Mad Jack Massively Over Powered

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Mad Jack Massively Over Powered

Postby 5Cats » 31 Jan 2016, 04:51

Hi!

Mad Jack is insanely over-powered. Having him in the deck = a nuclear bomb. It just comes down to being lucky enough to draw him, and you win!

First of all? 4 points damage to every unit PLUS another 4 points leader damage per unit killed? That's nuts. If the enemy draws it on the second or 3rd turn? It's easy to clear the board AND do 8-16 damage. For 1 AP! How nutty is that? Even Gustav needed 2-3 turns to power up, and a lot of AP even with BE... At least 4, and didn't wipe out everything in play. All that for 1 AP and zero negatives? Even 'Not One Step' ADDS +6 to enemy life! Mad Jack is 10X as strong. :evil:

For starters: It should NOT harm Invulnerable units. Armour should reduce the damage done. And doing 4/6/8 per unit killed is far too much: 2/3/4 would be plenty crazy enough.

It just becomes a crap-shoot. Who draws Mad Jack at the best time? Pure luck is not why I play the game. There's literally no way to defend against it: keep ALL your units above his killing power? Yeah, with the option of doing damage with cards or orders, THEN playing Mad Jack? How on Earth can it be done?

Maybe? If it took 2 AP to play him? Like the Japanese tank? Or with -1 AP next turn like the Horton? Maybe then?
But even with that, it's still like a roulette wheel: spin the wheel and take your chances! If Mad jack appears, game over!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Mad Jack Massively Over Powered

Postby RedRain » 31 Jan 2016, 07:53

I've already mentioned about overpowered Mad Jack and Bombe and adviced the ways how to make them reasonable in the update thread.
RedRain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby wolf » 31 Jan 2016, 13:06

He only destroys units with 4 defense, I hardly find enough targets for him in my decks. He is good but far from overpowered.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby 5Cats » 31 Jan 2016, 15:52

I know RedRain, I just came across him & was disgusted. I haven't seen Bombe in action yet, I did read your comment though.

I got Capitulation: it's nice actually! Pushing an AP or 2 over until the next turn is sometimes very useful. Especially in Raids! It's nearly as much fun as burning enemy AP with Scorched Earth, lolz!

Wolf, he cleared the table and did 16 damage. For 1 AP. I had 2x new units and 2x damaged units, one was r-2. So it's impossible to always keep your units 5 HP and over: he plays Rommel, Firefly or some other 'damage all' unit or order and then Jack? It's disgusting.
Even Not One Step requires 3 AP AND gives +6 life per unit. Sure NOS can take out high defense units, but compared to Jack it's nothing.

And since killing Jack is not a good idea? It's easy for him to get promoted, his numbers are much better than Bergers, and he does 6&6 then.

That's another thing! An r-1 Jack should only damage r-1 units! Lolz! Complicated, but more fair. And not invulnerable, and armour should lower it. And not nearly as much damage to the Leader: 2/3/4 would still be amazing.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wolf » 01 Feb 2016, 09:28

So he played Rommel and firefly into Churchill? That sounds more like he used 3AP to clear your board instead of one.
So yeah, stop neeing mad ;-)
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby 5Cats » 01 Feb 2016, 17:09

No, I'm saying anyone could do that, or use other mass-damage things, and then use Jack. It means having defense 1-3 over Jack's kill number still doesn't protect you, eh?

And no, it was just 'boom' and I was out 4 units (one was r-2 and damaged) and 16 life. 1 AP. He used the other 2 to Promote Jack, iirc. Now he had a 6-7 unit on the board I couldn't kill because if it came back? I'd be losing all my 6 life guys... I still won though :)

My objection is that it eats everything AND does Leader Damage. It shouldn't eat every unit, and the damage to the leader should be lots lower, if at all. Like I said already, of course.

I'm also saying: even with no Leader damage? Even with some units immune or reduced? Mad Jack would STILL be a great card! :lol: Mandatory for every deck, eh?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support