New PvP System Release

Public Announcements and Media related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

New PvP System Release

Postby Stone » 29 May 2019, 16:04

Hi,

Like many of you already know, the new PvP System will be released on June 1st, 2019. We are quite excited about it, and we do hope you feel the same way. In case you missed the general information about the new system, feel free to check them out here.

We wanted to make sure all of you are aware of the next steps that we will take in order to integrate the new System. Please bear in mind that all the schedule below is in CEST format (GMT +02h).

Here's the Schedule for the next season change:

• Sat, 00:00h: PvP not available for 2 hours. The current PvP Season (Season 49) will end on Friday 31st at 00h CEST Time, 2 hours earlier than usual, this link will let you know exactly the countdown to the Season End in your time zone.
  • Sat, 01:00h: Simultaneous release of the update in all platforms: iOS, Android, Facebook, Kongregate and Steam (Windows + Mac).
  • Sat, 01:05h: The server will force all players to run the new version of the game. Important note: At this point, you will not be able to see the current PvP leaderboard, don't panic, nothing will be deleted at this point yet, it's just that the new version of the game "points" to a different leaderboard now.
  • Sat, 02:00h: The server will deliver the (old) PvP rewards for the last time.
  • Sat, 02:05h: The server will be updated to the new version, PvP will be available in the new leagues format for all players. As you log in and check the PvP screen, the season will reset your rating, matches and victories (as has always worked) and will reset your old rating for a new one, which will depend on your current rating at the reset time, meaning that not every player's Elo will be reseted to 1000 points.

Some good news before we go: we are happy to announce that we had the time to implement the Offline PvP we talked about earlier. In the event of not having many concurrent players of your same rating and, to prevent having really long waiting times, the server will from time to time match you with an "offline" player deck, the AI will use any other eligible player deck.
It will use the player's decks that played PvP at least once within the last 3 months (the list has already been pre-populated by us with real data). The offline decks will always be automatically updated on the server as you play. We don't want to talk much about this feature since it's not fully squeezed, but we believe adding it into the Matchmaking formula it's a really good start and will for sure add some variety and fun. ;)

We will be available during the whole switch in case anything goes wrong (we surely hope not!).
Thank you again for your patience,

Regards
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: New PvP System Release

Postby Stone » 01 Jun 2019, 01:18

The leagues have been successfully integrated in the game and you should now be able to play again PvP matches. We hope you enjoy the new system, please be patient and wait a few days while the players slowly move on the leaderboards.

Also please as always, do let us know in case you find anything wrong and we will try to get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks.
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby scott » 01 Jun 2019, 05:36

Yes, you've removed the restore action points boost on raids. Players paid for this.

Other than that the new Pvp is in my opinion not better. The value system wasn't working you said. I expect it wasn't working for you. Under the value based system you could with skill and thought put together a deck of lower value and succeed as I did to some extent. But this means I don't need expensive upgraded cards to compete which equates to I don't need to pay cash for better cards.

Now it's back to might is right or those who spend more win with one concession we now have three divisions of the original mess.
scott
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 01 Jun 2019, 10:21

scott wrote:Yes, you've removed the restore action points boost on raids. Players paid for this.

I'm afraid that was a mistake, it's been taken care of, pease check viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1983&p=12032&sid=eebec41e23eea86c0476ccadbafd1d57#p12032 for more info, sorry about that.

We will anyways keep an eye on the new matchmaking during the next month, feel free to let us know your thoughts

Thanks,
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby halev » 01 Jun 2019, 11:22

First impressions. The AI ​​plays badly with decks of players. Can not use the ability to play free units on the table. Saw how the unit with the deployment was put in the support line.
Perhaps for those who so want to have PvP for the value of the deck, will you add this mode? It will be PvP unrated. I have a diamond deck, but last season I made a PvP deck worth 10-11k. It was interesting to play, just nostalgia)) in this mode you can also use the offline PvP that you made. I don’t know if anyone is using the game mode for two people on the same device that is in the game, so without rated PvP could be a good alternative to this.
¡No pasarán!
halev
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Dicksharpe » 01 Jun 2019, 12:30

First impression

At 150 points out from getting to next league, u have to face players already there. This is way too much!!

It should be within 2-3 games max, so 30-40 points imo.
Dicksharpe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ledballoon » 02 Jun 2019, 02:53

acts the same as it was before as far as I can see, you seem intent on making decks face each other wit the same lopsided matchups as before, 1 player has a cake walk the other has no chance, I am sure u don't realize this will deter new players from playing for long as u have had this same insane system for almost 6 years , so stupid apparently cant be fixed here,like muting a player from global that hasn't been on in weeks and have him muted for 4 days and change, and since you seem totally devoid of anything remotely resembling intelligence, this come back and check out the new pvp system is just to funny, why cant you grow a brain and make the matchups fair? as a 60k deck vs a 1987 deck is not a slight advantage but a straight up ritual sacrifice , and if you don't fix it more will leave till its just yourselves alone here, but if that was what u were aiming for , well then you are spot on
ledballoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Raystlin » 02 Jun 2019, 09:26

hello,

i have some thoughts about the new pvp system, but i'm not in the mood to share them now.

can you please reset my rating. i want to play pvp without playing food for the diamond decks. my rating is too high to get equal matchups, and i don't expect much changes in rating in the next days, or even weeks. if i would have separated the ladder at the start of the season, i would have done it by the amount of diamond cards the players possess and not by the rating they got at the end of last season. first half of last season i was climbing, next half (after matchmaking changings) i stucked and slowly moved down. i still finished in the top 25, but in the elo based system i don't belong to the rank where i am now. i am around people with diamond decks - i don't have any chance to beat them. with big luck and many mistakes by my opponent i won 1 game vs 36k deck with my 18k deck. i win games vs offline decks, but if i get a real player, i usually just skip my turns until the game is over, or i can surrender - this is not a game, this is torture.

set me down to the soldier league please, so i can play equal matchups and climb until i get to people who are "slightly" better with their decks and skills.
Raystlin
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Aine » 02 Jun 2019, 10:27

60k deck vs a 1987 deck is not a slight advantage but a straight up ritual sacrifice

I may signature this. :D

this is not a game, this is torture.

Don't you know that all that you need to do is to improve your skill? Just try more, don't be a noob, learn to play, etc. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Geez, this is really crappy situation, and it seems like there's no way out. I warned you exactly about this one year ago, and I still stand by my words: diamonds were a really wrong idea, a shining example of how power creep screws up the games, and they may kill the PvP in the long run.

reset my rating... i usually just skip my turns until the game is over, or i can surrender - this is not a game, this is torture.

there's a problem with the reset: once you'll win a few matches you're back where you started and you'll be paired with Turn1 decks again. The only solution is to either surrender every game, even the ones where you're about to win (and thus play just for the feeling of it), or there need to be a "Reset my Rating" button so that you may reset your rating over and over. But this may be misused by diamond players...
Aine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby ledballoon » 02 Jun 2019, 10:42

in 52 battles I have just 1 pvp that has made sense just 1 the ret have been sacrifices , the ai opponents was a good move but you have to fix this matchup in the pvp with real opponents
ledballoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Game Announcements