Platoon Ranking Meanings?

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Platoon Ranking Meanings?

Postby 5Cats » 19 Mar 2015, 05:27

Sorry if this isn't technically "tech support" but it's about in-game features so...

What exactly are the Platoon membership rankings? What do they mean? What are the benefits, if any?

Platoon Leader: The guy who created it. (me!) Can do everything.
Officer: Can kick & promote? But not accept new members?
Veteran: ???
Member: No abilities.

When it comes to gold sharing? Is that modified by this 'rank'? I sure hope not! Lolz! That would be bad...

I notice some Platoons have a bunch of Officers, but I only have 1 in our group... are there limits? Other than 1 Leader per group, obviously! I checked, you cannot promote an Officer :lol:

Thanks for clearing it up! Several people are curious about if there's any difference between "Member" and "Veteran".
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Platoon Ranking Meanings?

Postby nAFAI » 19 Mar 2015, 10:55

Hey 5Cats,

I will try to update the info on the Platoon post, although there is no big mistery about platoon ranks, is mostly as you point out, of course ranks do not affect gold rewards or contribution points at all, that would make no sense. Also Veteran is a placeholder with the same permission as Member, it's used in case you want to mark players that are less active or on holidays, most guild leaders in different games want to have everything under control that's why we added an additional rank without any extra permissions. There is also no limits on the amount of officers you want to have.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 19 Mar 2015, 16:39

Side note...

Other game i play has several issues of officers kicking out (all) platoon members...beware who you promote... :)

Sometimes leaders dont know what "power" an officer has...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby 5Cats » 19 Mar 2015, 17:29

Excellent! Thanks for the prompt and thorough answer!
I'd have felt terrible if guys lost out somehow because I didn't make them "Veterans". Phew!

Assassin: Yes indeed! That's why there's 1 Officer in the Cats Of War, not a bunch.
There's an old saying: '5 cats cannot catch a mouse' :lol: ...it's the same idea as 'too many cooks spoil the broth' eh?
(That saying is unrelated to my name... lolz!)
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Technical Support