Minor Thing: Duplicate PvP Names

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Minor Thing: Duplicate PvP Names

Postby 5Cats » 11 Apr 2016, 13:58

Hi!

Very minor! But might be related to another bug:

There's 2x 'Lastrites' on the PvP Rate List, 11 & 14. They have different win totals.

There's a lot of discussion (in Cheater Reports) about duplicate player names, how sometimes we meet players without a Platoon with the same name as active guys who are in platoons, eh? And they disconnect & we lose...

Also: Lastrites got the "Kick from Platoon" bug! But it re-admitted him automatically and restored all his points (yay!) so that's good! He was pretty upset! He's leading the Platoon in scoring!

I recall that Redrain had 2x Rate names a while back? He too has been hit by the auto-kick bug. Another player (koala?) has had the double name, I wonder if that same bug hits him too?

:arrow: Perhaps there's some sort of connection between all 3 bugs? The player gets kicked, re-admitted, and the PvP ranks get the double entry because of that? And while he's "auto-kicked" his PvP status shows no Platoon? All could be related to connection issues... just my guess!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Minor Thing: Duplicate PvP Names

Postby FS_KZK » 12 Apr 2016, 02:02

Hi 5 Cats,
Can you please Ask Lastrites whats going on there?
I Played him and saw the same than against oddkid. He played Brandenburgers at a place where a card was (Lancaster elite). The card gone away and Brandenburgers were on it but the Brands took no effekt (destroying unit). Next turn I Atacked the Brandenburgers with a Commando 2 Elite. In the Time where the Battle was the Lancaster cames up, destroyed Comando and after the batte the Brandenburgers were there again...
Verry Strange everything. But the real strange thing comes now:
I wrote in global Chat if he sees it too or its a failure at my device. He DC and lost. The same time Planet wrote in global chat "hi las disconnect"
Then I chatted in Global chat with Planet and he saied he played lastrites but i played him too. I won by DC and planet reported he played him same Time and his screen froze...
How can he play 2 such strange Games at the same time? It was 2 times his Deck, British with a few germans (Brandenburger, Hetzer).

Can you please ask him whats was going on There? And if he dont know say him to change password. For me it looks like his account is hacked or copyed or so. I Know he is a fair player. And i dont understand why someone should hack such a game like this here... Is someone hacking accounts to pull them down and get better rating? To much work for this i think. Or is his deck and Name in a Bot? Dont think, he was playing good, not like AI does

This all happened about 30 min. ago

Edit: My game was the real Lastrites with his Picture and PussyCat platoon
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 12 Apr 2016, 22:09

Hi Kzk!

Lastrites is a real person! He chats a lot in Platoon, but not on Kong.

I played him a few times long ago when he was new, he put up a brave fight! When we had some openings and I saw his name, I accepted him because I remembered him :) and now he's a Tiger! He's leading our Platoon, currently.

He mentioned in P-Chat that he played Planet and that Planet had 4-5 Dambusters in his deck? 3 on the board at once? I suspect everyone involved had connection issues, causing many bugs. Or the Elite Dambusters are buggy...

Anyhow, there's only 1 of him in our Platoon, for sure! So if the 'other one' has no Icon or Platoon it's either his account with bad connection or a copy-cat account of some kind? But not his, he plays a lot with the real (War Cats) one, when would he have time?

Also: I'm sure the #15 lastrites with 1507 and 88 wins is a 'ghost' not a copy or imposter. I don't think the wins have increased in a few days...? This has happened before to several players. The 'ghost' name in the list. If the numbers stay fixed? that's what it is.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FS_KZK » 12 Apr 2016, 22:28

I Know that lastrites is a real person and a good player and he dont cheat. But Planet and i Played him the SAME Time and had DC at the SAME time...
Not after each other, the SAME Time!!!!
I saw His picture (tatooed Arm in Car) and his platoon.
I Only wanted to say, that something verry strange is going on there. Maybe someone hacked or stole his account.
Or He saw the game against planet and i played with.
So he played planet, I saw his turns and played gainst him too. Maybe an error on the Server. Dont know. Maybe planet destroyed his plane in his Game and i Dont. So he played Brandenburgers above the plane because in the other Game it was away...
I saw Game: Hunter-Lastrites
Planet saw Game: Planet - Lastrites
Lastrites saw Game : Planet - Lastrites
Or the Devs copy his account and made a Bot of it? But i dont think...

Looks like a verry strange technical error or so...

I dont know it really, but i think the Devs should have a look at. The Theory with a "3Player-Game" is the most logical i Think. Lastrites connected 2 players same time....

Edit: Il looked in Platoon stats while waiting for turn, it was 100% youre Platoon. I know you ;)

Edit 2: Thanks for youre Help. I Think i know what was going on. Lastrites connected us 2 the same time. If we play a unit on the same slot they were put over each other. if not we play more units and used 6 AP istead of 3. That would also explain the 4 DammBusters... 2 from me and 2 from Planet ;), In one game he desroyed them in the oter Game not. So it could be he saw 5... Verry tricky everything.
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 14 Apr 2016, 01:15

No worries KzK! I have questions too, but Lastrites isn't running copies of himself, it's just not happening.

A bug? A connection error? Some other weird random flaws? Those are entirely possible!!

Especially since he reported (before I read this - I read it in our chat) that he'd seen very strange stuff when playing Planet too! And had a disconnection there. It was time-marked around the same time you wrote this, iirc.

The 'ghost' in the PvP Rankings is also evidence that some weird stuff happened to cause him to play two people at once, at least I think so. It has happened a few other times to other players, the Devs said it was just an error, not a second account with the same names...

And even if he were hacked? They could not log in under the same name, with the same account, at the same time. It's just impossible. I run 2 accounts (perfectly ok!) and I know! Lolz! You just cannot do it unless bugs are somehow involved.

And finally, if he did have 2 accounts? Then he'd need to have 2 spots in the Platoon to collect any possible gains from that. Right? I think so.

He doesn't score nearly as much as 5-8 other guys, and I see him being highly active in raids, missions and PvP to earn his Platoon Points. He has one heck of a strong deck! And plays it very well!
(I taught him everything he knows!)
:arrow: (No I didn't, lolz! That's just a joke! He learned like the rest of us: the hard way.)

Edit: I just looked: Lastrites has scored a bunch in PvP, but the 'ghost' still has the same numbers as before. It's slipping off the top-25 list! I thought I'd mention this before it does. His top number matches his current Platoon number too.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FS_KZK » 14 Apr 2016, 02:48

Sorry for my bad English.
On edit 2 I wanted to say the same, that he played with planet and I loged in in the Game. He played planet and I saw his moves and played him too. If I didn't destroy a unit and planet does the cards went over each other...

So we got a 3 player game. Seems like a verry rare error.
I didn't know, that the devs know, that something like this is possible.
Looks like my strange game against oddkid was the same...
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Return to Technical Support