War Cats: Scratching Post

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

Re: War Cats: Scratching Post

Postby Aleksandr » 02 Mar 2016, 15:51

Well, if it's addiction than it's wrong currency or not. If it's honest hobby, than it's better to waste few minutes and few nickels than hours with senseless stuff that give me no joy (e.g. the surveys you went through). But I understand your point. It's kind of an accomplishment... :-D
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 02 Mar 2016, 18:25

Some of the games were fun to try, and surveys are interesting too. But yeah, it's far from "efficient" in terms of time spent. :lol:

That said, I need 10 more Kreds to buy a deck slot, and another 10 just in case...
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 03 Mar 2016, 16:14

Other topic: I'm totally useless in Hard raid. I'm going to play the Easy one.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 03 Mar 2016, 23:03

Aleksandr wrote:Other topic: I'm totally useless in Hard raid. I'm going to play the Easy one.

Expert is even worse! 5AP really hurts.

And I'm doing much worse against the Russians than the Germans. Even after I 'tweeked' my deck a little? It helped but now I have fewer units... higher risk of crappy draws in the first two turns.

Bored5Cats just eats Russians up though, I only changed 2 cards: got rid of the Japanese 109th x2 and put Zhukov (he's a killing machine! and almost always draws the -5) and an Elite Russian (27th Guards: 3-2-5, promote Russian Infantry on entry, Fast and Brutality built in!)
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby dyvim tvar » 05 Mar 2016, 21:18

My crafted Americans have been really good in raids. All those MGs.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aleksandr » 06 Mar 2016, 08:48

I fully support the two above posts. I mix Ger+Rus+USA infantry because no matter how low their attack went, the Russian legends still kill the opposing units. Then there are Brandenburgers that cost 1AP to upgrade to R2 and thus are able to clean the path quite effectively, moreover they eat the -5 like champs. Paras are perfect for the attack restore, the infantry artillery that has 8/8 on R2 is more than amazing and Ramcke is Ramcke; you got him, you play him. The US guys with MGs are main dmg dealers. I played a bit more US-centric version of this deck (and in fact I should ditch one of the nations and concentrate more on the US part) and with that versionI was even able to squeeze in their medal which gives tremendous bonus. However, the 3-nations based deck is kinda prone to crappy draws faction-wise, so I ditched medals instead of other-nations comrades.
Speaking of equipment, I lack something reall brutal, but I guess that Mosin plus buttloads of brutality/blitzkrieg stuff is enough.
Also, what's the opinion on Truppenverbanddreckhausplatzkleinhundschutzscheisse? I'm uninclined to include more support troops than necessary, otoh, they might mitigate the -5 malus with a negligible cost of stinking in one slot. Opinions?
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 06 Mar 2016, 15:51

Oh, I don't think Easy, Medium and Hard Raids play anything differently, or have different units: just more life! And less life for you, so you may actually die in Hard. It's Expert with the 5AP that's different from the others, same life as Hard for AI and you.

I was thinking that the mixed decks are fun, but once those buff, play and promote "secondary" cards come around (when we find enough of them!) then it's time to go almost all one nation. Then specific items like Grenades & Medals, and the free to use ones, can start making a difference.

Still? Super-OP units and items will always have a place: Jack, Bombe, Rangers, Monty, Hetzer & Mosin, Gunto, Vampyr, and 2xBE, Taking Command, Confusion and Scorched Earth, something with Spy!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby dyvim tvar » 07 Mar 2016, 17:08

Just giving some advance notice -- I will be traveling internationally from 12 to 19 of this month so will be missing a week. Plan to be active again when I get back.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 08 Mar 2016, 03:07

Cheers dyvim tvar! Have a fun and safe trip!

No worries, but thanks for the 'heads up' eh? That's what this thread is for, after all.

Others have taken a little time off, it's cool. I won't be booting any folks for a while at least, and usually wait 2-3 weeks of inactivity before it happens. You would need to be gone a month or so, I think ;)
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 09 Mar 2016, 17:32

Hey Guys!

Let's hit Expert Overlord this week! For the Duty. If we're all playing we could have hit Medium too, but guys have started on Easy so... we'll do that one. Expert is not tougher than Easy, except for less life for us, and those 5AP... so that only is the difference!

Remember: toughest one first each week! Slightly better reward than Easy, and if we only manage one it's best to get the tough one, right?
If Expert really freaks you out (kills you dead) then still be sure to hit it a few times anyway, for ~700 Raid Points! Cheap! :lol:

#2 - Wolf found an "exploit" which the unknown 'jonny' person seems to have used too. It's not really an "exploit" at all since it's how the game was intended to run, but a mistake in the system:

In Team Raid? Buy 5-10x +2 Extra Turns when you have a solid base of units! It's has to be Team raid, and probably finishes it by yourself! So if anyone wants to try this? Plan ahead, we'll all take 1 ticket off it & every gets tons of points! Ok? That would easily give us 3 Raids in that week.

I'm guessing that to do this you'd need to adjust your deck a little. Add a Taking Command, for example? You plan on buffing all your units to the 100 -100 level, with Brutality, machineguns and artillery in all 3 rows... Do 15K total damage and get (roughly) 60K Platoon Points! That's 6K gold or more, eh? 8+ G-paks for 50 to 100 Kreds!

Wolf really did this: did 13K and 16K and got 140K Platoon Points! That's 12K-15K gold folks!! Cost him 260 Kreds, under a hour, which is an amazing return on investment. FAR better than buying gold or Paks in the store!! Of course we can't score as hard and fast as Wolf's amazing decks, but it is EASILY doable if one plans for it.

So if anyone wants to do this? For fun & profit? Plan ahead and we'll all jump in before, leaving 18K Life or more for you, of course! Hard would work best, I think... if no one's that rich? No worries! Lolz!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Cantine