Raid Damage Not Recorded Properly

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Raid Damage Not Recorded Properly

Postby 5Cats » 13 Feb 2016, 18:28

Hi!

Bored5cats (5_boredcats in PvP) finished a Medium Solo Raid, got the Rewards, I went back to decide on Easy or Hard next...

There's the Medium Raid, with 2 life! :shock:

http://imgur.com/oA1PI6x

I defeated it on the 3rd turn? It only had 40 life to start, and when the victory screen came up it said I did 64 damage... which I thought was odd.

Perhaps I'll get another reward for it?
Actually? I thought I defeated it yesterday, but that may have been 5cats... I know one did for sure, but thought both accounts had done so. One had a ticket left over, even, iirc.

And you need a flashy Victory Screen to celebrate a Raid being defeated!

Update: yup! Gave me another victory! But now it shows "Completed". Makes up for the lost tickets last week, eh? I almost didn't finish the Solo because of that! 2 lost tickets, it was tight.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Raid Damage Not Recorded Properly

Postby nAFAI » 15 Feb 2016, 15:09

That's really odd indeed...

We will look into that to see what could be the cause, sometimes it takes a while to proccess the damage done but shoudlnt take longer than 5 seconds... we will see what we can investigate.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 15 Feb 2016, 15:30

I wasn't playing all that fast, and there was an overnight in between the last Raid (I'm sure I beat it with ticket #4) and the next day when it said there was 40 life left. I for sure beat it, collected the rewards, then it said 2 life left.

I HAVE seen this happen too: You're doing damage, it registers, then it goes back UP again, then it registers, but the numbers pop-up further to the left and a little lower... it does that last thing all the time, but I haven't noticed the remaining life go down, then up, then down again, before.
Perhaps it has? I just didn't notice? But I noticed that time! It was (something close to) 6774, then 6669, then 6774 again, and back down to 6669, which was the final score and correctly appeared on the ending screen.

Yes, ~105 damage :lol: that turn! It was a good day. 343 total? Not my record, but still excellent!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 17 Feb 2016, 23:02

Wednesday, 3:50PM Central time:

Did a Solo Raid, looked at the ending page (I always check that now! It's been weird so often) And I see this:

Ugh! I ruined my screen shot, oops!

Anyhow: It said Damage Done: 148 but clearly showed the remaining life as 150 down. Since it was the first time Raiding it? It should have said 150 Damage OR 2052 life remaining.

Now I look and it shows 2064 life!

http://imgur.com/XTFq6TB

I'm 100% sure of these numbers: It showed 148 Damage done, 2050 life remaining (that's what it was at the end of the last day in the Raid) and now this.

Edit: It did it again! Added 4 life after the Raid was over.

http://imgur.com/a/siB4U

Let's see if it adds even more when I play Raid Ticket #3? Nope, still has 1891 in the new Raid. :|

Edit: Now it's done it a 3rd time:

http://imgur.com/a/TyFpe

At around 4:50pm Central time.

So it added wrong 3 times out of 4, always to my detriment, making my Hard Solo Raids even harder! :x

NOTE: This does explain the weird thing that happened last week: I'd finished the Raid, but the next day it was still there with 40 life. I finished that, and it was still there with 2 life. (On another Forum post) If it's adding life after the match is over? It would explain that. Is it widespread or just 'lucky me'?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nAFAI » 18 Feb 2016, 12:26

It's really really strange, that's why I asked if you were using any special cards, perhaps is one kind of damage that is not being calculated after being inflicted? We will keep an eye on this one. Please keep telling us your thoughts and situations to see if we can find out the cause.
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 18 Feb 2016, 15:18

It seems that each turn shows the correct damage: I do 24, the blue, purple or grey number 24 pops up, then it comes up again further to the left & lower... it gets calculated the very first time it pops up, but I've seen (mentioned in another thread) the AI life go down, then up, then back down again: for the one damage done!

It gets pretty busy when it's calculating a bunch of damages, I can't do math that fast to see if it is adding/subtracting correctly!

