Server exploit rollback

Public Announcements and Media related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Server exploit rollback

Postby Stone » 21 Nov 2016, 16:42

Dear players,

This weekeend a major error on our server leaderboards displayed some of the Platoon and Raids scores as empty or 0. We have been checking our server logs and found out the unpleasant surprise where unfortunately hundreds of players have been taking advantage of this error and hence, have been exploiting it, receiving hundreds (or literally thousands) rewards that could have only been won by playing straight during a year approximately.

It's well known that we do not allow this kind of behavior on the players and has been already "punished" before banning the access to some specific features of the game to the "exploiters", nevertheless this time we will make an exception and will not ban access anywhere. We are anyways executing rollbacks to all the players accounts that have been exploiting this error during this weekend to the previous state they were before. If you have not taken advantage of it rest assure that your progress will be left as it is now.

Now, to the players that had the idea of buying Single Player raid tickets to keep pushing the Raid and hence get the extra rewards, please feel free to post here your nick and we will add a Pack(s) of the same price.

Thanks for your understanding.
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: Server exploit rollback

Postby Tandu » 21 Nov 2016, 23:03

So you are saying that because YOU made a mistake, YOU have the right to erase our gold, packs and raid points? Not to mention cheating us of the previous week's platoon point gold, raid points and other rewards?
I have been patient for months with sub-standard game performance thanks to your server disconnections and ever new ways to screw this game.
Now you are revealed as dishonest game developers. Please give me back every lask Kred I ever spent on this game. Preferably in Euros.
With sincere annoyance
Tandu
Tandu
Private
Private

Postby 5Cats » 22 Nov 2016, 03:04

With a bug like that, open to everyone for over a full day? One had to 'exploit it' or get left behind. :cry:

Of course I only got a few useful cards out of it (3 in total I think), since I already had most of the cards already. But finally getting that American Medal (Bored5cats) after nearly 2 years of playing was nice! Now it's gone...

So are we getting our Kreds back? I spent 50 on that stuff... please put it in the Bored5cats account, which is where it came from anyhow. Kong lets either account spend it, eh?

And I thought I found my (5Cats) American 5th Rangers Legend before that? It's gone too...

To think of all the Gold, General Packs and other things I lost due to bugs... back when I was starving for good cards!! :evil:
Last edited by 5Cats on 22 Nov 2016, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby spliffy78 » 22 Nov 2016, 03:17

I am writing this in regards to the mass exploit that FS had over the week-end. I did participate in this massive bug. It was the talk of the chat. I checked my Kredit purchase history and ended up spending 70 Kong Kreds on this opportunity to advance with my progress of the game, seeing as I didn't want to be faced with even more overpowered opponents. I understand that the players accounts were reset back to there original status prior to this event. I would like to apologize for myself and others who took part. If at all possible would you be able to return the actual Kredits so I can use them in future raids. Thank-you for your consideration :)
spliffy78
Private
Private

Postby nyan » 22 Nov 2016, 04:55

To whom it may concern,

What spliffy and 5Cats said. PvP is based on relative strength, not absolute morality. I would also like to apologize, however. Returning Kreds would also be much appreciated

Thank you for your time, and for all you do!
Regards,
N
nyan
Private
Private

Postby Aleksandr » 22 Nov 2016, 09:35

FS made an amazing game, but they wasted the potential.

When I was told about this bug, all that I've done was to finish the mission and go to bed. I didn't want to exploit this bug, as I already spoiled the fun of collecting when I purchased some cards for real money.
The only thing I've done after I woke up, is that I used the four tickets to play the solo raid for four times, simply coz I didn't want to waste a day. Other than that, I dindu nuffin'. Even this will be "punished"? That's unfortunate.

Now, this is not about morality. I knew pretty well, that I'm doing a mistake, as lots of other players will use this opportunity to gain an edge over me in pvp. However, there's only seven cards I need, and those are seven Ju 87 Stuka. All that I want I already got, and there's no other German card that I need, and no non-German at all. I got everything, so there's no need for me to grind anymore. But I can understand the frustration of several players, that used this opportunity to collect what escaped them for months, maybe for well over year, and now they're depraved of it.

In fact I sold ALL my non-german stuff just a day before the bug happened, keeping only the orange cards in case I'd love to build a Singleton deck. Once again: I sold everything which doesn't bear a swastika, as I'm going to concentrate on German decks, but more notably, I'm going to concentrate on MY OWN REAL LIFE. Out of my "exploitation" of the bug, I got one of the necessary Stukas. If it's gone, then I'm a bit annoyed.

