New Behavior in PvP Battles

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

New Behavior in PvP Battles

Postby gusgus78 » 24 May 2016, 09:55

Hello everyone!

Since the last update I think something has changed/is wrong with the process that aligns players in pvp battles.

In recent days, I only have been able to face "chinese letters player" and bots in the morning. In the evenings, it is literally impossible to find opponents, even bots.

I remember months ago, often I had to face great players like wolf, 5cats or koala, even when my level was abysmally low in comparission with theirs.

I have also noticed that after trying unsuccessfully to find opponent, my connection indicator in platoon screen turns red, which makes me think that after certain searching attempts, something happens that prevents me from finding opponents.

I think that not only happens to me, because I have noticed that in the very few times I have faced great players, they have surrendered, not about my superiority, else because I think they know that keeping low ranking it is more easily to find opponents.

I have to admit it is a little boring looking for opponents for hours without any results, and makes me wonder if it really worth trying to reach superior positions in the monthly ranking in exchange for playing less.

I really hope this can give you hints to find and correct this behavior in pvp battles since update.

Thank you very much.
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: New Behavior in PvP Battles

Postby FS_KZK » 24 May 2016, 10:22

Its just what i saied in an oter Threat http://www.ww2tcg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=854

You have to surrender to pull down rating to get fights. If you dont do you are most time alone an find nobody to play or have to wait a long long time.

It couldnt be the target of the Game, that top players have to pull down rating, that they can play...
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 24 May 2016, 11:02

gusgus78 wrote:In recent days, I only have been able to face "chinese letters player" and bots in the morning. In the evenings, it is literally impossible to find opponents, even bots.

I remember months ago, often I had to face great players like wolf, 5cats or koala, even when my level was abysmally low in comparission with theirs.

Two things...

Also got a chinese character player...the odd part is that it SEEMED to me that i had only ONE ACTION POINT...not 100% sure as the order you play the cards affects stuff...and i wasnt 100% awake

wolf and koala are playing a lot less...and me too by the way...part of the problem i guess...the reason is less time to play, and better to invest in PVE.
I still think the game rewards for PVP are way too low.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby gusgus78 » 24 May 2016, 12:05

Yes, "chinese character player" has a heavy burning AP deck... most of turns you ll have only 1 or 2 AP...

I refered wolf & koala because now, after update, it seems top5 players can't face other players than top5 (for example). Long time ago, with my poor level, i faced wolf & koala frequently... it was like the level wasn't so important to align players in PvP.

And yes, i agree that the rewards for PvP are so low... even, playing less because dont find opponents...
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 24 May 2016, 14:57

Both of me are playing less, I'm recovering since May 4th, no energy to grind both Raids and PvP...

Grinding Hard Mode is kind of fun? I use several unusual (for me) cards and tactics to boost my life so I can 3-star it the first try... works OK up to level zh80 or so...

And several guys report (on kong chat) deliberately losing 15 matches, usually to a Platoon-mate, just to knock their Rate down.

If the rewards were better? What difference would it make? The top-15 players already HAVE a great deck! :roll: Or else they wouldn't BE there! Giving them even more cards or gold would be nice for them, but it would just widen the gap between top and middle players even further...

Like giving larger rewards for the #1 Platoon each week? Not such a good plan... the players already get lots of gold from winning PvP and lots of cards from winning Missions & Raids, or else their Platoon wouldn't BE in the top-3!

- give rewards to lower platoons: E-pack for 2&3 and O-pack for 4&5! This would greatly encourage players, I think. Right now the top-3 is locked up by a small group of Platoons (now that the Wolf Trick seems to be gone) and the rest are left behind every week.

- reduce the % an individual needs to get a reward pack for the top 1-3 teams, that will encourage more playing! Many simply look at the 200K total, and their 5K score, and give up. I can't blame them either, eh?

There's usually a couple of players who "surrender on sight" in any given season, eventually they get better decks & stop doing that!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 24 May 2016, 16:37

True that!
I proposed a "tournament" setting elsewhere on the site. I guess that some kind of a reward for newbies might be an interesting option, even anything as silly as participation prize being greater than the win reward...
If there'D be something similar to MtG-like promo cards (not the real promos,. but rahter an Attendance Pack with say one Rare or a mix of three cards), there'd be an intention to take a part in that tourney/8mens. There's no need for a "real" reward for the winner, it might be some kind of special portrait, special achievment, or even, yeah... or even some crappy pack.
Idk. The tourney/prize system of paper MtG was a reason why lots of fun was lost, otoh, it works... at least for the competitive minds.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby FS_KZK » 24 May 2016, 20:38

Hi Guys, in both topics are verry good ideas to solve the problem. But first lets have a look at the Problem itself.
High level Players cant find other guys to play because their Rating is to high. I THINK i know how the Quee works. You go in PVP and there is a window thats get bigger the longer you are in quee. You can face Players in this Window.
Example: You have a rating of 1500
first 5 sec game searches for Players with same Rating (1500)
5-10 sec game searches for Players with +/-5 (1495-1505)
10-15sec gamne searches for Players with +/-10 (1490-1510)

And so on...

