War Cats: Scratching Post

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

Re: War Cats: Scratching Post

Postby dyvim tvar » 09 Feb 2016, 22:25

My current PVP deck:

UNITS

5th Ranger Battalion (L)
David McCampbell (L)
2 x Dambusters (E)
2 x 109th Infantry (E)
Afrika Korps (E)
Brandenburger (E)
Panther (E)
2 x Flying Tigers (E)
T-34 (E)
P-51 Mustang (E)

EQUIPMENT

Bombe (L)
STG-44 "Vampir" (L)
Gunto, Military Sword (L)
Thompson SG.45 (E)
Marshal Baton (E)
2 x Tokarev SVT-40 (R)
NKVD Equipment (R)

ORDERS

Flag Raising (L)
Not One Step Back! (L)
Noborito Laboratory (L)
Confusion (E)
2 x Better Equipment (E)
Scorched Earth (E)
Demotion (R)
Spying (R)

Deck works pretty well. Units almost all self-promote, equip for free, or can be played for free, so saves lots of AP, and Dambusters and Scorched Earth can take AP from opponent. Demotion is a very useful card -- I end up playing it on my own units a lot to remove de-buffs.

To optimize I think I would like to have Mosin-Nagant and M2 Browning instead of the 2 x Tokarev SVT-40 and Ramcke Parachute Brigade instead of the T-34.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aleksandr » 09 Feb 2016, 23:01

dyvim tvar wrote:My current PVP deck:
To optimize I think I would like to have Mosin-Nagant and M2 Browning instead of the 2 x Tokarev SVT-40 and Ramcke Parachute Brigade instead of the T-34.

I believe we've met. The deck is insane. and disgusting... :-D
The proposed changes woul make it sick. T-34 is annoying enough, but Ramcke is a beast.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby dyvim tvar » 10 Feb 2016, 02:20

It is a beast. Can't wait for Gazala to come back in the rotation so I can try to get it.

I'm grinding Stalingrad right now to try to get Mosin-Nagant.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 10 Feb 2016, 03:09

I want a Russian Howitzer! Bored has 3...

The Plan:
- Next week we can hit Medium First, then Easy (Feb 10)
- Feb 17: We'll hit Expert for our Duty Score! Try Easy after, but probably won't do it.
- Feb 24: Hit Medium First again, then Easy
After that? We should be able to do Hard/Easy every time 8-) Maybe even Hard/Medium!

We hit the higher one first to get the most points first. If things go wrong: bugs eating out ticket (like this week!) or people away? We'll score the most with 1 that we can, while still hoping to score 2. We need to get enough points (4000!) to buy 5 Blueprints to make an Epic Elite. Hopefully people can save up some Gold for Rares and under too! Having a bunch of them is the key, and all of the same nation, since nearly every (but not all of them!) ability is nation-specific.

Adding it all up from this week? We -barely- could have beaten Hard and Easy... but it was close! Like 500 extra? If my maths are right. Some tickets got eaten, but everyone was hitting it! Which is the best (and only!) way to Team Raid!

Edit: Enough damage was done to maybe beat Expert too? But since it's 5 AP it could have been much lower. Waxking is taking a stab at the last 1023 life in Medium! Good luck!

Good Raiding nations are America (Marines! And Elite 2nd Marines too) and Germany (Afrika Corps, Elite Grosserdeutchland) British against the German one (Tortoise, Monty, Matilda even) but probably all of them will work once we get some Elite synergy going.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 10 Feb 2016, 09:49

dyvim tvar wrote:It is a beast. Can't wait for Gazala to come back in the rotation so I can try to get it.

I'm grinding Stalingrad right now to try to get Mosin-Nagant.

Good luck! I'd give you my 2nd Ramcke, but alas... :-)

5Cats wrote:I want a Russian Howitzer! Bored has 3...

The Plan:
- Next week we can hit Medium First, then Easy (Feb 10)
- Feb 17: We'll hit Expert for our Duty Score! Try Easy after, but probably won't do it.
- Feb 24: Hit Medium First again, then Easy
After that? We should be able to do Hard/Easy every time 8-) Maybe even Hard/Medium!

Ok, got the plan!

5Cats wrote:We hit the higher one first to get the most points first. If things go wrong: bugs eating out ticket (like this week!) or people away? We'll score the most with 1 that we can, while still hoping to score 2. We need to get enough points (4000!) to buy 5 Blueprints to make an Epic Elite. Hopefully people can save up some Gold for Rares and under too! Having a bunch of them is the key, and all of the same nation, since nearly every (but not all of them!) ability is nation-specific.

Adding it all up from this week? We -barely- could have beaten Hard and Easy... but it was close! Like 500 extra? If my maths are right. Some tickets got eaten, but everyone was hitting it! Which is the best (and only!) way to Team Raid!

Edit: Enough damage was done to maybe beat Expert too? But since it's 5 AP it could have been much lower. Waxking is taking a stab at the last 1023 life in Medium! Good luck!

Good Raiding nations are America (Marines! And Elite 2nd Marines too) and Germany (Afrika Corps, Elite Grosserdeutchland) British against the German one (Tortoise, Monty, Matilda even) but probably all of them will work once we get some Elite synergy going.

Good analyses! I'll try my hand with Wehrmacht!
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 14 Feb 2016, 00:07

I've had some great success using the Japanese Order: Search & Destroy! Better than Brandenbergers, more flexible and doesn't take up a spot in the lines.

Special thanks to Waxking for beating the Medium Raid all on his own! Unless Redrain helped too? Then thanks to both of them!