There are people who spent the money on game during the weekend only because of this bug. It might be immoral to exploit the bug, but I'm not sure if it's much more moral to exploit their urge to collect zeroes-and-ones in a browser game.

This weekend was a little step for humanity, but a great jump for my liberation from gaming.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Stone » 22 Nov 2016, 12:43

Tandu wrote:So you are saying that because YOU made a mistake, YOU have the right to erase our gold, packs and raid points?

Hi Tandu,

You got it right. We, as every other developer in the world make mistakes from time to time, actually we make more than we'd like. Unfortunately, that's something that can not be fixed in 1 night, and we all learn from our mistakes, every day. We will never got tired of saying how sorry we are, believe when we say we wish we could afford having a 200 man team so this kind of things don't happen, but we need to experience these kind of events so we can grow up as a company. Now, you say you have been patient for months due to our server disconnections and still have been playing it, which we appreciate, but allow me to say that, if you are going to use that argument as an excuse for exploiting, it's a pretty bad one.

Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, if you are still interested, you are allowed to get Packs with the same value as the Kreds/real money you have spent during the weekend, we will not ignore the purchases you have made and hence, you will get the virtual goods you deserve for it.

That said, I'd still have to thank 5Cats for reporting this error, even after confessing the use of the exploit, without the help of honest players like you, the game would not be the same, we thank you for that.

We'd honestly like you to understand these kind of measures we've taken, and I guarantee you that this error will be fixed before this week ends, since it's been set for obvious reasons to full priority. In the meantime again, since we can not refund kreds/money, we will be waiting for your in-game nicks for those who purchased the Solo Raids Tickets so you get the goods you deserve.

We will understand if some of you quit it because of the last events, and sadly all we can do about this is to thank you for your time and patience and to sincerely hope to see you back in the game sooner or later.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of you for playing this game and giving us the opportunity of making a living by doing (or trying to do apparently) what we love, to make games for your entertainment.

Kind regards,
Chris
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 22 Nov 2016, 16:26

I didn't like the 'wipe out' at first, but really there is no other way to deal with it. Some players got a LOT of Raid Points and Gold even if they didn't find many cards.

It is very unfortunate that players who didn't use it also got wiped, but what else can be done? It was just 1 day (or so) of progress.

Yeah, I report all the bugs I find, if they're serious enough. I knew when I saw 10 rewards sitting there after 1 Raid Ticket that this was a BAD BUG.

Returning packs for the Kreds spent, oy! Better than nothing I guess... bored5cats had 50, spliffy had 70, not sure who else spent money on it. Piff maybe?

Will there be a separate thread for that or just mention it here? If I add names with an Edit to this comment, will it get noticed? If other players who don't comment here also spent Kreds?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tandu » 22 Nov 2016, 16:32

In response to your previous message, you have a problem. I don't know if it's memory or comprehension problem. My in-game name is the one you yourself typed after the word Hi. Starts with a letter T.

So your excuse is "no refunds". I somehow guess you made more money that one day than on most other days with this game. Instead of Thank you! for those who supported your game, your response is of course to delete everything, including the rewards we were due and received before your own bug appeared.
If I were making excuses I might say that since you didn't pay the previous week's rewards, gold, raid points and packs we might have been entitled to get at least something since you were busy ignoring the matter completely. You could of course have given us what we were due but you only act quickly if you can take away something the player purchased with his money, however greatly it was discounted.
You have either withheld or taken back 2 week's worth of platoon gold, reward packs for being number 1 platoon, reward packs for completed team raids. As long as you refuse to give those back you are the one who is making excuses for his dishonest actions.
signed still as
Tandu

Edit: I just re-read your first post on this thread. I fail to see any apology of any kind there. No apology for making this bug, no apology for the trouble you have caused everyone by deleting the things they had, before your own bug appeared. You do accuse us players of exploiting your bug. You do not apologise for ANYTHING.

Second edit: You will be pleased to know I just quit this game. I name you thieves for not returning 2 weeks of platoon rewards. Nobody should spend a single cent or Kred on a game that's managed this badly.
Tandu
Private
Private

Postby ByOliver » 22 Nov 2016, 20:44

Nick: ByOliver
I bought the raid tickets 3 times
ByOliver
Private
Private

Next

Return to Game Announcements