Vanishing Cards! Holy Cow!

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Vanishing Cards! Holy Cow!

Postby 5Cats » 20 May 2016, 06:43

Hi again!

I was looking at 5_boredcats cards... he has a terribly LOW number of: Me-262, Me-109 and He-219 Uhu... there's only 4 of each? How can that be? I'm sure there were WAY more before! I never sold one of them, so where did they go?

I am ABSOLUTELY SURE there were more than 5 of Me-262 and Me-109. They always showed up on "Craft Available" every time! I was considering a German Deck and looked closely at the aircraft: there were equal numbers of those and the Fw-190 at the time: 8+ EASY. I still have 13 Focke Wolfs!

Those are just one's I've noticed, I haven't had a long look at them all since I saw some missing (work and stuff). (Edit: every closer look finds more missing cards!)

Also impossible: 2x Epic Tigers, 1x Epic Shiden-Kai, I KNOW I had 2! I had 2x ALL the Duty cards except Submarine, in both accounts. There's ONLY 2x Epic Truppen, 3rd Assault, Desert Rats, La-7, Tiger, M4 Sherman, Type 5 Chi-Ri, Firefly... positive I had a bunch, MINUMUM of 3-6 EACH! Easily. I did NOT sell them all, there were a pile of each! Much more than 2.

I sold Epic Russian Medals and T-34 from 5Cats a long time ago: I had 12+ each, useless! But I'm sure I kept 3-5 at that time, and have not sold any since... for 5_boredcats to have so few is not possible.

For all those cards to be below what I remember? It's a BIG problem! I did not sell them, I would keep 3-5 of each at minimum! Even if they're Epic. I was waiting for the price to go up too. So where did the all go?? That's just a quick look! This is bad...

A quick look at 5Cats shows many missing Epics... this is terrible! :oops: I saved all those cards for ages!!

It seems to only be Epic cards? (Edit: NOPE!) But IDK if Legends are missing, the Rare & under seem fine (Edit NOPE!)...

EDIT: looking at 5_boredcats items& orders? There's a crap-ton missing there too!

Epics again: Thompson? I only have 1, I had 2x every Duty card I'm sure.
Pak 43 x3? I had 5+ easy. It was my second Epic! I clearly remember because 5Cats didn't have any at that time. ;) I never sold one in a year+ now.

Rare: Supply Crates =2? Not a chance. I never sold any, would have kept 12 regardless!!! There should be 8+
Same for Penicillin = 3. And Medical Equipment! An Uncommon. Several other item cards with only 3x of them.
1x Desert gear? 1x Desert Fighting? Nope! There absolutely should be 2+ each. I farmed Gazala Hard to get 2x Afrika, I picked up 3-5 of each EASY. The second Afrika came late, but Ramcke was early for Bored...

3x Confusion, 3x Scorched, 2x Flying Ace? I know I had more of each, minimum 5! I never sold any!! I get Flying Ace every week it seems!

Concentrated Fire x3? Also low are: Search & Destroy, Medical Tent, Gruella Warfare, maybe Spy? There's NO possible way they were all that low. I keep 12 minimum!
This is a real disaster!
I'm not a "heppy ket" at this time!!! :x
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Vanishing Cards! Holy Cow!

Postby mtormo » 20 May 2016, 08:57

Hey,

If we're talking that you don't find one card or you couldn't claim one card, it would be easy to investigate. I've checked one of your accounts as an example and I can see that you used more than 200 times the recycle option with a lot of cards on each recycle.

A missing card usually means that you gain it and then you're disconnected from the server and the information is not saved or you sell the card, a case where some cards are missing seems really strange and difficult to check from our logs.

Could it be the case that you have fewer copies that you remember of some of the cards and the other cards were recycled? or maybe a confusion with both accounts?

If you give me a list of cards I'll check them with the last times that you used recycle to find them, but you need to know that this will take a lot of time.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 20 May 2016, 14:53

Hi Mr. Mtormo!

There's no real rush, I'm not likely to try to craft those particular cards soon, but it is a shock!

I've sold off a lot of cards over the months! But since the Crafting started I've kept 12 of all Rare & under for sure! And at least 3 of Epics too. Just because I'm a pack-rat... cat.

