Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards)

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby Danyperconte » 28 Oct 2018, 21:34

Well, I will try to be educated in my opinion.

It is becoming clear that the last steps taken are aimed at the business idea, which is understandable and respectable. I only have to either resign myself or leave the game.

But, if everything goes in this direction, which unfortunately will further increase the distance between the players ... how hard do you have to introduce these measures?

- Gift limitation: OMG..I discovered this yesterday when my teammate told me it. It makes sense but ... 5%?? Are you crazy?? It should clearly be half as much. Do not demand a weekly barbarity who plays assiduously for a pack that is probably not good at all.
- Gifts of the platoon leader: I read it in another post, the leader should be able to reward the players in his squad ... perhaps with some restriction. If you have a hard time taking care of the players, others should do it.

I ask you politely for an answer at least on these two topics. Thank you.
Danyperconte
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 29 Oct 2018, 09:47

Hello,

The update is going to be ready today (in advance of the "Battle Pass" that will be available the 1st of November). About the price is going to be 19,99 and as mentioned before the rewards are worth around 5 times the price. Also any player has access to the basic rewards (another way to obtain raid points, chests, cards, gold,... every month).

Also each season we're going to unlock 5 cards for craft that will be unlocked by completing challenges (for both free & premium players) the only difference is that the golden battle pass will give you one crafted card. These cards are different versions of current iconic cards that can only be "unlocked" during that season. (You will be able to see them when the season starts). For example during November season the 5 Medals (items) will be available to unlock (once the challenges completed, you can craft the card whenever you want).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 29 Oct 2018, 15:47

Hello developers,

I've updated the game and checked the friendly pvp. I've played two friendly pvp battles vs two members in our platoon. It worked just fine.
I'm impressed. This "new" feature is really nice. Thanks again for implementing it.
To me this is one of the best updates you've launched,... I'm really curious what effect it'll have on the game and on the players.

I'm curious about the battlepass too. Although I've got to wait until the 1st of November to see what it'll look (and be) like,... I do (already) have a small point of critism: Which is the price you're charging for the golden battlepass. You're charging 20 euro's for it. This is about 5 euro's a week.
I don't know if the majority of the players in your database are willing to spend that amount of money on your game. I've read (twice) that the rewards will be 5 times worth the costs. Still spending twenty euro's all at once?
My kids are not allowed to spend that amount of cash on the computergames they're playing. I don't care about the rewards they're missing and I don't care about if it is only once a month.

Don't get me wrong. I do understand your point of view to make a profit out of this CCG. I'm just wondering if the the price you're charging isn't too much.
Anyway, I guess you will be monitoring the revenues out of the golden passes I suppose. Besides, as far as I know, I'm not related to Nostradamus too.
I'm just sharing my thoughts,..

Last thing: I've send an email through your website and I've send another one to info@frozenshard.com. Still haven't gotten an answer.

Cheers,
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 29 Oct 2018, 17:16

Quick question...what is the actual ability of the diamond Home Guard...?

Description seems that it destroys any unit with any ability?

Edit
Description is clear now...either corrected or i misread...sorry
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 30 Oct 2018, 09:03

Hello,

@Pieter: Thanks for your words, the price was set due to the amount of rewards that we're giving, we wanted something that was really worth similar to a special offer but with content to play.

@Assassin: The ability "targets" any card with "deploy" ability and should read "DEPLOY" (We did change all the abilities that do deploy to the same name so there's no confusion).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 30 Oct 2018, 14:12

mtormo wrote: the price was set due to the amount of rewards that we're giving

Hey Marc,

I understand the price-setting. It sounds reasonable if you'd put it in that perspective. I suppose you're taking the prices you're charging in the shop as parameters to finally end up with this outcome. Then the rewards you can obtain are compared to your shopprices also. And 5 times worth the value of the amount of money you've paid.

Now you're charging € 13,99 for the legendary Douglas McArthur in the shop.
And for the (nearly same) amount of € 15,- I can buy a small ingot and a ingot of gold. If I'd do so I get 2.350 gold
If I'd sell back my Douglas McArthur back to the computer I'd only get 200 gold for it. This is nearly 12 times less than the amount of gold I'd get for spending € 15 in your shop.

In other words:A Card is very exclusive and expensive when you purchase it, but almost completely worthless if you'd sell m back. You also could say that I'm a rich man if I take a look at all my cards and compare them to your shopprices. But if you'd take a look to what I really get back for them then it's rather a big dissapointment.
I do understand that there has to be a difference between the amount of money you're charging for a card in the shop and the refund you're providing when a player decides to sell a card back to the computer.

Anyway (and again) if the price is set due to the amount of rewards (based upon your shop prices) I understand the outcome. However, I feel that the outcome has been made with a blind eye to the perspective I've just described.

I don't suppose you're going to thank me for my nice words on this post ;-)
It's not/never meant offensively, it's just sharing my point of view.

Cheers,
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Johnwayne » 30 Oct 2018, 17:18

Hello,
US air decks are not competitive due to lack of a pair of promotion units like other factions. You have added three diamond planes that do not address this problem. Additionally, the creation of the diamond order paratrooper training appears to be a complete waste of bp since the base card Hetzer accomplishes the same thing for the same ap. A pair of epic elite planes that promote would make this deck competitive I’m my opinion.
Johnwayne
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 31 Oct 2018, 08:58

Hello,

@Pieter: You'll be able to see all the rewards available each season on the rewards panel. We tried to make them really worth so completing the challenges after purchasing the upgraded battle pass feels rewarding.

About your concern of what "value" we give to the rewards, you can check it tomorrow and check the value that we gave them, but I can assure you that we tried to add useful rewards for all players.

@Johnwayne: On this update we wanted to give a push to the American Aircraft and Japanese Infantry, we believe that with this update they're in a better position. About Promotion cards, we believe that we need to limit the amount of "free promotions" to 2-4 Cards in the deck, depending always in the faction. In the American Aircraft there's room for a new one and it'll be a future card for sure.

About the new American Order, we did a "small step" in the previous expansion to do the orders more useful (with some "0 costs" options that only affects a specific faction) and we'll keep on this road, for the next update, each faction will have the option to reduce in 1 the cost of the next faction-Order.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Nounou » 01 Nov 2018, 01:03

Great update! Awesome!
Nounou
Private
Private

Postby Assassin » 01 Nov 2018, 17:19

I am playing without reading all docs...

But is it normal to have rewards for numbers where I have no quest description?

Quest 42 for instance...I don't see any description...but it has a reward!?!
And quest 6...no description and no reward...is this ok?
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion