Game keeps crashing after last update (Android)

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Game keeps crashing after last update (Android)

Postby Assassin » 02 May 2019, 10:53

I have a serious issue...game keeps crashing and i haven't even played one single match of anything...and seems i can't.
Android tablet...not latest generation, but worked fine so far.
Game is unplayable in this device, will try FB and phone later.

Game crashes randomly while surfing the screens...A LOT.
When i say crash i mean it suddenly appears a black screen.
Just now...was looking at the new La7 (20s into game)...black screen and few seconds later back to android home screen. WW2TCG is still "tabbed", but will restart if i choose the tab.
This happens while purchasing a new chest, looking at units, looking at offers...or simply navigating...
Game is also slower while navigating screens...

Was able to purchase a few chests but not anymore as it seems to crash faster now...
Reinstalled, no improvement.

Not sure if related, but ONCE in the many crashes i had today, game complained on next start about unable to load assets and "blaming" the external SD...i don't recall the precise message...never appeared again.

EDIT:
FB version works fine...looks faster, not slower...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Re: Game keeps crashing after last update (Android)

Postby mtormo » 02 May 2019, 11:17

Hello,

Could you tell us what android device are you exactly using? (On settings, you can disable some of the new effect options, but the improvements on the textures can't be disabled).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 02 May 2019, 11:42

mtormo wrote:Hello,

Could you tell us what android device are you exactly using? (On settings, you can disable some of the new effect options, but the improvements on the textures can't be disabled).

Regards,

ACER B3-A20 (32Gb version)
Android 5.1
Firmware and OS are the latest possible versions

Bear in mind I NEVER started any game (PVP, Mission, Raid)...it crashes while moving trough menus...so i am guessing it is not related to "textures"...
All progress i did today was in facebook version...or BEFORE the update.
Made two raids before update...updated...crashes started...went to facebook to open packs and do the rest of raids.

I lost nothing as crashes were not midgame...just wanted to see if it can be fixed.
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Assassin » 02 May 2019, 12:15

Small note...MAY be related to FB/MSN (in android) app receiving a new message...have to check...

Sorry if misleading...but earlier i had lots of trafic (and crashes) and now it crashed when i got a message...

EDIT:
I uninstalled messenger and it keeps happening...although i think it crashed more when i received messages...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby 1944 » 02 May 2019, 14:49

After update very bad connection in pvp, 1 game in 1 hour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Stone » 02 May 2019, 15:21

Assassin wrote:Small note...MAY be related to FB/MSN (in android) app receiving a new message...have to check...

Sorry if misleading...but earlier i had lots of trafic (and crashes) and now it crashed when i got a message...

EDIT:
I uninstalled messenger and it keeps happening...although i think it crashed more when i received messages...

Hi Assassin, it's probably your device running out of RAM. We have increased all the textures quality to SHD. We are going to revert back to the old system and add some extra assets to handle regular devices capabilities. Thank you for the heads up!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 1944 » 02 May 2019, 15:57

What is that! After update play pvp if johnwane or chuck in game! Other time "no opp"!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 02 May 2019, 16:19

Stone wrote:
Assassin wrote:Small note...MAY be related to FB/MSN (in android) app receiving a new message...have to check...

EDIT:

Hi Assassin, it's probably your device running out of RAM. We have increased all the textures quality to SHD. We are going to revert back to the old system and add some extra assets to handle regular devices capabilities. Thank you for the heads up!

Ok. Thanks. I understand sooner or later i will have to trade my tablet BUT i am assuming it is not yet an obsolete old device...there are probably other players with similar devices...
It still runs ok isometric real time strategy games...(star wars theme usually)... ;)

I will play in phone or facebook in the meantime...good enough for daily tasks at least...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Stone » 02 May 2019, 16:25

Thanks for your understanding Assassin, we are aiming going to upload the update before the weekend so hopefully you'll be able to give it a try on your tablet soon.
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby 1944 » 02 May 2019, 17:42

Можете и дальше меня игнорировать, но что за глупый геймплей? 4 боя за 3 часа? Что за бред? Объясните, что если нет в игре вейна, чака, гуса так всё, соединять не будет с другими?
Такими темпами через месяц многие игроки бросят играть, так как не интересно играть 4 боя за 3 часа.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Technical Support