Losses due to connection errors

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Losses due to connection errors

Postby oildrummer » 26 Mar 2015, 05:09

Hi there,

I love this game and really think you guys have done a great job.

However, seemingly about 50% percent of my PvP games wind up with a connection error resulting in me being docked points, often halfway through games I stand a good chance of winning. Very frustrating! Nothing has changed on my end as far as I can tell (i.e. same hardware setup, Internet connection appears to be rock solid) and it happens equally on both my iPhone and iPad.

I know connection errors always happen occasionally, but they didn't happen NEARLY as often during Season 3, and some worked in my favor so it always seemed to even out. Not so much lately, and it is seriously impacting my enjoyment of the game. Not to mention my rating continues to crater LOL. I have tried reinstalling and restarting to no avail. Is this known issue? If not, any ideas?

Thanks!
oildrummer
Private
Private

Re: Losses due to connection errors

Postby nAFAI » 26 Mar 2015, 11:13

Hey oildrummer,

I'm sorry you have been experiencing this kind of issues lately, to be honest with you all, we have been overwhelmed lately with work, the additional features that we have implemented plus some issue with the Google Store and now the AppStore have taken us a lot of days of development and bug fixing, so we have a good load of extra work on our backs. We do have seen some inconsistencies in the connectivity and we want to jump on that as soon as things got more calm here (probably next week) we will review those issues and I'm pretty sure we will be able to at least make everything go more smoothly.

Thanks for your understanding and for bearing with us, I can only assure you that we are doing our best to improve the game as hard as we can!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 27 Mar 2015, 17:52

Some probably useless info...but here it goes...

I have been having some of these issues also...but more even...i lose as many as i win due to connection issues...
(of course...i will never know what would happen without these issues...)

They seem to have increased on the last version... and on a couple occasions it seemed several platoon members (on separate matches) had them at the same time...so probably something server related...

I am not sure what happens on the other side...i.e. if i win does the other guy lose...?
(i had a game with 5cats that ended in communication error...perhaps he can say how it went from his side...it was a pitty because it was being a very nice game)

I learned to acept this as part of the game...it will probably be harder to accept if it always goes against you and/or if you are competing for a top place...or if it becames too frequent...

EDIT:
That said...keep up the good work...game IS GETTING BETTER.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby 5Cats » 28 Mar 2015, 01:27

I got a win for that. 8 points, I'm pretty sure they got added properly to my Rate.

It was a close game! But I was behind, and you had several r-3 units waiting to come back and finish me off...
If I'd have gotten Confusion near the end there? Killed all 5 of your guys :lol: That would have been sweet! Killed them anyhow, but it took 2 turns... the 'motley crew' I had on the board wouldn't have lasted long if you hadn't disconnected.

Since I'm here in Tech Support:

The "Progress" button doesn't work for me.
The Platoon Chat isn't showing recent notices when I sign in, like it was. Just blank.
The Daily Reward gets set to 24 hours after you click it now, was that on purpose? It's going to keep rolling forward on us, little by little? It went from 18:00 to 18:20 on me today... because I was 20 minutes late?

Edit: Platoon chat works again! Shows the last 30 messages when I arrive.
Either I forgot to collect yesterday or the Daily reward re-set to this morning? IDK. Just the 25 gold.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Assassin » 30 Mar 2015, 09:46

5Cats wrote:I got a win for that. 8 points, I'm pretty sure they got added properly to my Rate.

It was a close game! But I was behind, and you had several r-3 units waiting to come back and finish me off...

Edit: Platoon chat works again! Shows the last 30 messages when I arrive.

I also got a win...from my point of view it was you that disconnected...:)
(I guess it is fairer this way...not ideal...but best than giving a loss to a player that might be winning)

Luck is a big factor when decks are evenly matched...i was ahead and optimistic...but sometimes a couple good/bad draws will change the game...

My platoon chat never has the previous conversations...only the wins...and "live" conversations...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby nAFAI » 07 Apr 2015, 10:15

Assassin wrote:and on a couple occasions it seemed several platoon members (on separate matches) had them at the same time...so probably something server related...

Hey guys,

We will be looking into the server issues this week, could you try to investigate this further if it happens again? it will help us narrow our searches.

Thanks for your words! We are doing our best!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 08 Apr 2015, 20:15

nAFAI wrote:
Assassin wrote:and on a couple occasions it seemed several platoon members (on separate matches) had them at the same time...so probably something server related...

Hey guys,

We will be looking into the server issues this week, could you try to investigate this further if it happens again? it will help us narrow our searches.

Thanks for your words! We are doing our best!

I have good news and bad news...

The good news (i know you want them first :) )...i had no issues on the last 10 matches or so...all went smoothly...game finished ok, results ok...not sure about platoon as i dont really check...but seem ok.
The bad news...therefore i cant give any information on server (or other) issues :D
(I may have had a disconnection result...but i am under the impression that the other guy bolted...)

BUT...i will tell you if anything goes wrong again...keep up the good work
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby nAFAI » 09 Apr 2015, 09:49

^^

Cheers! Good things is that while finding the problems with the contribution points in PvP we were able to find two issues that were hanging around since long time, one it was about some matches messages not showing up for 1 of the 2 players so it always ended in match cancelations and the other one about some improvements in the communication with the server once inside a game, so there should be indeed less disconnected matches!

Glad it seems to be going well!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support