Facebook connection problems

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Facebook connection problems

Postby pzdjodelta » 08 Oct 2014, 22:27

Hi everyone
When I start the game I'm not able to subscribe on Facebook. The game try to connect but nothing happen. Loading black screen and nothing more.
Thanks for your help
PzDJoDelta
Qui ose gagne ! Who dares wins !
pzdjodelta
Private
Private

Re: Facebook connection problems

Postby Stone » 09 Oct 2014, 08:33

Hi there pzdjodelta,

We are sorry you are experiencing this issue, could you give us a little bit more information? Are you trying to connect to facebook via an iOS or Android device? Could you specify too which device are you using? Also, did you accept or cancel the confirmation popups that Facebook prompts when trying to log in?

Thanks!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby pzdjodelta » 09 Oct 2014, 12:29

I use android 4.4.2.
And I use 2-3 accounts on the same device. I don't know if the problem come from there. And I accept confirmation pop up
Thanks for help.
pzdjodelta
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 09 Oct 2014, 13:01

Uhmm, yes the fact of having more than 1 Facebook account on the same device sounds like the reason to that. Could you try to logout from all the facebook accounts and check again? If that still does not work we will make sure to keep searching for the problem. Additionally, which device are you using? Brand, model, etc...

Thanks!
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby pzdjodelta » 09 Oct 2014, 15:25

Samsung galaxy S4
Numero du modele : SGH-M919V
Version de la baseband : m919vvlufne1
Version android : 4.4.2
Version kernel : 3.4.0 1529758

Everything was ok until my girlfriends (because the second account are for him) forgot to disconnect Facebook account before exit. When I want to play I login in my Facebook and I start the game. Seems like the two accounts are in conflicts.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate very much.
pzdjodelta
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 13 Oct 2014, 10:02

Ok, that really sounds like a Facebook linkage issue. I am going to proceed to send you a private message in order to retrieve some personal information about your Facebook account and see if we can find a solution to this.
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby pzdjodelta » 13 Oct 2014, 19:32

Thanks you for your help. I appreciate.
I Had disconnect my 3 facebook account. And I remove in all 3 the autorisation for WWII : TCG.
After that I was not able to connect. But 1 hours after I re opened and it connect to Facebook. I have no more problems since. I connect-disconnect my account and everything is good.
Have a nice day !!!
pzdjodelta
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 14 Oct 2014, 08:32

Well that is great news indeed!!

There is actually not much we can do about when there is more than one different Facebook account on the same device but we are glad you sorted that out by youself! :)

Have a nice one pzdjodelta!
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 14 Oct 2014, 09:55

Stone wrote:Well that is great news indeed!!

There is actually not much we can do about when there is more than one different Facebook account on the same device but we are glad you sorted that out by youself! :)

Have a nice one pzdjodelta!

I have a side question...

I use an Android tablet...i have facebook installed BUT it is used by several people. I never connected it with WW2:TCG.
I wanted to connect to my "gaming" account in order to "save" my progress...BUT i am afraid i might actually lose it.
(i was considering waiting until the end of season 2)

Is it "safe" to connect to facebook (considering that there are several facebooks accounts used)?
If something goes wrong...is it possible to recover the progress (i am particullary worried about the deck)?
Should i take some precautions (in facebook)?
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Stone » 14 Oct 2014, 10:35

Hi Assassin,

Is it "safe" to connect to facebook (considering that there are several facebooks accounts used)?

Yes, it is safe to connect the application to Facebook as long as you make sure that the app is completely closed (not even running in background) when you switch Facebook accounts. Let me explain how our Facebook login works:

1- You make sure the app is closed, and switch to your gaming or personal Facebook account.
2- Launch the game after switching to your facebook account, and click the "Connect to Facebook" button at -let's say- the Menu Screen.
3- the System will perform some checks: If your account was not linked to any Facebook account (which I believe is your current situation), it will automatically link your data (the account one you normally use) with your Facebook id and from that moment your data will be forever linked to that Facebook account, so you will be even able to play in browser on our Facebook app (https://apps.facebook.com/wwiitcg/) keeping your progress always up to date.

Hope that helps Assassin!
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support