player exploiting bugs

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

player exploiting bugs

Postby joaotuga » 08 Nov 2015, 22:41

Im here to accuse the player morris of somehow exploiting game bugs, cause really its impossivel to be so luck. Its mathematixal impossivel. The odds of this happening are 0 impossivel. I can show you the maths that can prove this if you want
So lets take a look at what happen on last game:

He had david mccambel 6 times on a row and hells angel 5 times in a row. Lets see, 30 cards , and getting thoose 2 on the same turns and considering that he can only have 1 of each on deck are impossivel. So you must take a look at his games and im sure you will discover more of this inconsistences on his game.

I hope you take this searously.
Last edited by joaotuga on 12 Nov 2015, 22:16, edited 2 times in total.
joaotuga
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: player exploiting bugs

Postby joaotuga » 08 Nov 2015, 23:01

And now harlamov with flag rising again 5 turns on a row. Now im sure its a bug. You really got to look at this. Not even all the luck on the world justifys this.
Ok im gonna stop playing until you can verify if this is normal or not. Dont wanna get this again.
joaotuga
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 09 Nov 2015, 15:01

Hey joaotuga,

Thanks for the report, I have investigated both players and didn't find anything unusual in their profiles and actions so most probably it's an RNG issue, if you keep experiencing issues like this we could always have a second look but so far nothing strange has been spotted.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 09 Nov 2015, 15:44

nAFAI wrote:Hey joaotuga,

Thanks for the report, I have investigated both players and didn't find anything unusual in their profiles and actions so most probably it's an RNG issue, if you keep experiencing issues like this we could always have a second look but so far nothing strange has been spotted.

Cheers!

I think the RNG sometimes defies the odds...

I had nothing as serious as reported above...but i remember times when my opponent had one card i "feared"...and it appeared 2 or 3 times in a row...
It also happened to me sometimes...i had a good card upgraded and kept getting it in the draw...
It was mostly on the "Flag Raising" days...and it happens a lot with Monty these days...but i see it on opponents i doubt are cheating...

But i admit that 6 times in a row seems a bit too much...enough to be something odd in the code...(3 times in a row is already statistically difficult)

Side note...i played against Morris a few times...saw nothing odd...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby 5Cats » 09 Nov 2015, 23:00

I've had the horror of a "bad card" (r-2 Hiroo) appear 6 times in 7 turns... I mean the 1st turn after I managed to kill him... I thought it was cheating too. It most likely wasn't. But 6 times in 7 possible turns? Sheesh! Other times have been almost as bad, and the AI is even worse for doing this!!
Of course: we forget all the times OUR good cards kept coming back! That's skill, right??

It seems likely that the RNG applies higher odds to a few cards and lower odds to others. At the start of any match, it seems purely random. Not like my Card-X never shows up, but some games it comes 3-5 times, others? 1 or 0... I'm sure FS will deny this! Lolz!!

But how else can you explain how you go through a looong battle and never once see a prized Legend>?? Or have that terrific card (Ramcke comes to mind!) show up over and over, for you or your opponent?

There's another "cheating exploit" I suspect is going on, but I've dutifully reported it and they say it's not "a thing" but will keep an eye open, so that's OK!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Morris: I thumped him a few times, but he put up a brave fight!! I give him credit for trying to the end, as far as I can recall. Sometimes one side or the other simply "draws a pot of gold!" and other times? Draws crap... it does seem to balance out for me, mostly.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby joaotuga » 12 Nov 2015, 22:15

Just an update. I just played again against morris and even though i ended up win easly with 72 hp he had agin 3 times straight the heels angel david mccambel combo so is that odd? Its always the same with him. Always that combo and i say again it seems way too much luck to happen that many times
joaotuga
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 13 Nov 2015, 06:26

Actually? Seeing a card several times in a row is not "abnormal" at all! Unless you're picking ONE card of the 30? The chances of the same card, any one of the 30, repeating in a random draw of 6 is pretty good! Even 3-4 times is not that unusual.

Someone posted the maths for it: too much for my "cat brain" but it actually will happen a LOT more than I would have guessed.

Keep an eye on your own cards!! In Missions or PvP, or Campaign even. I bet some of them show up 2-3 times in a row every game, even if you don't play them, there they are! Especially ones you have 2 of. I know you spoke of his 2 specific Legends showing up, but I say it's not all that unusual. 4-5 is pushing the limits, but not all that "impossible" eh?

And how did you kill them off all those times? Flags and planes, you got rid of them every turn somehow? Just wondering what cards you drew to destroy them. Perhaps that was lucky too?

And as I said, I thought the same when faced with a specific card repeatedly appearing, but I watched my own draws and sometimes saw the same thing.
I don't think it's "strictly random" for every card every game, I'm thinking the game skews the odds just a little bit... this would make things more interesting!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 14 Nov 2015, 05:23

Just for the record: I played a raw rookie just now, he had the right idea: promoted a sniper on turn 1... I kept killing it, and it came back 3 times in 4 turns :) I very much doubt he was cheating! Eh?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Assassin » 17 Nov 2015, 10:04

Played Morris a couple days ago...no issue. We both had luck and "bad luck"...

I was particularly attentive to cards...and he got a couple BAD draws...which no "cheating" player would have...and he managed to upgrade a dangerous card (which i killed)...and then waited 4 or 5 draws for it to appear back...

I actually don't remember any good card coming more than twice in a row...

I still think random numbers are not random "all the time"...but i see no evidence that Morris (or other) can manipulate the cards...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Pieterr » 17 Nov 2015, 11:27

I played a pvp battle yesterday,...
My Noborito Laboratory showed up at precisely the moments when I needed it the most: It came most conveniently,... Does this make me a cheater or a bug user? I don't have any influence on the cards I've been given to play with. I do consider myself lucky on this occassion.

A couple of weeks ago I lost a pvp battle. My opponent played a great gustav and had a better equipment to promote it. On my following turn I couldn't do anything about it: I couldn't destroy it, I couldn't demote it, I couldn't give myself extra life. Next turn he draws another better equipment and an M2 Browning. Game over.
What are the odds to that? Looking back to this match I consider myself badlucky and the other guy very lucky...
I can't blame this guy for playing the cards he gets, I would have done the same thing?

I've met Morris in combat several times, I think he is an upcoming and a very good and fair player.
Besides that I think that players (in general) should be very cautious before accusing anyone of cheating.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Next

Return to Technical Support