It's pretty much a 'set deck' with tons of infantry with inherent Brutality (Elite Grosser) or items with Brutality. I'm throwing the Russian Howitzer on all sorts of cards! Monty, B-17, Ramcke... lolz! Occasionally I have to play Not One Step... I don't think any other Orders I use cause Leader damage...

It has happened in both the German and Russian Raids, so it's really weird! And seems to happen a lot! Now that I'm looking for it specifically... of course with Team Raids it's hard to tell: but if it goes up there I'll mention it too. Pretty hard for the AI Life to rise because another player is engaged with it... could happen though.

Raiding now! And keeping a close eye on the damages...
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 18 Feb 2016, 16:10

First Raid: 5Cats Solo Hard: Error. (9:05 AM Central time)

End screen said 1331 life left: Now it has 1341 life. Lived to the end, no Not One Step played, no idea why it happened.

Team Raid: Expert: No error. 16,653 end score on all 3 places. (End of turn, the ending screen and the pop-up to select that Raid)
I'm always assuming the end-of-turn score is the correct one, eh? But can't check every math function the program does...

2nd Solo Raid: Correct score.

2nd Team Raid: Correct score. 16,500

3rd Solo Raid: Error! 959 became 989! +30! Holy cow. I do recall seeing a '30' damage towards the end...
Units involved were: Afrika (Howitzer, Browning) 109th (Mosin, Vampyr) Ramcke, Montgomery and Tortoise. All the infantry had lots of buffs, the 109th had been hit with the -5 several times, the Ramcke once, and then the Tortoise on the last turn...

3rd Team Raid: Error! On the final turn? It had 16,395 and I did 87 damage: 27 from Afrika (Browning, Bren) 28 from Marines (Mosin) and 32 from Marines (Howitzer) behind those Marines, and lots of buff :)
It was 40-13, 40-12 and 32 all from Brutality.

However? The score ended at 16,336! Not 16,508 as it should have. +28 life. The Marines with Mosin's Brutality damage? That would explain A LOT as I frequently have Mosin out there! But it seems to have properly counted it's damage up to that point, only the last turn was messed up, as far as I could tell.

Damage Done = 227 says the end screen. But 16,500 - 227 = 16,273! Not 16,336! A difference of... 63 whopping points!! That could be the total of Brutality done by the Mosin... the AI kept throwing 2-10 in front of it & promoting them...

It might be that the updated Mosin (it didn't use to have Brutality, eh?) isn't functioning in the Raids? That would be horrible!!

I'll keep track of ALL the damage done by Mosin, and see what comes up. 2 Raids left.

4th Solo Raid: Correct! 756 life at the end. 989 - 233 Damage done = correct.
The Afrika with Mosin & Browning did a lot of damage, both straight shots and Brutality. It seems to have all been counted correctly.

4th Team Raid: 16,336 - 225 = 16,111 Correct!
Didn't do any damage with Mosin, played Not One Step 1x to clear away a 13 point defender.

Well, time for 5_Boredcats to Raid! Lolz!

Solo Raids: +10, 0, +30, 0 = AI has +40 life
Team Raids: 0, 0, +28, 0 = AI has 28 extra life. There might have been more miscounted damage in Raids 1 & 2 that were undetected.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 18 Feb 2016, 18:06

5_Boredcats: Starting around 11:00AM Central

1st Solo = Correct. Mosin did a lot of damage, but it was all added properly.

1st Team: Error! On the 4th turn I did: 16,075 - 4, 36 & 5 = 16,030, right? But the life was 16,040. Nothing did 10 damage, how weird.
By the end it was correct, except still +10 life too high.

2nd Solo: 1260 - 123 = 1137 Correct! Some Mosin damage, no Not One Step.

2nd Team Raid: 15935 - 165 = 15,770 Correct. No Mosin, no NoS.

