League Levels Messed Up

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

League Levels Messed Up

Postby Nurin Ceboleiro » 01 Sep 2019, 09:46

Hello, I am in Elite League :mrgreen: position 22, thus outta the Promotion Zone, and the System is matching me with players in top Diamond :mrgreen: League. Thank you 8-)
Nurin Ceboleiro
Private
Private

Re: League Levels Messed Up

Postby mtormo » 02 Sep 2019, 09:03

Hello,

If you're in the promotion zone and close to promote the to the next league you will paired against players from the Diamond league (usually takes players with less amount of points on the league).

Diamond league works a bit different and you will be matched with opponents from the league regardless the amount of points (but it tries to find a rival within your same rating).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby afturganga » 16 Sep 2019, 18:16

Hi Devs,

The information you give might be correct but you matchmaking algorithm seemed to fail or is corrupt.

Im position 50 below in Elite league - so far away from any promotion zone - and still getting players from diamond league with rating 2200, 2440 and more.

Greetings
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 17 Sep 2019, 07:46

Hello,

If I know your username I can review the matches that you played and what was the "matchmaking" but if you're in the top of the elite league, there's the small chance to find someone from the diamond league (on the bottom of that league) if the difference between ratings are too small.

The game tries to match opponents within your league first, expanding the search and "overlapping" with a new league when you're close (both you and the other player).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby afturganga » 17 Sep 2019, 20:09

Username is Hiisi and last match before this post was against robertodrago , rating 2500 above. Thats not a small diference :)
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 18 Sep 2019, 07:53

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I'll check your matches of the last three days.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby afturganga » 28 Sep 2019, 14:06

No answer yet and still getting players from diamond league without beeing part of that league. Either you remove the allegedly small chance of getting such oppenents or remove the fraudulent surrender debuff when somebody don't want to play senseless and not winable matches.

greetings
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Super! » 28 Sep 2019, 14:28

Maybe early surrendering is not always the best idea, you always have a chance to win, no matter how small it can be ;)
and playn the game is good for scouting strong enemy decks so you can improve yours!

Regards
Super!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 30 Sep 2019, 07:54

Hello,

I've checked again and the last two and 80% of the matches were against opponents with 100 (more or less) rating of difference. There was 3 matches against opponents that were a bit high (200+ points) and two opponents that were below 300 points.

We understand that these 5 matches weren't perfectly balanced and there's always some room for improvement, but we think that currently the matchmaking is in a "decent" state and we don't want to do a lot of changes right now before a new season and a new expansion coming in.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support