Game wont fully load - black / blank screen

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Game wont fully load - black / blank screen

Postby zapplez » 13 Apr 2019, 01:57

Just started having this problem tonight, game has worked fine for past two weeks, played hundreds of levels, really enjoy it.

Now when launching from Steam, see a frozenshard logo for 1 second, then blank/black screen, and nothing will load.

Already tried checking the game file integrity. Already tried re-installing.

Any ideas?

Windows 10
zapplez
Private
Private

Re: Game wont fully load - black / blank screen

Postby Stone » 13 Apr 2019, 09:58

HI zapplez,

Welcome to the game! It's very weird that you are now having issues with the game, especially because the last time it was updated was last March 15th. We will update the game at the end of this month, but it's just weird that it stopped working out of nothing. Do you remember which was your nick in-game so I can investigate your account in case I find something?

Thanks,
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby zapplez » 13 Apr 2019, 13:59

Stone wrote:HI zapplez,

Welcome to the game! It's very weird that you are now having issues with the game, especially because the last time it was updated was last March 15th. We will update the game at the end of this month, but it's just weird that it stopped working out of nothing. Do you remember which was your nick in-game so I can investigate your account in case I find something?

Thanks,

I believe my nick was 'shootermcgavin' taken from my steam name.

I tried launching again this morning with the same error. I can see your team logo screen for 1 second than nothing. And the game doesn't crash per-say, it just stays on nothing until I alt-tab and close it manually.
zapplez
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 15 Apr 2019, 07:53

Hi again zapplez,

I'm afraid we can't find anything by that nick you gave us. It would be so much useful if you could give us your Steam64 Id. In case you don't know what that is or how to get it it's simple, what is it? your unique id on Steam, how to get it:
1 - Launch Steam
2 - Click on the tab that has your Steam nick (just next to the 'COMMUNITY' one), and copy and paste us here the long number that appears in the green URL that just appeared below that tab bar. It should read something like this:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/XXXXXXXXXXXXX/home

We would need that 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX' number so we can find you in our servers.

Thanks for your patience and let's hope we can fix this issue ASAP. Also, just as a side question, have you made any recent updates to Windows? Have you tried running the game from a different computer?

Regards,
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby zapplez » 15 Apr 2019, 14:13

Oddly enough it started to work again today.

I havent updated windows lately.

I didn't reinstall the game again. Might have been some kind of weird internet/dns issue maybe as I have spotty internet and it wasnt fully connecting your servers maybe?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/shothermcgavin/
zapplez
Private
Private

Postby Stone » 15 Apr 2019, 14:27

That's weird indeed. Definitely sounds like a connectivity issue between you and our servers but anyways glad it's sorted out. By the way I can see why we didn't find your account, the nickname you told us was misspelled ;)

Regards!
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support