3rd Solo: Error! said 868 at the end, but 885 after in the Raid Page. +17
The AI played Not One Step on the final turn to a card which had done 17 damage: Afrika (Howitzer) other than that it counted the scores correctly each turn. Mosin did 17 damage on turn 3, but also a lot of other damage too.

3rd Team: Error! I did 46 damage on the final turn, 22, 9 , 15. But the counter went from 15,710 to 15,686 = Wrong! Should have been 15,664 of course! On the ending page? It read Damage done 106 (correct) but had the 15,686 life remaining. Since the starting life was 15,770? - 106 = 15,664 so it was wrong in the counting on the last turn AND the ending page. +22

My Elite Marines with Mosin did the 22 on the final turn: 13 x2 -4 = 22. With 9 from Afrika & Howitzer behind it. The numbers popped up correctly at first, but the 22 did NOT show up further left, just the 9.

It is very strange: sometimes the numbers show up twice? Other times it's just once. Sometimes they subtract the first time they appear? Other times only the second time, as in this case. 22 & 9 showed up (Brutality damage) beside the score (in Purple) but only 1 number showed up under the score (in Red) to be subtracted.

4th Solo: 885 - 164 = 721 Correct!
I noticed that fewer numbers were popping up a second time, they got counted right away and vanished. Purple ones, mostly. I used Not One Step on the 3rd turn, didn't see Mosin...

4th Team: Delayed! Site down. See ya later!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 19 Feb 2016, 02:58

4th Team Raid: Error! On the 3rd turn, I did 23 & 24 damage for 47 total.

However: the score went from 12,794, down to 13,771, then back UP to 13,794, then ONE red number appeared below the score and it went down to 13,771 again. It counted the Elite Grosser (Howitzer, Browning) Brutality, but not the 1st Marines (Howitzer) shooting straight at the AI Leader.
I think the Purple (Grosser Brutality) number showed up in Purple, then the Marine's Red number on the right, while the total went down & up, but it failed to subtract the 24 from the Marines for sure, for whatever reason. Only 1 Red number appeared under the total: 23.

I've seen it go "down & up & down" before, but hadn't noticed it was adding wrong! And omitting entire attacks...

It did it again on the final turn: It should have gone: 13,629, -41 (Marines Brutality) -48 (Grosser Brutality) and then -13 (109th, Baton) ending with 13,527.
The two purple numbers showed up, were each subtracted, then the Red 13 showed up and was subtracted, no numbers appeared under the total, these 3 were to the right of that. But as the turn ended? The score jumped back up to the incorrect number: 13,568 which is 41 points too high.
(The turn before? The two Purple numbers showed up, then went away, then a Red number adding the two popped up under the life score, correctly subtracting 69 from the total.)
On other turns the Marines' damage was correctly scored, except the 4th of course.
On the 3rd turn there were 2 sets of numbers, this time just one set. How weird is that!

Please fix this! It's absolutely frustrating to do 301 total damage, but 13,806 - 301 = 13,505, ok? Not 13,568!! +63 life every Raid is unacceptable.

http://imgur.com/4lhLXYS

I am certain the Raid started with 13,806 because I wrote it down ;)

HEY! I added up all my Damage: I did 303! It didn't count the 2 points the 109th did on the first turn? huh? Insult added to injury...

Stranger still: The total platoon damage listed (all the guys added together so far) matches the current total: 22,000 - 8432 = 13,568. But I know for a fact it reported my damage wrong on several occasions... so that seems to be broken too!

Just this last time alone: it reported I did 301, I really did 303, and it counted 238 only! Something is really wrong there...
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nAFAI » 19 Feb 2016, 12:19

Thanks for the detailed info 5Cats,

Seeing through your reports, what I could figure out is that it usually happens on the last turns, most specially the last one, and since it doesn't seem to have any relation between cards (at least for now) we will focus on the way the client and server are sending the HP reports to each other, it seems that there could be a connectivity problem in the way we deal with the damage reports so we will focus our ideas there for the moment.

If you find out anything else, please make sure to report it here,

Thanks a ton.
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Next

Return to Technical Support