Cat Chat! Room #2

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Cat Chat! Room #2

Postby Aleksandr » 31 May 2016, 21:02

What's the plan for the next week?
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 01 Jun 2016, 00:49

We can start with Hard, still a couple of guys away or not connecting. If we clear hard in 3 Days then Expert will fall too!

Germans again, swapping a couple of cards from the Raids decks... no need for Green Devils eh?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 01 Jun 2016, 06:18

5Cats wrote:We can start with Hard, still a couple of guys away or not connecting. If we clear hard in 3 Days then Expert will fall too!

Ok!

5Cats wrote:Germans again, swapping a couple of cards from the Raids decks... no need for Green Devils eh?

blashpeny! Wut about my ELITE Devils? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby nyan » 01 Jun 2016, 06:23

My current raid deck (please critique!) :P

General themes:
American infantry
Machine Guns
Exercise Tiger

1 Ramcke
1 Horten
1 Hell’s angels
1 McCampbell
1 The Fighting Five
1 29th Infantry
1 109th Division
2 hetzer
2 1st marine corps
2 6th ranger battalion
2 2nd marine division

15 units

1 Vampir
1 gunto sword
1 browning
1 mosin
1 Precise Map
1 Howitzer
1 Medal of Honor
2 bren gun

9 subtot

1 Noborito Laboratories
1 confusion
2 better equipment
2 Exercise Tiger

6 subtot
nyan
Private
Private

Campaign Missions -- Hard Level

Postby dyvim tvar » 01 Jun 2016, 21:21

As a tip, I am having really good results in the Hard campaign with a crafted Japanese deck. Lots of units that heal me on promote have helped me get 3 stars on 39 of the first 40 missions (mission 3 seems impossible).
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 02 Jun 2016, 01:06

Aleksander: Of course I mean Elite Green Devils :) Those guys are cool! Restore attack and buff other Germans when promoted, and they make good decoys too!

Team Raid: We ended up starting Expert anyhow, no worries! If it takes 4 days we'll hit Medium next, since Easy actually seems MORE difficult! We should have 15 active guys again pretty soon.

Good point Dyvim Tvar, beating the Bergers is easier with promoting the heck out of your guys, then there's no real need for decoys. If the Berger blows up the unit which does the promoting? Cool! It might come back again that much faster!

I usually buff the snot out of my Machinegun and Brutality Infantry: Exercise Tiger is my backbone! Often it hurts them badly to be promoted. That's why I carry so many decoys! And David and Monty can be quite useful too.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nyan » 02 Jun 2016, 14:48

My raid deck (please give feedback!)

Themes:
Machine Guns
American Infantry
Exercise Tiger
EZ Equip
Flying Tigers for shields (free to play if your HP is lower than CPUs)

Group Raid Deck:
1 Ramcke
1 Hell’s angels
1 McCampbell
1 The Fighting Five
1 29th Infantry
2 hetzer
2 Flying Tigers
2 1st marine corps
2 6th ranger battalion
2 2nd marine division

15 units

1 Vampir
1 Gunto sword
1 Browning
1 Mosin
1 Howitzer
2 Medal of Honor
2 Bren gun

9 equips

1 Noborito Laboratories
1 Confusion
2 Better equipment
2 Exercise Tiger

6 orders

Strategy:
Get one huge 1st marines to front with brutality and either sniper (Mosin) or heal (Gunto)
Play lots of Exercise Tiger on your machine gun brutality unit
Ignore everything else (use flying tiger as shield)

Haven't kept as detailed records as would be useful, but my estimate is an average of 200 damage. Last raid hit 299
nyan
Private
Private

Postby nyan » 03 Jun 2016, 00:42

Also FYI:

How many plat points does each activity get the cats?

PvP win: 300

Easy Historical: 25
Medium HIstorical: 150
Hard Historical: ?

Raids: ?
nyan
Private
Private

Postby Specter84 » 04 Jun 2016, 00:16

This isn't set up the same way as Cats' decks that he listed, so sorry. ;) Any advice is welcome, just be aware when you tell me to add cards that I don't have... I will tell you to send me the cards!! LOL! I would like to get my damage a little more consistent, if possible.