A breakdown of what cards to use in Raids (just my opinions! others do more damage than me, eh?) that includes some more common ones, not just Orange Tides! Of course ALL the new, Over Powered Legends can be used too! I just don't have any. Mad jack, 5th rangers, Bombe, just play them if you got them.

It's pretty much identical for both Raid types so far, the idea is still the same: pound them with little thought for defense! Just keep the units & leader alive to fire your last turn off, being killed doesn't lower damage already done.

Decoys: Used for attracting the -5 or Bergers. Hopefully they survive a few turns? But their main mission is to keep your 'shooters' alive and full attack. The AI almost always targets in this order: Legends - Elite Epics - R-3 Epics - Epics - all others.

Montgomery, Maus, T-100, B-17, Horton, Sakai, David, Flying Sub (planes stay alive a little longer by shooting over enemies)
Zhukov, Ramcke, Vasily, Rommel, Hiroo (these are Infantry and can be buffed too)
Tortoise, Matilda (blocker & stops enemy brutality).
Hetzer: because they are fun! Lolz! Can be the best card in the game, with the right draws. Have 1 around for sure!

The AI really hates Rancke and Sakai, almost always hits them over anything else. Almost! Yeah, most guys don't have many on this list, but they're mostly to decoy anyhow. Crappy Epics that are cheap to upgrade also can work.

Shooters: The backbone of your Raid! Keep these guys alive and loaded up with items. The AI will sometimes pick on the 109th or Afrika over a Legend, it's hard to say why it does that.

1st Marines, 2nd marines, Afrika Corps, Grosserdeutchland, Japan's 109th, 51st Highland, Northumbrians, Russian Elite snipers, Russian Rare snipers, infantry units with free 'Brutality' and/or Fast.

Yup! All infantry! Because: infantry-specific items! And Exercise Tiger!
The 1st marines are the #1 priority! Have 2x them absolutely! And if you get 6? Make an Elite one for even better buffing. 2nd Marines can be used too, and make an excellent Elite, as do Grosser, for their free promotion of same-nation infantry! And free stuff like Machineguns for Marines, and EZ-Equip and Brutality (r-2) for Grosser. That's nice!
The 109th self-promotes, so it can be used first as a decoy, then as a shooter. Handy!

You could try: Mustang, Panther, Fallschrim (Grenade Paratroopers) 6th Ranger (EZ-Equip Rare, not the new one!)

Items: These are what makes your infantry deadly! You want a combination of: Sniper, Brutality, Repair, Blitz, Artillery, Machineguns! On 1-3 buffed-up infantry. As many in combination as you can get, using a card's inherent abilities is terrific, of course.

Mosin, Gunto, Browning = Mandatory. Substitute mundane Sniper rifles if you have to: Snipers are important!

305mm Howitzer (new) or Bren Gun, STG-44 Vampir, Marshal Baton, Landing Craft, Precision Maps (fast!), Camouflage Nets (artillery), Penicillin or Medical Equipment (slow, but heals a little) & perhaps an Iron Cross Medal if you have 2-3 Germans with EZ Equip, or the American one if you have Mustangs & Rangers.

You'll have a few too many items, and risk a "Dead Draw" early: but what use are EZ-Equip if you got no equipment? Pile them on for free!

Orders: Once you have units in place? Orders will be the key to causing lots of damage! Keeping the shooters alive or clearing a path in front of them. Mostly ignore you Leader Life and the Decoys are just there to die, or block if Invulnerable.

2x Exercise Tiger! 2x Better Equipment! is mandatory! Banzai, Not One Step, Noborito Lab, Search & Destroy.

Other useful cards: Medical Tent (maybe? It also removes positive buffs) Guerrilla Warfare, Win At All Costs, Code Interception (maybe?) Confusion (can help sometimes).

If you have lots of Russians? Propaganda of course.
If you have lots of British then Coalition is handy!

Once we get enough Blueprints to start making Nation-specific decks? Things will change, of course. I'll add more stuff if I think of anything.

Feel free to offer your ideas & suggestions too!

The goal: 150 damage, average, per ticket! That should clear 2x Solo Raids every time.

My Best: 121 in one Turn. 373 in one Day.
Worst ever: 12... :oops: I do not wish to discuss it...
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bigfatrasta » 14 Feb 2016, 00:41

although they take quite some time to fully impact, Gustav and T-100 are wonderfull damage dealers. Would be even better if i got a machine gun :(
bigfatrasta
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 14 Feb 2016, 01:13

Specter reported he did massive damage with his T-100! Topped 300!

I think Gustav is too darn slow, it needs so much help from BE as well. No more putting a Browning on it either! But it is immune to the -5...

I prefer the 'mass-buffing' of ExTig, Banzai and CoCo. Give 2-3 units those buffs can cause a lot of damage! For cheap AP cost. That's the only thing that matters: damage & be fast about it! Because the Raids are so short, eh? You essentially do half the total damage on the last 2 turns, at least I do. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Need both Hetzers? Both Marshal Batons? More units with Blitz?

If I built a German Deck with Elites there would be 1-3 Elites with Blitz on them already, to help power-up the rest & do direct damage too...

But American decks get so many machineguns...
And British can use Coalition...
And Russians get Propaganda...
And the Japanese Elites are just plain useful! While other nations have their Elite Inf or Armour only promote the same type? Many Japanese Elites promote other units, regardless of type! Same nation only, of course.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 15 Feb 2016, 14:54

I just finished my Hard attempt leaving the AI with 3 life left... :-(
Nvm, there's always tomorrow, right?
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant