Marines + Sniper

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Marines + Sniper

Postby Assassin » 25 Nov 2014, 16:49

It seems strange...but there are still some rules i dont know after hundreds of games.

Launched 1st Marines + Moisin Nagant against level 2 Maus.
Attack (in the card) is 6...6x2=12...Maus has 9 plus 2 reinforced...12>11...EXPECTED MAUS to disappear and Marines to remain intact!
BUT...maus toke 8 only damage (i think)...Marines dies...MAUS remains.

I assume reinforced is calculated BEFORE machine gun...so (6-2)x2=8 :D
(This game is a hardcore maths teacher)

Not complaining...just a warning to other players...as long as the rule is constant i have no issues.

Side note...game crashed (on my side) before being over...i assume i got a loss...some you win, some you lose.
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Re: Marines + Sniper

Postby young » 25 Nov 2014, 17:01

Assassin wrote:It seems strange...but there are still some rules i dont know after hundreds of games.

Launched 1st Marines + Moisin Nagant against level 2 Maus.
Attack (in the card) is 6...6x2=12...Maus has 9 plus 2 reinforced...12>11...EXPECTED MAUS to disappear and Marines to remain intact!
BUT...maus toke 8 only damage (i think)...Marines dies...MAUS remains.

I assume reinforced is calculated BEFORE machine gun...so (6-2)x2=8 :D
(This game is a hardcore maths teacher)

Not complaining...just a warning to other players...as long as the rule is constant i have no issues.

Side note...game crashed (on my side) before being over...i assume i got a loss...some you win, some you lose.

Your assumption is right, the reinforced is caculated BEFORE machine gun. We tested it for several times. So the damage is your [attack - reinforced(1, 2 or 3)] x 2. Be careful about it.
young
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 25 Nov 2014, 17:44

That's correct, and it's intended! if not MG would be too powerful, also we make sure to note that in the description of the Reinforce Ability, it says: "Reduce the opponent's attack in combat by X" so it's not that it absorbs damage, it does reduce the oponent damage when attacking it.

Hope this helps!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 25 Nov 2014, 21:51

nAFAI wrote:That's correct, and it's intended! if not MG would be too powerful, also we make sure to note that in the description of the Reinforce Ability, it says: "Reduce the opponent's attack in combat by X" so it's not that it absorbs damage, it does reduce the oponent damage when attacking it.

Hope this helps!

It helps...but seeing the MAUS stay there was the real memorable lesson! :evil:

The rule is clear in the cards...but in the "heat" of the action i didn't think it trough...
It is not a very frequent situation...it requires 1st marines or similar, a reinforced target...and a target hard enough to sustain 8 damage...it wont happen a lot... :)

By the way...it does makes sense.
TKS again...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Return to Technical Support