So that list above mostly covers 5_Boredcats. There's just a LOT of cards with low numbers, they stand out! I would never sell off crafting cards like the Me109 or Me262, especially since I keep hoping to make a German deck, eh? I distinctly remember seeing them as "Craft Available" many times, and that their number was roughly equal to the Fw-190 (also craftable eh?) which I have 12+ of. Now there's only 4, and I didn't craft any, I have no Elite versions! Some cards got crafted of course, like Green Devils, so they have a low number, no worries! And others are just hard to find, like Grosserdeutchland and 1st and 2nd Marines, so they have low numbers too for Bored. 5Cats has a pile of Grosser, it's just random, I know!

>>> And the cards from the Duty shop? I had 2x every one of them in both accounts, except the Legend, for certain. It would be silly to sell off one. (5Cats has 6 Lancasters, that's not an issue.) It's the same for the Desert Gear and Desert Fighting: there ought to be 2 at the absolute minimum! Like everyone else, I got piles of them while looking (in Bored's case) for Afrika Corps.

It's possible, even likely, that 1-2 Epics would have only a few cards, it's highly random after all! And Bored hasn't found a single American Medal yet, 5Cats can't find one of the American Epics too. But that many? And ones I don't remember as being low like that? Even if I sold them, I'd keep 2 at the least! I've always done that, even when I was selling everything with the "sell extra cards" button. So for there to just be 1 of anything (except brand new cards of course!) is highly unlikely.

I don't know how to fix or restore them, how many of each should there be? I don't really know. 3-5 range for sure, but some simply might have been harder to find. It's not terribly important except for Crafting, which might not even happen, and Epics aren't used for that anyhow. If you can look up which were sold & when? That would be amazing! If I did sell them off & forgot that would be alarming, because it makes no sense at all. Or see a stored number (image?) from a few weeks ago? Are such things possible? IDK, I'm not a computer-smart guy.

>>>Again there's no rush! Low priority. But if it's happening to my 2x accounts it's probably happening to many others as well eh? I only glanced at 5Cats cards, but there seemed to be a bunch missing there too. I have little time today, I can take a longer look over the weekend.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Assassin » 20 May 2016, 15:30

5Cats wrote:>>>Again there's no rush! Low priority. But if it's happening to my 2x accounts it's probably happening to many others as well eh? I only glanced at 5Cats cards, but there seemed to be a bunch missing there too. I have little time today, I can take a longer look over the weekend.

Not wanting to make it hard on you...just adding info as i usually do on many posts...

All seems ok in my card list...i have TONS of cards as i stopped selling them when crafting was introduced...i still have 15 cards of some useless ones...and lots of others...
THAT SAID...back when we had the vanishing platoon points bug, some players had it worse than others...

ODD it is both your accounts...device specific bug?

Pieter might help...he keeps track of all his cards...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby 5Cats » 21 May 2016, 00:58

Hi Assassin, just a PC using IE and Kong.

Yeah, some bugs hit the same person over and over, it's weird. It's not Platoon-specific though, the "auto-kick" bug (for example) hit several guys in several platoons, it just happened that 2 were War Cats. The Platoon Points Vanishing bug hit a LOT of players!
This potential new bug seems to have hit 5_boredcats much harder than 5Cats, eh? Just at first glance.

I do recall selling some Epics, (aside from 5Cats who piled up 12-14 Russian Medals and T-34... I sold those down to 3-4 each eh? ) but that was ages ago, and I'm positive I kept 3-4 of each at a minimum. Like I said, there's no way I'd sell off Crafting Cards like that! Or any card with less than 12, not until I had 2x Elite of them anyhow. I've been keeping all the Legends for ages too. I think I sold my 4th Horton? Or 5th one? Otherwise none that I recall.

The possible answers I can think of are:
- terrible memory (unlikely given the Craft nature & sheer number of low cards)
- late night intoxication (slightly more likely, lolz! But again it shouldn't have happened to craft cards or any others below Rare and 12 of them)
- purely random low numbers (extremely unlikely, but possible) mixed with bad memory & some selling a while back.
+ cards have simply vanished (I think some have for certain, so the rest could have as well)

Note: It's Bored5Cats (kong name) and 5_boredcats (PvP name) most affected, referred to as "Bored" here. 5Cats is 5Cats everywhere I go :)
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mtormo » 23 May 2016, 10:07

Hey,

I've checked your account and I can't see anything wrong with your account (checking your collection through the past months). The only card that I found in your recycle list would be one Focke-Wulf FW 190.

