League hard missions

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

League hard missions

Postby Pieterr » 02 May 2016, 10:20

Hello again,

About almost a year ago you've introduced Gazala. At that time we were able to choose between 4 dungeons. Then you've decided to bring back these choices to only 2 dungeons each week. The available dungeons ought to change every week. But they don't. Sometimes they change on wednesday, sometimes thursday, sometimes at friday. Sometimes like now (not at all).
The reason why I bring this to your attention is that you've also introduced a league. When you introduce a league, you should take care of players getting a fair competition.
I know Skuzi (Aleman) has a pretty good idea how to beat the Iwo Jimo mission (hard). I prefer to play D-day.
If someone gets to play his/her favourite mission longer than others can do than they'll be able to outrank others on the ladder who can't. To my opinion this is not fair. I hope you'll see my point in this.

Cheers!
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Re: League hard missions

Postby Assassin » 02 May 2016, 10:35

I agree. I know how to win Stalingrad...i do even better at Iwo.
I am not very good at DDay or Gazala...:)

So...players are different...oddly enough...even KNOWING the tactics, there are some imponderable (instincts, luck, whatever) that make different players better at different dungeons...

I am not very worried as i usually get one of the ones i can beat all the time...
Still...it tilts the playing field...so i agree with Pieterr.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby bigfatrasta » 02 May 2016, 15:07

Pieterr wrote:... To my opinion this is not fair. I hope you'll see my point in this......

Who said anything about the competition beeing fair?

PvP is determined also by who can find the most opponents and Who is lucky enough to not run into a freeze or disconnect bug.....
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 02 May 2016, 16:02

Hi guys!

While the top prizes are pretty nice? After that it's rather trivial, eh? Getting an Officer Pak and 50 gold after winning 19 Hard Missions? It's just for fun & bragging rights eh? :lol:

There's some sort of problem with the Mission Rotation, and the Devs are all working on the nasty connection bug, they say. Which is the #1 priority as it should be.

I eat Gazala Medium for breakfast: almost always finish with 50+ and haven't lost in a long while. Med S-grad is pretty easy too, but Med Iwo and D-Day are very nearly as difficult as Hard! For far lower rewards. I beat Hard S-Grad pretty regularly: 19/27 this past season (I kept track for fun). I do OK at IWO & D-Day too but it's so frustrating... Hard Gazala is just murderous, no reason on Earth to play it once you have Ramcke and 2x Afrika...
Losses come in bunches, I have no explanation why: The RNG demands a sacrifice?

I hear that Rasta! It's fun to have Elites, for sure! But they're just as hard to get as Legends, and it once again means that "who draws the most OP cards the fastest" wins! If your first turn is crappy? It's like the Missions: pretty much doomed.

For example: Against the same guy (a tough one! Top-25) he went first twice with his British Deck: both times Busters & Bombe! Sheesh!
When I went first the third match (mixed Germans and Americans)? E-14th (free deploy) Afrika, E-Grosser (promotes Afrika) Bren Gun (E-Z Equip) for my 2 AP! Nearly a perfect draw! Add Bombe and any other item for a 6 card 2 AP first turn, lolz!! It was a bloody massacre after that, he had 1 poor draw, game over.

Still? I'm glad we have Elites! Something fun besides an "Orange Tide" to work for.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Pieterr » 02 May 2016, 16:06

There are dozens of posts about PvP not being fair for different reasons;
There are dozens of posts about cards being overpowered;
There are enough post about prices you get for selling cards back to the computer which is not fair.
There are many more posts about gameplay, tactics, having or not having legendary cards etc, etc,... All not fair, discussable, doubtable and plenty of other opinions players may have on all of these different subjects.

Just because all of these things are (or are not) fair to somebody doesn't mean we can't discuss it on this forum. The subject of this thread is about the league hard missions and about it being fair or not.
If you have difficulties with the PvP not being fair, I'd appreciate it when you'd reply on a thread handling that subject. No offense!
When PvP or anything else is considered not being fair, it shouldn't be a reason or an excuse for not trying to improve a different/other issue of the game, in this case: the hard mission league.
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby bigfatrasta » 02 May 2016, 23:48

Hi piet,
I dont doubt the "legality" of your reasoning one bit nor do i want to justify one injustice with an other......

Apparently my misantropic sarcasm was just lost on you.

My example of the pvp was just to increase the "doubt" to why one should expect the game to be fair! My intention was clearly NOT to further a reasonable discussion or even suggest improvement, heaven forbid!!!

I am just a pissed player, fed up with all the shortcomings of the game expressing his overall state of mind .....

bfr :D
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 03 May 2016, 09:09

Hey guys,

You're correct and we're taking steps to change how the Mission rotation works. We'll do an automatic system so all Missions are available the same amount of time, we're still deciding if we keep a weekly rotation or go with a smaller rotation like 1-day Mission change.

I'll keep you posted about this. ;)
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 03 May 2016, 09:51

Hey mtormo,

I'm glad to hear that improvements are on their way.
Thanks!!
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby Assassin » 03 May 2016, 16:37

mtormo wrote:Hey guys,

You're correct and we're taking steps to change how the Mission rotation works. We'll do an automatic system so all Missions are available the same amount of time, we're still deciding if we keep a weekly rotation or go with a smaller rotation like 1-day Mission change.

I'll keep you posted about this. ;)

If you use 1 week i will have to TRY some of the missions i dont like so much sometimes...play more on the "good" weeks...once or twice on the "bad" weeks...
If you use 1 day i will probably gather the funds and play only on the days i get the mission i want...

I dont really have a preference...just letting you know how players will probably do it...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby 5Cats » 05 May 2016, 21:40

A 2 day or 3 day Mission rotation would be nice, especially after the 5th dungeon is in place! (It needs to stay up for 2 whole weeks first though!)

That way you'd have 4-6 days to play your favorite, but only have to wait a short time until it comes back around. Not 3-4 weeks! A daily rotation might not be as fun for those not on every single day, eh?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support