Anyone play Combat Mission?

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

Anyone play Combat Mission?

Postby carl124 » 14 Jul 2015, 22:24

Just wondering if there are any other CM players here? For those that don't know it is an uber-realistic ground combat sim (at least the current iteration is), with games covering WWII and modern. Well worth a look if you are at all interested in WWII warfare. Demos can be got at Battlefront.com (shameless plug).
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Anyone play Combat Mission?

Postby Assassin » 17 Jul 2015, 10:06

carl124 wrote:Just wondering if there are any other CM players here? For those that don't know it is an uber-realistic ground combat sim (at least the current iteration is), with games covering WWII and modern. Well worth a look if you are at all interested in WWII warfare. Demos can be got at Battlefront.com (shameless plug).

I played it long time ago...first and second version...was a great game at the time...

Still have it somewhere...way outdated by now...but still fun!

Killing tougher tanks (think Tiger) was always a tactical problem and great sense of accomplishment when done right...

Nowadays i dont have the time for SEQUENTIAL hours of playing...so moved to games like WW2TCG :) ... i can play half an hour at a time...
Assassin
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Anyone play Combat Mission?

Postby carl124 » 17 Jul 2015, 20:07

The newer games released 2010 onwards are a huge advance on the originals in terms of both graphics and gameplay. Shorter scenarios are available via the community and many can be played in under an hour, admittedly though the learning curve is pretty steep, but well worth it if you want to play real WWII tactics.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Cantine