PvP Rate Rewards Still Weird

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

PvP Rate Rewards Still Weird

Postby 5Cats » 27 Jul 2016, 17:05

Hi guys! I finally found the bloody new forums, thanks to Hunter & Gusgus (and some others, thx guys!)

That's a big deal eh? Several people in Kong Chat were wondering what was going on.

About PvP Rate:

I complained (bitterly) a while ago that it was way out of proportion: I'd lose a match to a guy 800+ Rate higher (and several ranks too) and get hit with -11!! But beating him only gave +9, or even less.

Fortunately that has changed! But it still happens to a lesser degree.

I played the #1 guy (with my #2 account) and won: +7. Played immediately after & lost: -8

It just baffles me how that can happen. he said he only lost -8 for his loss (I think) and didn't say what he got for the win. We were 200 rate apart at that time, I think... this was the day the Forums links broke, not that recent.

Otherwise the Rate scores seem fine, it's still not "right" though... I guess it's trivial but... annoying!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: PvP Rate Rewards Still Weird

Postby skol » 27 Jul 2016, 18:57

I believe there is an amount added or subtracted during win/loss that is representative of how many items lost/killed as well as items ranked up that is applied to the total +/- at the end of a match. Seems to be the case in my experience. That would explain the discrepancies that you mentioned.
skol
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: PvP Rate Rewards Still Weird

Postby 5Cats » 29 Jul 2016, 13:17

Hi Skol~!

That was how it worked in Heroes (I think? In the campaign there for sure) but not here. It should be the same for 5 turn matches as a 15 turn one.

As far as they've told us, the reward/loss is based on Rate. Beating a lower-rate guy only gets +6 or even +5! While beating a higher guy is +7 or +8. Some of those "lower" guys take 20 minutes to defeat! Lolz!
And if someone surrenders or disconnects early? It is the same reward for winning.

Before? I was getting wild results. As I mentioned, -11 for a loss to a guy with +800 rate over me, it really got my attention!

Lately it has been much more reasonable, but still that +7 for winning and -8 for a loss against a higher guy? It grinds my gears...

Being #2 and #3 it takes a loooong time to get some Rate Points! And losing them unnecessarily really bothers me.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support