Two units destroyed

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Two units destroyed

Postby Proxenus » 18 May 2015, 03:47

Hey all,

I experienced a weird bug in pvp today against Skuzi. He had a a Grossdeutschland Division at r-2 (so it had its Brutality ability) equipped with Mosin and Bazooka. It attacked my line which had r-2 Monty in front and r-2 Maus in the back row. When he attack, it destroyed both of my units.

Of course, he was thrilled with this development, but it doesn't make any sense why it happened. There's not splash damage or anything like that in this game, and the overkill damage from Brutality doesn't effect the unit in the back row. So why were both of my units destroyed?

Hate to throw another glitch onto the pile, but there it is. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Proxenus
Proxenus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Two units destroyed

Postby nAFAI » 18 May 2015, 09:45

Hey Proxenus,

Thanks for the detailed information, it sounds really strange and definetly it shouldnt be the expected outcome, we will investigate it and keep you posted if we are able to reproduce it and fix it.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Proxenus » 18 May 2015, 15:58

nAFAI,

Sure thing, thanks for looking into it. Skuzi will also vouch for the event.

Proxenus

P.S. Don't worry, I still won the match. ;)
Proxenus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 19 May 2015, 14:47

Obvious question...wasnt there any other unit BEHIND grossd? One with shock?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby 5Cats » 19 May 2015, 19:54

Assassin wrote:Obvious question...wasnt there any other unit BEHIND grossd? One with shock?

Ah-ha! That would explain it... but only Prox and Skuzi know for sure, eh?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wolf » 19 May 2015, 22:14

Seen this before and thought it was intended.
The bazooka effect says at end of combat destroy an opposing tank unit. So the monty got destroyed by the mosin sniper ability and the maus by the bazooka effect at end of combat. I have seen other combinations where bazooka destroyed 2 units but never really bothered.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 20 May 2015, 10:12

wolf wrote:Seen this before and thought it was intended.
The bazooka effect says at end of combat destroy an opposing tank unit. So the monty got destroyed by the mosin sniper ability and the maus by the bazooka effect at end of combat. I have seen other combinations where bazooka destroyed 2 units but never really bothered.

Humm...i used bazooka for a while and never noticed it...will give it a new spin...it is interesting.

I always assumed it destroyed units IN DIRECT FIRE only...not like shock...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby 5Cats » 20 May 2015, 14:22

It was discussed elsewhere, but the only time I've seen this was in D-Day Mission: a B-17 with Bazooka attacking a back-row air unit with a Panther (armour) in the front? Shoots over the Panther, hits the back unit but the Bazooka kills the front unit too.

This was a feature, said the developers, not a bug. Go figure if it works other times too! I used Bazooka for a while but never saw this happen in PvP...
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Proxenus » 23 May 2015, 18:07

Hey all,

There were no units behind Grossd, and even if there were, it's shock wouldn't be able to destroy an r-2 Maus.

Wolf,

I don't think that's how bazooka works. It should only destroy a unit with which the unit equipped with Bazooka actually does combat. So since my Maus wasn't actually in combat with the Grossd, the Bazooka should not have had an effect on it. Also, I feel like if it were intended to work that way, nAFAI would have said that in their response here.

Proxenus
Proxenus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 25 May 2015, 08:53

Proxenus wrote:Hey all,

There were no units behind Grossd, and even if there were, it's shock wouldn't be able to destroy an r-2 Maus.

Wolf,

I don't think that's how bazooka works. It should only destroy a unit with which the unit equipped with Bazooka actually does combat. So since my Maus wasn't actually in combat with the Grossd, the Bazooka should not have had an effect on it. Also, I feel like if it were intended to work that way, nAFAI would have said that in their response here.

Proxenus

It's not intended although it could be logical in terms of how the ability is programmed, nevertheless we still have to jump on that and investigate it a bit further.

Will let you know!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support