New Season? It's All Messed Up!

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

New Season? It's All Messed Up!

Postby 5Cats » 04 Feb 2016, 16:38

Hi guys!

So we have a new season, but no extra rewards from last season? That's OK...

But there's STILL BOTS! And that is a huge problem! The people who feed on newbies (we all know who they are) will now have bots to further fatten their scores: Platoon Points, Gold and Rate?

That's just a mockery of the whole concept.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: New Season? It's All Messed Up!

Postby bigfatrasta » 04 Feb 2016, 20:20

while the bots (or whatever you want to call them) might mess up the rating, they pretty mucg turn up for all players, so in a way it is fair enough....
What really gets on my nerves is the abundance of disconnects. With the start of the neew season everyone is eager to score some PvP points, so there are a lot of players available. But a lot of the time i experienced disconnect messages:

a) suddently it says "you have been away for too long" and the match is ended in a draw. This happens usually during the opponents turn and with me winning!!
b) the opponents time runs out Still the match ends in a draw
c) during the opponents turn I get a "you have been disconnected message" and loose the match. (while monitoring my internet connectivity as beeing stable and uninterupted)

I am unsure and rather too new to the game to jump to a "there is cheating involved" conclusion, but it is still kind of suspicious for that to massively occur on the first day of the new season!!

Rather pissed and thinking about quitting

bfr
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 05 Feb 2016, 15:55

Hey bigfatrasta,

What platform are you playing the game from? is this happening to everyone? if so could you post a ratio about how many games you experienced this issues? *2 out of 3 matches for example*
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 07 Feb 2016, 12:59

I think that the game now gives you a bot to fight if nobody is around...BUT it will end with a DRAW if someone gets into queue...
In this way if you PVP again you will have an opponent...

I have no issue with this...but it has an effect on ladder...rewards frequent players...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby 5Cats » 07 Feb 2016, 15:56

It seems to mix the bots and humans together, it's hard to predict.

Sometimes the count will run to 5 minutes, no match, even with a bot. Other times it bot-matches in a few seconds, even if there's humans in the Q.

Perhaps there's just a fixed number of them, and they're treated like players? Or some random factor? It's weird.

But yeah, certain players are grinding PvP bots for tons of points and huge Rates... oh well! Makes getting the Daily Duty easier!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nAFAI » 08 Feb 2016, 14:44

Hey,

We have been adjusting the number of matches that they can appear so they won't be farmable, this feature is intended for newbie players to address two important things:

- Getting an achievable perception that PvP is not a skirmish and that they have 0 chances at all.
- They have a way to finish the daily duty.

As mentioned they will only appear very very few times and they are intended for newbie players, of course some of you would also benefit from them but the impact they will have in the ladder will be minimum. As we made sure to avoid the possibility to be able to farm them.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 08 Feb 2016, 15:27

That actually makes sense, and there seems to be fewer of them lately.

If a human has more than a certain number of Epics & Legends? The AI Bots should get better cards and 4-5 AP :roll: Make it a bit of a challenge? At least take longer than 4 turns. :lol:
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wolf » 08 Feb 2016, 17:25

I'm still waiting for a chance to battle the developers ;-)
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby nAFAI » 09 Feb 2016, 11:13

wolf wrote:I'm still waiting for a chance to battle the developers ;-)

Oh I have battled with you quite often, not in the last months though as I have been extremly busy with the 3 projects but I will come back, I definetly enjoy the gameplay of WWII a lot, specially now that faction decks are starting to become a thing.

I always use weird deck configurations, so we will see you in the battlefields!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 23 Feb 2016, 14:41

nAFAI wrote:
wolf wrote:I'm still waiting for a chance to battle the developers ;-)

Oh I have battled with you quite often, not in the last months though as I have been extremly busy with the 3 projects but I will come back, I definetly enjoy the gameplay of WWII a lot, specially now that faction decks are starting to become a thing.

I always use weird deck configurations, so we will see you in the battlefields!

Not my "war"...but do your game name start with "R"?...i faced a player a while back a few times that seemed to be using very varied decks and almost testing combos...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Technical Support