Somewhere there is a barrier, i faced never a player with more than 350 difference to me. The Problem is that there are cuts in the Ranking like i wrote in Other threat So if Gusgus (Rating 2500) goes in quee and has a barrier from 350 he only can face players with a rating from 2150 or higher. And there are Only 5 players (Gusgus, Chinese guy, cipreanomera, edge, Druid). Chinese Guy and edge are in an other Timezone and Druid isnt active this Time. So he only can face 1 Player!!!

Solution:
Change the quee and Put ranking in it.
Example: You have a rating from 1500 and on 25
First 5 sec game searches Players with same ranking /Rank.
5-10sec Players with +/-5 ranking or +/-1 Rank (Ranking 1495-1505 OR Rank 24-26)
10-15 sec Players ith +/10 or +/-2 Ranks (Ranking 1490-1510 OR Rank 23-27)

And so on...

Maybe they can also make an expection that Players in TOP15?25?30?50? face imidiatly. If 2 players in top 25 are in Quee they face and dont wait for for the "Window"

I Think that would be a good solution. Top Players get faster Games/get games at all and Newbies are Safe.

Of course I dont know if it works so and dont know the numbers but i think it is possible. The longer i Wait the bigger is the Rating difference between me and other Player...
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 25 May 2016, 06:13

Hi Hunter!

It's a lot faster than 5 Rate per 5 seconds... I've faced guys with +450 or more over my rate, easily. And the same for matching under it too, but more rarely. It doesn't take 450 seconds to match them, only 40 or less...

If you haven't found a match after 120 seconds? Exit the Q and try again, I think. Sometimes it finds a match after that, but mostly not.

Matching by position in the Rate Standings is just the same as by Rate, eh? :| It's the same function. High Rate = High Standing.

Actually? The matching system works great! When there's a lot of players in PvP! Otherwise... not so great.
Keeping the 2000 Rate guys from destroying newbies (and getting all of +2 Rate for doing it!) is important. ALL the top-15 guys have 200+ wins, some 400+ they must be matching someone out there! Can't all be bot wins... just 7 per day I think? But those guys who PvP for hours every day will eat up all 7 bots for 210 easy wins a Season... not much Rate from it tho.

Oh, one comment (in general, this has come up a couple of times) about "Low Deck" days or tournaments? With Rare & under cards only, for example? The strong, veteran players will still dominate the newbies. But strong vs strong will be a lot more fun! And newbie vs newbie too. (because some newbies have a Bombe or Jack and totally destroy inexperienced players... if they're lucky enough to draw it!)

I often complain that playing my "top deck" against another "top deck" all comes down to "drawing the OP cards the fastest and the oftenest" and there's not a damn thing you can do about it: pure luck of the draw.
Limited decks are NOT like that! I think.
Every draw is about the same, strength-wise. It depends on how skillful you are and what risks you are willing to take. With current, OP deck? There's 4-5 cards that stand above all others. With Nation decks it's how lucky you get with combinations (same as OP cards really). So again a few cards above all else and you win! The rest are "support" cards or specialty ones with Spy, Scorched or Captured.

Blah blah, past my bed-time! zzzz
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FS_KZK » 25 May 2016, 07:45

Hi 5 cats.
Of course I don't know the exact numbers. Only the devs know.
And of course rating and rank are simular.
But we are here in forums technical support.
The problem: gusgus can't find a match.
Why? His rating is to high ( because the big steps in rating from 1 to 11) to face other players even they are in top 25. So I think pull in the rank makes sense for this problem. So he can face players in top 15 even his rating is much higher and he can play again.
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby gusgus78 » 25 May 2016, 13:45

Hello!

Exactly what FS_KZK says.

I thought about creating this topic because I have noticed that since the last update (or at least I think this), my ability to find opponents in PvP battles has decreased, and I only find around 7 or 8 bots per day; what has made me wonder if it really worth trying to be in the ranking to change significantly fewer battles per day.

Perhaps the PvP algorithm has not changed and coincidentally I've noticed it since the update. What is certain is that now I do about 7-8 daily battles when before was averaging 10-20 per day.

Only that.

Greetings.
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Next

Return to Technical Support