Facebook connect problems

Report Bugs and any problems you may experience in the game

Moderator: mtormo

Facebook connect problems

Postby Weasel » 01 May 2014, 18:27

So I am trying to get my user info from one device, an iPad 3, onto my iPhone. I connect to Facebook on each device but there still two separate users. I have tried force-closing the apps and restarting/reconnecting but with no results. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I would kinda like to be NOT prompted on every Facebook connect to allow the game to post to my friends "on my behalf." My friends are.... not like me. :)

Thanks!
-=Weasel
Weasel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Facebook connect problems

Postby nAFAI » 02 May 2014, 11:55

Hi Weasel,

This issue is strange, are both devices connected to facebook? If both devices are connected then it should be working. If that's not working Can you provide us your usernames so we can take a look at them from here?

Also we will be taking a look at the Facebook prompting messages.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Weasel » 02 May 2014, 13:07

(Sorry about the double post. I didn't know this was moderated... :) )

So I did some testing last night (I am a QA Engineer) and I found that the second Facebook prompt is necessary to share the data across the devices. This is a little misleading since the prompt says something like "Allow the app to post to my friends on my behalf." It makes it sound that it would post things without my direct consent so I did not check it. I allowed this and the data was shared properly. I might change the wording on that dialog to say something like "Check this if you want to share your user data across several devices".

Anyway, issue resolved! Keep up the great work!

-=Weasel
Weasel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 03 May 2014, 00:38

I'd really like NOT to show the world I'm playing as much as I am (specially during working hrs) :oops:
Will my progress & saving across devices be affected if I turn of ww2tcg's right to post on my FBwall?
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby nAFAI » 06 May 2014, 15:23

Hey guys,

I'm afraid that those texts come directly from Facebook and we cannot edit their content, good news is that Facebook is planning to get rid of those automatic updates about the game so they should dissapear really soon!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to Technical Support