I have a slightly different deck for the German raid, I'll post it next week, after collecting all my raid damage.

vs. Russian raid

units
Gustav
Hetzer(elite) x2
brandenburger(elite)
panzer II(elite)
bergepanther(elite)
lehr div(elite) x2
fallschrim div(elite)
grossdeutschland(elite)
14th waffen grenadier(elite)
FW190(elite)
brandenburger
he-219

Items
bombe
browning
iron cross(elite)
MP40(elite)
MG42(elite) x2
camo net(elite)
superior optics(elite)

Orders
flag raising
blitz(elite)
confusion
B.E. x2
demotion
medical tent x2

Damage against Russian raids

Code: Select all
Solo Russian
 44ex  131ex  229ex   51ex   92ex  223md  175md
158ex   83ex   49ex   48ex   52ex  178md  179md
189ex   59ex  165ex  244ex  222ex  142md  118md
152ex   71ex   78ex  112ex  159md   85md  295md

Plat Russian   
 80ex  158ex  160ex   96ex  164hd  172hd   92hd
 77ex  179ex   71ex  307ex   53hd  126hd  113hd
 43ex  170ex  143ex  259ex  260hd  177hd   73hd
 48ex   53ex  110ex   81ex  200hd  143hd  179hd

Specter84

P.S. I have no Russian howitzers, no Vampyre, no Gunto. I'm working on the Elite Rommel card.
Specter84
Private
Private

Postby 5Cats » 04 Jun 2016, 05:36

Important: Can we all remind everyone that is not hitting team raids to come read this:
:arrow: Hitting the 4x Team Raids, once each, one time a week, will get him over 1200 Raid Points! That's nearly 2x Blueprints, for 4 tickets. Or just hit Hard and Expert twice each, or check which ones we plan to hit. It's free stuff!!
(I got a-hold of EliteJager, he has seen the light!)

Anyhow: My format came by accident! I was trying to show them 3-wide, but that was impossible. So I ended up listing them like that.

Specter: I'm a big fan of decoys, and specializing decks. I'd go more one way: infantry or tanks, forget the aircraft against the Russians. Plan on using Exercise Tiger for Inf, or something else for the tanks. It depends on how many Elites you can get made for each of the classes.

No Afrika Corps? That hurts... you know the other 4 cards you urgently need... Ramcke might help too but of course is difficult to get.

Elite Rommel won't help at all in Raids, unless you haven't got a normal one. Good for the rest of the game of course. Much better are Elite Hetzer (you have 2x, good!) or Elite Panther for a tank deck. Even 2x Elite Bergers are more useful, kill stuff & add life too.

Those 4-8 life are meaningless. David saves more than that!! Just use his Flag to block something with Brutality (zero damage) and he shoots over it to block it some more next turn too! Especially useful if it doesn't have brutality, or to set up a unit to take it out after that. David's Flag also can save your attacking units too so they survive to shoot 1-3 more turns! Especially good for Brutality Machinegunners (which you only have one, Browning, but still!) and he's fast, another possibly useful ability to block damage.

If you make other fighting units? The Legends can act as decoys, since they will attract a lot of nasty attention. If you pump AP into a Legend with promotions and items? BOOM they're gone! Ouch.

Anyhow you seem to do a ton of damage, your deck is good! It's just my opinion on small details.

- Specialize Units (inf arm OR air) as much as you can so your items and orders will be most useful to most of your units. Having a tank-only item when only 1/3 of your units are tanks? Not efficient.
- Multi-purpose as much as you can. Medical tents? meh! Elite Green Devils? Woo-hoo! They can: restore attack, block, act as a decoy (mostly after promotion) and if promoted add +3/+3 to everything! You can promote them with Elite grosser, play them free with the 14th, and Ex-Tiger works on them to boot! Slap a couple of items on them (if you have to, if they manage to stay alive) and they can do damage as well... super useful!

With the Russians I let the -5 hit the decoy (like David!) over and over, when this works it's nice! They also attract the Not One Step.
Against the Germans the decoys are less effective, but do attract the Bergers and Confusion away from your damage-making units.

Mass NOSB and Mass Confusion = you are screwed no matter what... no decoy for that! :x

I'll add stuff if I think of anything, cheers!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Cantine