Best Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 23 May 2016, 14:36

Yes, I've gone through and sold off #13 and over of any cards.

Was that for 5_boredcats? He only has 8 I think? (I'll check later & edit) ...5Cats has 12+ and for sure has sold some extras.
Edit: I guess so! Thanks for sending a Fw-190 ;)

That was the reason I noticed: the Me109, Me262 were craft cards, I'm positive I had enough to make an Elite before. Then the He-2-19 and Supply Crates became craftable, and I have only 4 and 2 of them! And low numbers of a ton of other cards, it just doesn't seem possible to have that many with such low numbers! I (hopefully, that I can remember) haven't sold any off since Crafting began, even ones that weren't crafty yet should have 12 before selling them.

It could just be "account confusion" but...

Back later, cannot log-in to check. There are some specific cards I think are missing. I have listed most of them already, but in general all those Epic cards with only 2 each? I planned to keep 3 minimum even if I sold the extras. Will edit more in after.

Wouldn't it be nice to have identity numbers for cards? And an application to change the numbers into the names using copy-paste? :)

Edit: There's 4 cards with only 1 of each: Shiden-Kai & Thompson (Duty Store) AND Desert Gear & Desert Fighting (Gazala)
>I'm positive I bought 2x every Duty Card (except the Legend) for both accounts! I had nothing better to do one afternoon... and after all those repetitions of Hard Gazala, I'm positive I had 2x those item too! I should have a pile of them, unless I got them before Crafting started, then 2 for sure, not 1.

Super-low numbers for items: Supply Crates (2) Penicillin (3) and Medical Supplies (3). Even Entrenching Tool (5, one recent) is low...
Orders: Captured, Search & Destroy, Medical Tent, Guerrilla Warfare, again those aren't things I'd sell, I'd keep them! (Concentrated Fire is fine: I made 2x Elites)

Capitulation: Like many Epic cards? This number is way too low: I'm absolutely positive I had 4+ because 5Cats had zero for the longest time! I'd laugh every time 5_boredcats got another one. But it was only 2! 1 more recently added. MANY Epics have only 2, or 3 with one added recently, Units, Items and Orders too.

It's possible I sold extra Epics off & forgot about doing it? But if you guys scanned my selling list and I didn't? Then where did they go? Because THAT many with only 2 just isn't possible. Especially when I distinctly remember having piles of certain ones. And I planned to keep 3-5 of each Epic regardless, just for fun.

Black Sheep has 2, 1 is brand new. That could be random since it's a fairly new card.

La-7 has 2? I had a bunch of them, same for all the other Russian Epics from several Hard S-Grad wins. (Of course 5Cats had a ton more S-Grad, looking for that 2nd Howitzer eh?)

Grosserdeutchland, 1st & 2nd Marines: none are missing, that's OK. And some have low numbers because I crafted 5 of them!
Courageous has only 4? Type-97, J2M Raiden and 13th Guards have low numbers too.

Anyhow: The most that are 'missing cards' are Epics, and those cannot get crafted anyhow so it's not too important.

Again: it's possible I sold off extra Epics & forgot. BUT those other missing cards are not something I'd sell off! No matter how groggy or stupid I was... I'd never sell them down to 1 example, especially the Duty Shop and Gazala ones!! A pain in the butt to replace eh? And keeping 12 of each for rare & under was my plan all along, since crafting started.

I cannot log in as 5Cats yet... if there's significant numbers missing I'll make a new reply here. I recall there weren't too many suspicious there though.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 23 May 2016, 15:38

I'm long-winded when I'm gulping down my morning coffee, eh? :lol:

Got in as 5Cats: There's several Epic Units with only 2? Which seems odd. But mostly they have numbers I'd expect, like 3-5.

The Type-97 has only 4 (1 is new) like 5_boredcats had...
US 2nd Armoured has 7... which seems high but I get SO many of those!! Same for US M3 Lee (5)
Japanese 8th Division "Cedar" has 3? I guess having one low number card is entirely possible...

So 5Cats doesn't seem to be missing anything, random numbers can easily explain his card amounts. Just 5_boredcats is missing stuff... sold or vanished is the question! They both should really have very similar amounts of cards of ALL rarities!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support