War Cats: Scratching Post

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

War Cats: Scratching Post

Postby 5Cats » 06 Feb 2016, 18:26

Hi! A hidden, secret place for Cats Of War Platoon to chat! Can I put a password on this thing?

Anyhow, no Rats, Hawks or Coconuts allowed, shoo! Vamoose you!

The purpose is to have a lasting post place where everyone can read together, rather than just happening to be on-line, eh?

So far we've done a great job of avoiding 'cat fights' in PvP and concentrating on Raids, lets keep up the good work!

Here's a URL to jump to this page: http://tinyurl.com/jzwn5vl

Share it with fellow Cats you see in the Platoon Chat, ok!

Discussions start below, speak freely and Fight Bravely!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Re: War Cats: Scratching Post

Postby 5Cats » 06 Feb 2016, 18:42

First off: (Perhaps we should number new topics? This will be #1)

We're split on the Raids: Some 1500 points into both Medium and Expert. It's best to unite & beat 2x Raids, right? Much better rewards than 1x Expert.
Last time? We did about 1000 damage on the 3rd raid level: Hard, after clearing the first 2. It could be that not everyone used up all their attacks? But trying to do Expert (against 5 AP!!) and another would need a lot more damage in total!

Easy + Medium = 18K + 20K (38K total)
Easy + Hard or Expert = 18K + 22K... 40K! We wouldn't have had enough to beat both last week! Only did 39K

Rewards: 1400 Raid Points and 2x Enlisted Packs VS 1250 Raid points and 1x random pack? The "Exclusive Card Chance" is there for all 4 levels, so that isn't a factor. The maths say: Do Easy and Medium for best rewards!

So here's a thought: We can do either Medium (or Hard) FIRST, then Easy after? Once we finish two Raids with about 3K left over? We can try Hard (or Expert? Maybe) and then Easy. That means a lot of grinding and using up ALL your tickets! But would get a little bit more reward Points to buy Blueprints with. If we did Hard & Easy, or someday Expert & Easy! But 2x Raids is better than 1x, correct?
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby dyvim tvar » 06 Feb 2016, 18:56

Agreed.

I think we can do Expert, but we need to START with Expert or else we won't have the time to finish it.

I unfortunately blew my wad on Expert today. Did some good damage, but I don't think we are going to finish a second raid this week.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby waxking45 » 06 Feb 2016, 19:02

I agree we need to stay on easy and medium raids until we all have created stronger cards to take on the harder levels.
I took a stab at expert and only did 16 damage. It was a complete waste of time and took up one of my raid points which would have been better served in the medium raid.
waxking45
Private
Private

Postby dyvim tvar » 06 Feb 2016, 19:04

Agree.

Start with the hard stuff first. Otherwise we won't be able to finish them.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aleksandr » 06 Feb 2016, 20:52

i think your math is right. Generally, I'd support that you (as a platoon leader) do a decision and then we'll collectively try our best. At worse, we'll lose one week of raids...
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby dyvim tvar » 08 Feb 2016, 15:00

Ugh ...

Since I had no prior posts moderator review was required. Took three days ...
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 08 Feb 2016, 15:41

dyvim tvar wrote:Ugh ...

Since I had no prior posts moderator review was required. Took three days ...

Oh really? I'd forgotten that! :| I just told someone last night that it was super-fast to sign up, but forgot the delay in first comment approval.
Thanks for the reminder!

It's always best to get 2x Raids done, I think, unless Expert has some sort of Bonus Card we don't know about yet?
Also: We could do Expert one week just to get the Duty! Lolz!

If 1-2 players get quiet for a week? That would cut down the total damage & we might miss the second one, so we could do the 'higher' one first, then the Easy.

It all depends on "total damage done" by the Platoon. With only 1 week to work with (the first week was only 6 days, not everyone got going) it's still tough to say. I'm guessing we can consistently beat Hard & one other, but let's do Medium first next week then Easy to get a good count.

Are the AI cards any different in Hard & Expert? I don't recall that, just more life & 5 AP to increase difficulty.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby dyvim tvar » 08 Feb 2016, 16:30

I think we should start on Expert and try to complete the duty.

BTW - I have enough Kamikaze cards I could craft now. Would be really could for a Raiding speed deck. Deals 5 damage to opponent on first promote, deals 10 damage to opponent on second.
dyvim tvar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Specter84 » 09 Feb 2016, 05:36

5Cats recommended I post this here for the Kongregate players :
Here are the instructions for earning free Kreds (watching ads, signing up for email spam, etc)

Top of your screen, pause over "My Kong". Down and right is a big K with number of your Kreds under it. Click the K.
Click on the button "Buy Kreds".
Middle-left and half-way down is "Earn free Kreds". Click there.
And HOPEFULLY, you'll find some that are actually "free", and you actually get credit for them.

Good luck!!
Specter84
Private
Private

Next

Return to Cantine