former platoon commander and the game itself.

Cheers,
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Bracken03 » 09 Jan 2019, 12:04

Pieterr wrote:Hello,

A platoon is group of players helping eachother in getting specific tasks (raids) done. Players in it earn platoon points by playing PVP, raids and historical missions. By doing so (together) they have an opportunity to make friends. To my opinion this is the goal of any platoon in the game. Finally, by helping eachother out, sharing rewards for completing platoontasks, making friends, should increase the fun this game has to offer.
Fun is the main reason anyone plays a game in the first place.

Now your philosophy is quite the opposite of any platoon policy I’m familiar with:
You won’t play PVP (I can understand that)
You won’t pay money for this game (I can understand that)
You won’t play Missions (which I don’t understand)
You won’t play Raids (which I don’t understand)
If I’m correct, you just want to drop by every day, collect your daily bonus and that’s it.
I hope you don’t mind me saying, but this is a pretty lazy attitude.

You don’t need a platoon to collect your daily bonus. And a platoon doesn’t need players like you with such a philosophy.

Missions
You won’t play them until you’ll have a deck stuffed with epics and legenaries?
You don’t get to play your own cards while playing a historical mission but you get to play a pre-constructed deck. Rewards for finishing a historical missions are cards which could help you getting the deck you’d wish to make sooner.

Raids
You won’t play them until you’ll have a deck stuffed with epics and legendaries?
Not participating in raids is not sharing in the rewards for completing raids. You don’t need a deck stuffed with epics and legendaries to do raids. All you need to do is participate in a raid and do a bit of damage in it. Again, the rewards for being part of a (completed) raid are cards which could help you getting the deck you’d wish to make sooner.

Overall, if a player with a philosophy like yours would be able to get his hands on a deck stuffed with epics and legendaries sooner than a player who spends more time on this game than you than that would be unfair to me.

Now I realize that you may not like what you read. But I hope you’ll give me some credit for taking the time and effort I’ve made by replying to your post.

It seems to me, that you should re-evaluate your philosophy towards this game instead of being angry at your former platoon commander and the game itself.

Cheers,

It is really funny how different people can be. Even if I would own an all Diamond deck PVE (Raids and Missions) would never be fun to me in this game. To me they are just an endless and boring grind. Doing it in a platoon does nor make it any more interesting to me.

The only game mode I like is PVP. It is why I play this game.

In this game I do not want to make friends. I am quite asocial and I use this game more as a time filler. It is easy to just hop in for 30 minutes and play a few rounds. My social playtime I spent in other games with Teamspeak enabled.

I think what is really unfair esspecially to new players in this game is the PVP matchmaking in this game. But I am not sure if anything can be done at this point to change it because the player base seems to be quite low. Getting an unfair match fast is maybe better than getting none at all.

Also the game is quite "platoon gated", which I feel at the moment as a solo player. You will improve much faster in a platoon.

It is also 100% "PVE gated". If you want to improve your deck you must collect "Raid Points" which you can only get in Raids. You already know my opinion about PVE in this game.

I would give this game an 3/5. Playing only PVP a 5/5, if you do not mind very slow progression.

Greetings Bracken03

PS You make very broad assumptions about the "philosophy" of the original poster. Do you know him? Was he in your platoon? Otherwise I think your post says more about you than it does about him.
Bracken03
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Pieterr » 09 Jan 2019, 14:07

@ Bracken: I'm quoting his words, which he wrote in a different post.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Bracken03 » 10 Jan 2019, 07:38

Thanks, now I understand.
Bracken03
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to General Discussion