zaitsev-montgomry interaction bug

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

zaitsev-montgomry interaction bug

Postby wolf » 16 Apr 2015, 07:44

Hey,
a thing that happened today:

My opponent had a rank 2 zaitsev in front of my rank 2 onoda. I then played montgomery targeting zaitsev and promoted him to rank 2. Then I put montgomery behind my onoda, zaitsev had 0 attack but all abilities, still his armor penetration ability didn't trigger at end of combat. This only seems to happen if there is another unit attacking zaitsev from the support line aswell.I tried the same thing with zhukov but here the ability worked as intended. So guess there is some problem with the sniper artillery interaction, you should check it out.

Cheers
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: zaitsev-montgomry interaction bug

Postby nAFAI » 16 Apr 2015, 13:15

Strange,

We will having a look at this as soon as we have some room! Thanks for letting us know Wolf!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby wolf » 29 Oct 2015, 11:35

Just bumping this up as I recently had the opportunity to test it again:
Opponent had a rank 2 zaitsev in front of my t-34, used monty to zero zaitzevs power and placed him behind my t-34 . Zaitsev died, armor penetration didn't trigger and my tank lived on. Good trade for me, but devastating for my opponent.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby nAFAI » 29 Oct 2015, 11:49

Noting this down,

Strange since we fixed a similar bug on latest build, will try to check if it got into the current live build.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 5Cats » 29 Oct 2015, 19:50

I've seen this a few times in S-Grad.
If you have artillery that can kill the opponent from the back row? And a unit in front that would be killed by a special attack, like Penetration or Flamethrower, or Brumbars: the artillery kills it first, and the special attack doesn't kill your unit.

I've seen it a couple of times in PvP as well. Bazooka effect and Vasily too... The Stuka effect still works though, I think, even if artillery kills it, it does damage in defence to a unit in the front line.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support