flame-thrower

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

flame-thrower

Postby Pieterr » 22 Feb 2016, 09:11

Hello,

I've got a question,...
If you equip a rank 3 blitzkrieg unit with a flame-thrower what is/should be the game-effect?
Should it or should it not destroy the opposing infantry unit after it has done its (blitzkrieg) damage?

The way I read the card, the opposing infantry unit should get killed. If so than please take a look at this card because it doesn't.
If the game effect is intended otherwise than please explain to me how this card is supposed to be read.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Pieter
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Re: flame-thrower

Postby RedRain » 22 Feb 2016, 12:49

It is written " after the combat destroys opposite unit", so if you attack player's HP with a blitzkrieg unit, it is not a combat with opposite unit.
RedRain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Pieterr » 22 Feb 2016, 17:59

It says:"At the end of the combat, unit destroys opposing R (1,2,3) Infantry unit."
So what is "At the end of the combat?"

We've seen Bazooka (which is also "at the end of the combat") destroying armor though it was attached to a plane and not dealing damage to the opposing armor in front of it.

So maybe you're right, maybe you're not.
I suggest you leave the answering to this question to a developer (no offense)
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby Toyyon » 22 Feb 2016, 18:05

Combat means unit vs. unit combat.
Dealing damage to the face doesn't count for these abilities to trigger.
The bazooka plane only destroys a frontline tank if it gets blocked by a unit on the support line and gets involved in a combat by that afaik.
Same should apply to the flamethrower.
Toyyon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby 5Cats » 22 Feb 2016, 18:17

Hi Pieter:

RedRain is correct: Some effects come "after combat" not during.

In D-Day mission? If a r-2 Mustang (for example) with Bazooka is facing a r-2 Panther with a r-1 Wirblewind (AA) behind it? It fights the Wirblewind (8 attack vs 5 defense) THEN it fights the Panther too! The Special Effect from Bazooka hit it, not the plane's Aattack number.
This is intentional.

Another example (much more common) An r-1 infantry (say a 4-4) with an r-2 artillery behind it (say 6-9) faces a r-1 Lee (3-6) or Brombar (2-3) (both with kills infantry ability) The combat goes: Artillery attack, Front Rank attack, defender's counter attack, special effects. (or something like that)
If the Lee/Brombar doesn't survive the artillery attack? It doesn't do the Special Attack on the front rank infantry. Even though the Front Rank unit takes damage from the fight.
Again: this is intentional.

Even though if a (for example) 8-8 r-1 Infantry were to fight the r-1 Lee/Brombar alone? Because there isn't any artillery involved? Both would be destroyed.

Another example: The new Ranger self-promotion comes after combat, but before "Shock" effect which is at the end of the Turn! Thus (I think: haven't checked it out yet) if an r-1 Ranger attacked a r-1 Lee/Brombar? It would be destroyed before it could self-promote to r-2 (which would negate the Flamethrower effect). At least I hope that's the case!

Toyyon makes an interesting observation:
If a Blitz unit is in front, and a artillery behind it attacks a defender? The defending unit's damage and abilities do NOT effect the Blitzing unit OR the artillery.
But the reverse is not true: an Aircraft in front attacks over a front-rank defender and does combat with the back-rank one? The special effects apply to both defenders.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support