Kill equipment and artillery

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Kill equipment and artillery

Postby Assassin » 23 May 2018, 10:19

I have noticed some inconsistencies with kill equipment...can you clarify what should be happening...?

Kill equipment is that that should kill all units or a specific type of unit...for instance, zaitsev and zhukov should kill any unit they attack (if not protected by flag).
HOWEVER...sometimes they do not...usually because the unit they attack has an artillery unit behind. This is an old issue, posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=479&p=2979&hilit=zaitsev#p2979
Whcih unit is on attack and which is on defense also seems to have an effect...not sure what it should be...

The bad part is it doesn't seem consistent...i had occasions where i was expecting the unit to die and it did not...others the reverse...
In rare occurrences i am pretty sure the equipment didnt work EVEN without artillery support. Just "one on one" and the unit in front of zaitsev didnt die.

I know the post is a bit confused...i will try to check it better after the update...just letting you know something is not clear (and probably buggy also).
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Kill equipment and artillery

Postby jcwill23 » 23 May 2018, 13:16

I concur.

This appears to happen with other units too with the Armor Penetration ability (Steel Guards, for example)

What we are asking for is a step by step turn sequence, especially around this ability, but ideally not exclusive to it.

I have seen units on the front line take NO DAMAGE (let alone be killed by an ability) when backed by artillery, but this is also not consistent.

Craig
jcwill23
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 24 May 2018, 12:13

Happened this morning (not sure if PVP or mission)...Zhukov attacked unit in front row and didnt kill it. No flag in play. There was an unit behind the surviving unit but had no artillery...(might have deploy ability).

Sorry...dont remember details...had little time to play before work...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby mtormo » 25 May 2018, 07:36

Hello,

Thanks for the info, we'll try again to reproduce this issue before the update so we can fix it, but as I've reviewed in the past, there's no a 100% scenario (even using a unit with artillery on the back) to reproduce it.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby jcwill23 » 15 Jun 2018, 07:27

I am still hoping to see 'rules of the game' somewhere on turn order, especially how it relates to Artillery.

Typical situation:

me: unit on front row, artillery on back row
AI: enemy on back row.

I'm on the attack.
Sometimes my unit on the front row (muotfr) dies when opponent dies. Sometimes muotfr lives without any damage.
Maybe even sometimes it takes damage but lives.

Does it matter when muotfr is placed (deploy so new or been sitting there a while)

It is difficult to plan strategy when the game is supposedly deterministic but the results seem partially unpredictable.

Craig
jcwill23
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 15 Jun 2018, 08:55

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the extra info, I'll see if we can find what's exactly the problem that you're reporting so we can fix it. We found an issue the last week that caused some problem with two units attacking at the same time and we're still looking if there's something more that can cause the problem.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 15 Jun 2018, 11:41

mtormo wrote:Hello Craig,

Thanks for the extra info, I'll see if we can find what's exactly the problem that you're reporting so we can fix it. We found an issue the last week that caused some problem with two units attacking at the same time and we're still looking if there's something more that can cause the problem.

Regards,

Actually...to understand IF there is a problem it would be nice to know the RULES...

I am assuming that:
Front unit should ALWAYS take damage even if covered by artillery behind
Front unit capabilities (like kill infantry, kill any unit, etc...) should always work even if covered OR attacked by artillery
Correct?
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Assassin » 02 Jul 2018, 09:56

The abilities that should kill units are failing several times...i think there is some relation to units in back row...but no evident pattern.

Fukuruki suits (or whatever name they have) fail on occasion. Yesterday was on PVP vs a german diamond submarine...no apparent reason.
Today on baltic raid, Zaitsev (used by AI) vs He219 didnt kill it (Zaitsev died but He219 did not)...but next turn Zhukov did kill He219 in the same apparent circumstances...
Both occasions He219 was in back row...fired OVER Russian unit and was attacked next turn.

As there is no pattern i cant be sure what will happen...but it happens enough times to merit some action...
If it helps...i think it never happened to Zaitsev or Zhukov in the Barbarossa raid...and i did several of them last week and use Zaitsev a lot...perhaps because they never encounter artillery units in that raid?
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby mtormo » 03 Jul 2018, 07:44

Hello,

We found a problem with "in combat" abilities (this affected the "kill on combat abilities") that we fixed but as you say there's still a case where killing abilities in combat at not working. We will keep investigating the problem specially with equipped units against multiple opponents.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 03 Jul 2018, 08:42

mtormo wrote:Hello,

We found a problem with "in combat" abilities (this affected the "kill on combat abilities") that we fixed but as you say there's still a case where killing abilities in combat at not working. We will keep investigating the problem specially with equipped units against multiple opponents.

Regards,

just some extra info...sometimes it also happens that the unit in front wont be damaged in combat if artillery is behind...no kill abillity involved...
Had HG FJ diamond in front and some other german inf with artllery behind...attacked and killed some russian infantry and HG FJ was not damaged
(this on baltic or barbarossa raid)
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Technical Support