Ranking points error...CONFIRMED...PLEASE CHECK!

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Ranking points error...CONFIRMED...PLEASE CHECK!

Postby Assassin » 23 Mar 2015, 10:38

I will be honest...i am not sure...but i was playing in the weekend and trying to get higher in the ranking.

I had a win that i expected that would allow me to surpass one player...and i actually lost some ground. As players are all playing at the same time i didnt check it trough (assumed the other guy also won or so)...but i have the "feeling" the game reduced MY points instead of increasing them.

My numbers dont seem correct...i am 23/28...and i have 1179.

IF i had lost 20 points on all defeats (which i didnt as i lost against top 10 guys) i would have to have a 12 points average on wins...which i also dont think possible as i have some good wins (i dont remeber any below 14).

Ranking will sort itself out so its not a big issue...and i think i got the "platoon win points"...but IF POSSIBLE AND EASY i would like to have it checked...or the math error explained.

IF NOT POSSIBLE...it is ok anyhow...just wanted to mention the (possible) issue...
(I dont really remember the exact opponents...sorry)
Last edited by Assassin on 30 Mar 2015, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Ranking points error...MAYBE

Postby nAFAI » 23 Mar 2015, 11:33

Hey Assassin,

Thanks for the detailed report, as I mentioned on a previous post we have made some adjustments to the rating calculations and there could be some confussion in the calculations we (players) were used to, however I'm willing to investigate this further and see if the new formulas are working properly so I will have a close look at this, if you experience this again please let us know, so far the only issue about ratings I've seen is that the global ranking takes a bit of delay to update properly after a win (your client gets updated faster than the server) that's why you can see some discrepancies between the rating you see on your Customize character and in the rankings.

Will keep you posted!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 23 Mar 2015, 12:46

Just to be clear...i had "bug caused" defeats several times...and i won games that were probably caused by the other guy getting them...it is part of the enviroment...and if i play enough this will even itself (i no longer try to be in the top 5 so it is not a big issue)

This case has two differences:
- The game TOLD ME I WON and the points i would get (but i am not sure if i got them in the ladder)...so it may be a sync problem

- BUT...I dont think my present ranking points are accurate as it seems very diffcult to get the points i have with the win/loss numbers i have...I MIGHT have a loss against a non-ranked player which eroded my points, but i dont remember it...i rememeber 4 of the 5 losses...all top 10.
(This was what made me wonder if my previous "feeling" was correct)

I dont know if there is a log...but it should be possible to check if the numbers add up...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby 5Cats » 23 Mar 2015, 14:52

I noticed that for my 31st match? I got +13 points after defeating a player lower than myself. (The latest one I played)
I thought the 'bonus' only lasted 30 matches? And should have been adjusted for our two Rates?

Assassin, you're 23 wins 5 losses? Your Rate does seem quite low! I'm 22-9 and slightly higher Rate... I seem to get +12/14 for each win, and -11/14 for every loss, regardless of Rates involved.

I got -14 for each of my 3x losses to a 'top player' to boot! Maybe one was only -13... it was about a 40 point drop for losing 3x to a guy 400+ higher than me. I found that odd, but it was within the 'bonus' time so... not weird?

The "disconnect" often yields weird results. Sometimes both players are told they win OR both lose! So it seems likely the points are mixed up too in those cases.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Assassin » 23 Mar 2015, 16:37

5Cats wrote:Assassin, you're 23 wins 5 losses? Your Rate does seem quite low! I'm 22-9 and slightly higher Rate... I seem to get +12/14 for each win, and -11/14 for every loss, regardless of Rates involved.

Yep...this is what i mean...numbers seem "wrong"...and they are mostly against your platoon colleagues which are not ranked low... :)

Game became much harder (and more interesting)...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Assassin » 30 Mar 2015, 09:42

Ok...i can confirm the THERE IS A BUG with ranking results...perhaps affecting just some players...(i hope it is not just me).

I had 1306 points and WON THE GAME. The popup told me that i would have 5 more points and said it would be 1311. (ALL CORRECT)

BUT...when i saw the ranking i had dropped a lot...1295 points...a 11 point LOSS...and a 16 point difference relative to what it should be. This happened at least twice...so i am 32 points or more below what i should be...(it makes winning a bit moot)

It was my last PVP game (didn play since)...yesterday night...opponent was not someone i know...Jimmy or something like it.

It is annoying (as it adds up to the connection issues)...and am a bit wary now...i would appreciate a response of some sort...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Ranking points error...CONFIRMED...PLEASE CHECK!

Postby Stone » 30 Mar 2015, 11:50

Hey Assassin,

After investigating your issue we think we may have found the source of the problem here. We believe it's related to the Platoons system, since we are making quite a lot server calls in parallel in order to update all the Platoons Data and your User Data too so, sorry for the inconveniences about this. I believe this will be an easy fix and will be Live on the next Facebook, Kongregate and Android build (not on iOS since there's already a build being reviewed and should be released anytime soon). I will let you know as soon as this is live!

Cheers guys!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 30 Mar 2015, 18:36

Stone wrote:Hey Assassin,

After investigating your issue we think we may have found the source of the problem here. We believe it's related to the Platoons system, since we are making quite a lot server calls in parallel in order to update all the Platoons Data and your User Data too so, sorry for the inconveniences about this. I believe this will be an easy fix and will be Live on the next Facebook, Kongregate and Android build (not on iOS since there's already a build being reviewed and should be released anytime soon). I will let you know as soon as this is live!

Cheers guys!

Ok. TKS.

I will go back to PVP...hope i dont find this issue a lot until next update...i know you guys dont like to adjust ranking (and i understand why), so i just hope it wont happen a lot more...

I guess i know when the issue is a "real" bug when it is the "tech" guy who answers...

Keep up the good work...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Assassin » 01 Apr 2015, 18:54

FYI...just happened again...argh!!!! If it helps...last PVP i played...popup says i won, and that i will have 1313 points...but in the leaderboard i am back at 1298!!!

I think i won 9 of the last 10 PVP games...but i still have the same ranking because it reduced points several times!!! I notice it a lot now because i usually only win 5 points for each win ...but lose 10+ whenever i get one of this bugs...

I am assuming this happens to other players...they just dont notice it or dont report it...
I can live with it until next update...just make sure you solve it...and i hope this doesnt bring me below 20th rank in the season.
(Devs were players once i guess...so you should know how this feels :))
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby nAFAI » 07 Apr 2015, 10:19

Assassin wrote:FYI...just happened again...argh!!!! If it helps...last PVP i played...popup says i won, and that i will have 1313 points...but in the leaderboard i am back at 1298!!!

I think i won 9 of the last 10 PVP games...but i still have the same ranking because it reduced points several times!!! I notice it a lot now because i usually only win 5 points for each win ...but lose 10+ whenever i get one of this bugs...

I am assuming this happens to other players...they just dont notice it or dont report it...
I can live with it until next update...just make sure you solve it...and i hope this doesnt bring me below 20th rank in the season.
(Devs were players once i guess...so you should know how this feels :))

We indeed were players and still are! so trust me we are quite upset when we come accross critical issues like this one, specially since they affect the overall rankings which is something very important for us players.

Nevertheless it has been a hell the past two weeks, we had problems with the AppStore, some hidden critical bugs, issues with the Platoons... nevertheless good news is that we have addressed most of them and we will have reinforcements (yay!) joining us in the studio the next month, so we will address everything really soon!

Will keep you informed once this update is deployed!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Next

Return to Technical Support