War Cats Thread #3

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

War Cats Thread #3

Postby 5Cats » 06 Jul 2016, 07:28

Hi War Cats! And any curious folks who wander by.

:arrow: A couple of guys are getting kicked tomorrow, EliteJager & Whisker. 1 of the missing guys is OK since he said he'd be away then come back, no worries. Another guy has been away on and off, I hope he stays around.

Good news though: csprof will join us! An old school player, she (I think) should score a lot & looks forward to raiding with us.

Another VERY active player asked to join, but seems to have been away a bit lately... we'll see.

:arrow: Keep hitting the Hard Team Raid first until we get more active players, it was very close this week.

If you are going to be away all week? Use 1 ticket for each of the difficulties to make sure you get some Team Raid Points. Makes sense eh?

:arrow: If anyone wants to? I could log-in as you while you are away and hit the team raids. Other Platoons do this, at least a little bit. I wouldn't want to PvP or anything, just hit a few Team Raids for fun and profit.

It would mean sending your sign-in name and password, PM me here I FS_Forums or at Kong. It won't work for Facebook or other portals. I don't expect it to be too popular an idea! I've done it before in other games, it just never occurred to me to do it here...

I wouldn't mess with other stuff, but could pick up Daily Rewards, at least a few of them. It's strictly optional, while I have some free time these days. It would have to be on a week-by-week basis, since if you're away for 3 weeks it's really a lot eh?

Other ideas and stuff will be added here, check back later!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: War Cats Thread #3

Postby Aleksandr » 06 Jul 2016, 20:45

5Cats wrote: :arrow: If anyone wants to? I could log-in as you while you are away and hit the team raids. Other Platoons do this, at least a little bit. I wouldn't want to PvP or anything, just hit a few Team Raids for fun and profit.

It would mean sending your sign-in name and password, PM me here I FS_Forums or at Kong. It won't work for Facebook or other portals. I don't expect it to be too popular an idea! I've done it before in other games, it just never occurred to me to do it here...

Careful, young Yoghurt, this might be in conflict with FS rules! :-)
(Just saying in case it's a trouble...)
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 07 Jul 2016, 01:25

Hi Sasa, it sure would be against the rules if I were "rigging fights" or something (I have a devious mind!) but I think just playing some Raids would be OK.

Pretty sure the Devs read all the comments & would mention if it was against policy. I just happened to hear that other Platoons were doing this, which is why sometimes there's 2-3 guys from the same platoon in PvP, but only 1 is talking, eh?

Ooo, I forgot to check the applications... in a few hours! The freezing-up bug was just murder earlier! Grrr!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 11 Jul 2016, 06:21

With csprof smacking Raids around, and most of our guys active? We could try Expert Team first next week. No worries if we start with Hard though!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 13 Jul 2016, 12:16

5Cats wrote:With csprof smacking Raids around, and most of our guys active? We could try Expert Team first next week. No worries if we start with Hard though!

I think we're able to do both Exp and Hard, but I'd try the safer way. I'll start with Hard, as I seriously suck at Expert.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 16 Jul 2016, 04:14

Hi Cats!

Lots of turn-over lately, :cry:

Had to kick 2 guys who went all quiet: Whisker and what's his name...
Nyan (neonb88) has a real busy life & left.
Aine (Aleksandr) is sick of bugs and taking an extended break after the week ends. (Edit: Nope! He changed his mind, yay!)
Specter84 has real life stuff to do and may leave for a while too.

Fu77 is on vacation, might not play much. He's good for 2-3 weeks without getting kicked since he mentioned that in Platoon Chat. IDK if he reads here though, this chat thread is a good place to mention such things :-)

I brought in Gnarmonkey & csprof! Both are on Kong, but Gnarmonkey appears to not be able to read/reply in Platoon Chat lately. I sent him a PM on Kong, but who knows if he can see it?

IDK who will come next, Kardshark was asking, but has mostly given up the game. (Not an issue, no one's leaving just yet, maybe Specter)

Anyhow: Lastrites & Specter? Hit that Raid guys! No reason to not get 700 or 900 FREE Raid Points! Just one ticket...

If anyone sees Blitz-Gnar (gnarmonkey) remind him to use Q and M if he's able to connect to chat. You too Juicy!!

Hit the Hard mission again, we may be able to do Expert this week, I've already marked it! On a pace to do over 7000 per day, and only 13 guys hitting it, cool! Of course we'd need 8,500 per day (every day) to clear 3x Raids... someday!

It looks like the end of the Platoon Week and the end of the Raid Week are now different days, how annoying! Oh well, it's no big deal for me... might make entering/leaving the Platoon more difficult though...
Last edited by 5Cats on 18 Jul 2016, 00:15, edited 2 times in total.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 16 Jul 2016, 15:54

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=906

Join the thread!
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 27 Jul 2016, 17:13

Well War Kittens! The forum links were broken for a week, and other broken stuff too.

This week's German Raid will not be swapped (they said) so we won't lose a day's worth of tickets.

Hard Team has been started (good!) but we should be able to do Expert next. We are getting closer to finishing 3x Raids though! Still 6K total damage away, or a little more.

As with last week: the Platoon rewards will come in a Loot Bag. It is likely the Raid Rewards will just be awarded next week, like when that bug made them skip. FS says they're on the case, so all will not be lost!

Keep up the good work! Love to see the communication to avoid PvP conflicts. It's fun to play other Cats once in a while, but with so few players out there? It's a waste to not get Platoon Points out of the deal...

Eat the 10 bots every day! Lolz! 21K PP just for that! Takes almost an hour though.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 15 Sep 2016, 07:01

This is how we deal 439 dmg/ticket. ;)

Obviously one of the Bergekatze is positioned in a wrong row, but there was no other choice, something something turn1 Hetzer.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 15 Sep 2016, 20:29

Holy Cow! What big numbers you have Sasa :D
(The better to smack Russians around with!)

I use Brutality & Machineguns whenever possible. It gets the most damage in the last 2 turns, if I'm lucky enough.

If you need a 2nd Howitzer (And Specter needs 2x of them!) It's Stalingrad Week! Read the guide & grind those Hard Missions! Just play to survive, not to get 50+, a slight difference at best. Take less risk and accept more damage done, only applies 1-2 times per Mission for me.

5Cats got his 2nd Howitzer that way... from an S-Grad General Pak! Lolz!

>>>We are getting close to doing 3x Team Raids, hooray!
We need almost 9000 per day average, that's about 160 per ticket for 14 guys, all 7 days (I think). It is possible now, but if it fails we'll just get Hard - Medium, not Expert.

This week is Medium for a Duty.

When we plan to do 3x raids? We need to do Hard-Med-Easy and hit them on all 7 days. It isn't all that much more Raid Points actually, but an extra E-Pak never hurts.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Cantine