Redemption-Spying ability interaction

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Redemption-Spying ability interaction

Postby wolf » 23 Feb 2016, 20:18

Just noticed a strange thing.
My elite Fallschirm Division got it´s abilites removed, then on my turn i promoted it to rank3.
The Redemption ability didn`t trigger and i can see why, still wondering if this is intended or not??

cheers
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Redemption-Spying ability interaction

Postby nAFAI » 24 Feb 2016, 12:17

It's working as intended,

He had the ability on it's Rank 2, if you check details you will see that on Rank 3 he doesnt have the Redemption ability (for obvious reasons) that's why it don't trigger when promoting from 2 to 3 if he has been "spied".

Hope this helps,

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby bigfatrasta » 24 Feb 2016, 17:15

on a related matter:

my lvl 3 gustav was spyed and naturally moved to the frontlines, but was still unable to be equipped. with the "heavy" gone, ewquipping should be possible now ....
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 24 Feb 2016, 20:58

bigfatrasta wrote:on a related matter:

my lvl 3 gustav was spyed and naturally moved to the frontlines, but was still unable to be equipped. with the "heavy" gone, ewquipping should be possible now ....

That would make it more dangerous to Spy it than to leave it alone! Lolz! It should stay that way, for sure.

I can see why the Fallschirm didn't do it's ability, as it had been removed at the time it was upgraded.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bigfatrasta » 24 Feb 2016, 21:53

5Cats wrote:

That would make it more dangerous to Spy it than to leave it alone! Lolz! It should stay that way, for sure....

Maybe but if the rules are applied as they are it should be possible to equip. Otherwise a spyed / MONTYed Gustav is not only useless, but also hard to remove, equipping him atleast gives him the chance of a minimal use.

We really need some clearity here!

Another non-working ability is the application of "confusion"
While ARMOR is applied MAchine gun is not! I do not expect Brutality to damage a "confused" unit to damage life but if the defensive abilities work so should the offenive ones....
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 25 Feb 2016, 01:29

Rasta: Play balance!
Confusion is already a powerful tool: If it caused 2x Damage from Machineguns then EVERY Machinegun using unit would be utterly destroyed, regardless of defense.

I guess the Gustav's negative 'ability' isn't removed by Spy? If it vanishes from the card that's just a graphic issue, eh?

Why is Mad Jack's ability not lowered by Armour? Arrows have more penetration than a 128mm? :o
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RedRain » 25 Feb 2016, 06:52

If the "super structure" ability is removed, nothing should prevent the item use. The rules should be the same for eveyone: gustav, flying submarine or any other card
RedRain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby wolf » 25 Feb 2016, 07:08

The spy ability is tricky in general. Spied on Airplanes still get no damage from the Horten bomber for example.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby nAFAI » 25 Feb 2016, 13:06

That's the only unintended behaviour I have seen so far here, it will be trick as we had to do a special trick to add this requirement to the Gustav but we will see what we can do about that.

wolf wrote:The spy ability is tricky in general. Spied on Airplanes still get no damage from the Horten bomber for example.

Being an airplane is not an ability it's a card category (same as faction) that's why Spy doesn't remove that, as stated it works only on abilities.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support